Zay Jones is Bills' most likely player to emerge on offense

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Bills may keep 7 WR's with Kroft having health issues at TE.

Josh Allen needs someone who can bail him out on a regular basis. All QB's do.

Will Zay be that guy? We shall see?

Do any of the WRs play special teams?  If we keep 7, teams play will probably be essential to the selection.  

It's interesting, there's not even a consensus here as to which WRs are the top 3 this season, yet, the guys that we brought in were a massive upgrade.  

That's interesting given the talk about Foster and Jones being among the starters.  

Of course popping the narrative by stating the reality that the guys brought in are nothing more than average NFL starters, on a good day, understandably isn't very popular.  

We'll see if the guy whom last year was trying to jump thru a 30-story window to "fight for Jesus" can get it done.  

I gotta tell ya tho, I feel sorry for Allen.  These charade "upgrades" aren't going to help him nearly to the extent that he needs the help.  

• Like (+1) 1

Zay really does have reason to have a much better year. I mean it might not be the case that this is why he struggled but there were definitely several things that could of been factors in holding him back. First year injuries keep him from having a full preseason run up to the season and even ends up playing injured during the season in his rookie year. Last year doesn't have a full preseason run up again due injury and throughout the season has 4 different QBs 5 if you include preseason and he still manages to get the most receptions. So if he has a good offseason and preseason with the same QB he had for a decent portion of last year with other legit weapons out there with him besides a rookie UDFA he might make a good sized jump this year. I mean maybe those factors weren't why he struggled but if you're looking for reasons for him to be better this year an improved situation going into the season could definitely be on of them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Bills may keep 7 WR's with Kroft having health issues at TE.

Josh Allen needs someone who can bail him out on a regular basis. All QB's do.

Will Zay be that guy? We shall see?

I’ll be surprised if Kroft ever sees the field as a Bill. He’ll be on IR or PUP to start the year and if Knox performs like I think he will, there’ll be an injury settlement and Kroft will disappear. He was one of our 1st FA signings, necessitated by Clay’s departure. Since then, he’s been shoved way down the depth chart on merit, BEFORE once again breaking his ankle. 

Tip: Don’t buy a Kroft jersey.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Beasely isn't in their top 3 then something very wrong has happened.

Ya for sure , I think alot of ppl will be pleasantly surprised at how good he is. 

Zay can play in or out , if he can be a little more consistent , he'd be a helluva weapon and would allow for some great matchups with Beas down low and Foster/Brown up top.  This could be a really good WR corps.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for zay jones

Over the past two seasons, it’s been a difficult time to be a Buffalo Bills wide receiver. For parts of the 2017 season, the unit was mentioned among the least-productive units in league history. The team was 31st in passing yards per game, averaging 176.6 yards per game. They were 27th in passing touchdowns, averaging exactly one per game.

The 2018 season didn’t pan out much better. General manager Brandon Beane jettisoned Tyrod Taylor for a preseason battle of Nathan Peterman, AJ McCarron, and Josh Allen. Peterman won the three-way battle, and ultimately took control of the offense.

Unfortunately, the team, along with Peterman, imploded during the first week of the season, and the position was passed along to the inexperienced Allen. The growing pains were apparent, especially through the first half of the season. While it did get better down the stretch, the view of the entire season still left quite a bit to be desired.

The Bills held down the 31st spot in yards once again, this time averaging 174.6 per game. The myriad of Bills quarterbacks could only muster 13 passing touchdowns, worst in the league. The group ended up throwing the second-most interceptions in the NFL, 23 (mostly) ill-advised balls.

Yet, there is a reason for the team to hold their head’s high.

Josh Allen’s improvement as the rookie season continued gives hope for an offensively-starved franchise.  Yes, he hopped linebackers and ran wild at times. However, the decision-making, while still a work in process, was ripe with better choices down the stretch. He didn’t take as many wild risks while throwing the football. Allen was less jittery behind the line and more confident.

All of this adds up to benefit…Zay Jones.

Yes, the third-year receiver should be the most likely player to emerge on the Bills’ offense.

Buffalo added John Brown and Cole Beasley to their receiving corps. It may cut down on his targets. Still, Jones can still thrive.

Entering his third season with Buffalo, Jones has the seventh-most catches amount receivers drafted in the 2017 draft. He has gained 968 receiving yards during his two years in the NFL, also good for seventh among the draft class. He is fourth among the group with nine touchdown receptions.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/07/zay-jones-buffalo-bills-most-likely-emerge-offense-josh-allen/

Zay Jones? I hardly recognized him with his clothes on.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Beasely is our slot receiver but I wouldn't be shock if Jones, Foster, and Brown all have more yards than him.  

You don't pay a slot receiver #3 in the NFL-money for his position to be the 4th in catches and yards.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm hoping for something very right: Foster, Brown, and Zay turning out to be 3 stud WRs, then you play the 3 best & leave the gimmick player for a change of pace.

7 hours ago, NewCastleFanBills said:

Between Zay, Foster and Sills we may have to many good WRs and not enough spots.

Sills ?

: )

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

core muscle surgery ?

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Zay really does have reason to have a much better year. I mean it might not be the case that this is why he struggled but there were definitely several things that could of been factors in holding him back. First year injuries keep him from having a full preseason run up to the season and even ends up playing injured during the season in his rookie year. Last year doesn't have a full preseason run up again due injury and throughout the season has 4 different QBs 5 if you include preseason and he still manages to get the most receptions. So if he has a good offseason and preseason with the same QB he had for a decent portion of last year with other legit weapons out there with him besides a rookie UDFA he might make a good sized jump this year. I mean maybe those factors weren't why he struggled but if you're looking for reasons for him to be better this year an improved situation going into the season could definitely be on of them.

He was trending up last season.
he is no Bob Woods though..

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Zay Jones? I hardly recognized him with his clothes on.

see , now that is just cheap humor.

but

begets the question ? how would you know  :  )

• Like (+1) 1