Brady On Skipping Voluntary Workouts: "I have a family; kids aren't getting any younger"

Gugny

On 6/7/2019 at 3:03 PM, njbuff said:

As much as we hate him...................

He has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants and we can't really argue it.

Your right !! 

We do hate him , so F@(k  Tom Brady* !!! 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:08 AM, Gugny said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26912495/brady-tom-terrific-hoped-halt-use

The article is about the nickname "controversy," but my biggest takeaway was Brady's comments about missing voluntary workouts.

"I have a family at home, and they get some of my time and energy," Brady said. "My wife is a very ambitious woman, and she travels a lot, so I'm just trying to divide some responsibility at home. She supports me a lot. My family supports me a lot. My kids aren't getting any younger. So just trying to spend the time with them when I can and still get the other things done that I need to get done, and be ready to go when it's time to go."

A couple ways to think about this:

1.  He's earned it.  He obviously doesn't NEED to go to these things.

2.  It's kind of a slap in the face to other players with families.

I'm not one to criticize Brady a hell of a lot.  In this one, however, I do think he comes across like a douche.

Just feed 'em PEDs and HGH, and they'll stay young forever like you do, you cheating bastard.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

He is in his 40's and the best qb of this generation, guy has earned some extra benefits

If, by “benefits”, you mean Jerry and Ed crushing him to the point he decides he went one year too long......I agree!

I want to see the decline we got with Kelly. When it’s done it’s done, and it’s often ugly. By late next year his arm will be in decline....and Zay will still be a Bill! 

?

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

If, by “benefits”, you mean Jerry and Ed crushing him to the point he decides he went one year too long......I agree!

I want to see the decline we got with Kelly. When it’s done it’s done, and it’s often ugly. By late next year his arm will be in decline....and Zay will still be a Bill! 

?

He just wants to make sure Jerry and ed have a clean canvas to bruise. What a considerate guy!

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

?

We will. He’s going to decline like all the others - Peyton, Favre, etc. Tbh he looked like crap in the SB, good thing they could run the ball. He’s the GOAT and has nothing left to prove, but he’s playing on borrowed time. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We will. He’s going to decline like all the others - Peyton, Favre, etc. Tbh he looked like crap in the SB, good thing they could run the ball. He’s the GOAT and has nothing left to prove, but he’s playing on borrowed time. 

The scheme will change. Brady will no longer be the deadly threat, he will be the weak link with the weak arm. We saw that last year. They can scheme around that..........for a while.  But not for too long. 

The article is about the nickname "controversy," but my biggest takeaway was Brady's comments about missing voluntary workouts.

"I have a family at home, and they get some of my time and energy," Brady said. "My wife is a very ambitious woman, and she travels a lot, so I'm just trying to divide some responsibility at home. She supports me a lot. My family supports me a lot. My kids aren't getting any younger. So just trying to spend the time with them when I can and still get the other things done that I need to get done, and be ready to go when it's time to go."

I'm not one to criticize Brady a hell of a lot.  In this one, however, I do think he comes across like a douche.

He has been playing for a long time.  Hes paid his dues.

• Like (+1) 1

2.   Is crap.. His wife travels a ton for her career.  Good for him being a good father.  Like him or not. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:41 AM, dave mcbride said:

Just looked it up - if you include playoff games, Brady is the all-time passing yardage leader, ahead of Manning, Brees, and Favre. He has played in 40 postseason games — 2.5 extra seasons of extremely high intensity games.

they don't count playoff game stats for a reason. Why would you give credence in a comparison for total stats to a guy who has played 2.5 more seasons games than the guys you are comparing him to.?? Too misleading.

only way to properly evaluate in a total stats criteria way is players that played regular season games. Or on flip side compare all players post season games in a per game avg..

Edited by cba fan

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whenever I mention to Pats fans that he was declining last year, they just say sarcastically that he declined so much that he won #6.

He was terrible in that SB.  One TD drive.  They should have been blown out if LA wasn’t overwhelmed by the moment.