Offensive Line by Committee? Chris Brown obtained my permission to run with the idea. #Versatility #FergyHasSpoken

1 hour ago, kota said:

How is this new?

?? Innovation, by definition, is new. Most (if not all) teams rely on one set of five O-linemen. They grow together and become one unit. But what happens when one man goes down? How about two? Then you have two or three guys that are untested and rusty come in and disrupt the whole continuity thingy. I am proposing (and Feliciano, Brown and McDermott evidently agree) that you get all 8 guys on one page and sub them in from play to play or series to series. If you want road graders put the big dudes out. If you want agility, put the littler fellas in.  The quote above doesn’t lie - the only issue is, those who called me “cray cray” above owe me a little apology. I’m waiting. This was Belichickian foresight on the OP’s part. 

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

?? Innovation, by definition, is new. Most (if not all) teams rely on one set of five O-linemen. They grow together and become one unit. But what happens when one man goes down? How about two? Then you have two or three guys that are untested and rusty come in and disrupt the whole continuity thingy. I am proposing (and Feliciano, Brown and McDermott evidently agree) that you get all 8 guys on one page and sub them in from play to play or series to series. If you want road graders put the big dudes out. If you want agility, put the littler fellas in.  The quote above doesn’t lie - the only issue is, those who called me “cray cray” above owe me a little apology. I’m waiting. This was Belichickian foresight on the OP’s part. 

I think it’s only fair to swap some OL with DL, and vice versa. They deserve to know the life on the other side. This, of course, goes along with orange slices at halftime, and a great big trophy for everyone when the game ends! 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:49 AM, jeremy2020 said:

As we say at my job, 9 out of 10 ideas are bad. Congrats on using up all 9 at once.

I guess Feliciano disagrees with you as well. 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, Bangarang said:

Terrible.

Oops. Tell that to Feliciano and our Chris Brown. 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, BuffAlone said:

You guys just remember that old BuffAlone was the first to recognize that this is completely absurd

Tell Feliciano he’s absurd...I dare ya. Oh, and Daboll says “Sup?”

Edited by BringBackFergy

On 6/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

This is the most ridiculous post i have ever read here.

Ohhhh, but if Feliciano or Chris Brown or Daboll say it, you’ll read with a woody?? I should sell subscriptions to my analysis/thoughts. 

44 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

So you are saying the OP writer is cheating piece of crap?  Pretty strong words even if for all evidence seems to imply it is true.

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So you are saying the OP writer is cheating piece of crap?  Pretty strong words even if for all evidence seems to imply it is true.

The OP is prescient. No cheating about it. Give credit to OP where it’s due. 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, BuffAlone said:

You guys just remember that old BuffAlone was the first to recognize that this is completely absurd

Bangarang beat you to it.

Versatility makes an offensive line more resilient when injuries hit, but no area of a team is more dependent on the chemistry that comes from stability than the offensive line.  There will be situations where guys will sub in to allow a starter to rest up, but those are going to be individual substitutions, not platooning like we'll see on the defensive line.

Edited by TigerJ

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The OP is prescient. No cheating about it. Give credit to OP where it’s due. 

Who was the Op, again? I wonder what that brilliant mind thinks about drafting WR’s to play DB? After all, every time a DB drops a pick, they say “that’s why he’s not a WR!” This may become a trend around the league. 

12 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Bangarang beat you to it.

Versatility makes an offensive line more resilient when injuries hit, but no area of a team is more dependent on the chemistry that comes from stability than the offensive line.  There will be situations where guys will sub in to allow a starter to rest up, but those are going to be individual substitutions, not platooning like we'll see on the defensive line.

So you would rather be “reactive” than “proactive”? Got it. 

Just now, Augie said:

Who was the Op, again? I wonder what that brilliant mind thinks about drafting WR’s to play DB? After all, every time a DB drops a pick, they say “that’s why he’s not a WR!” This may become a trend around the league. 

You will never change my mind on this: Chris Hogan would be an All Pro CB if given the chance. 

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

This thread is pretty old. Who was the OP?

BringBackIngenuity

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

There is an art to hooking people in, while avoiding having your truck fire bombed at the opener. Well played......I hope. I’ll keep my distance until things seem under control. 

You going to the opener? I was just invited on the sideline. Someone read this post and invited me to watch and take notes. Not gonna argue with him. 

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

You going to the opener? I was just invited on the sideline. Someone read this post and invited me to watch and take notes. Not gonna argue with him. 

I’ll be at the opener. (Still need a single ticket, but stubhub always provides if needed!) I not only want to see you on the sideline, but I want to see you get on the field! I’ll pay extra! Just ONE PLAY! We could make this a wildly successful fundraiser!  I think Kim could throw her weight around and make this happen! 

• 1 month later...