Tre'Davious White named third-best corner in NFL

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The bills IMO opinion have the best secondary in the NFL and I don’t think anyone else is close. Youth, competitiveness, skill and depth. Toss in the young LBs and the back 7 of our defense is excellent. If we can get any pass rush, our defense is going to be a handful.

Their CB stable is impressive.  Poyer and Hyde are a solid safety tandem and they could do a lot worse, but they can also do better.  Hopefully some of the younger guys start to make some noise there.

I agree that he's top-3 in the NFL, but I'm actually a bit surprised somebody in the media ranked him there after last year. He was still solid overall, but not as good as his rookie year. Normally, our players need to have a ridiculously good season to get a sniff from national media.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Their CB stable is impressive.  Poyer and Hyde are a solid safety tandem and they could do a lot worse, but they can also do better.  Hopefully some of the younger guys start to make some noise there.

The DB group is special. I made a post about him after week 2 but watch out for Taron Johnson in the slot. Kid jumps off the screen , is extremely physical and very good coverage. He just plays with a ferocious streak and even shined with a bum shoulder. Going to be special

1 hour ago, Doc said:

AND we have true quality depth @ CB & Nickel. Are we in good shape should we lose Hyde/Poyer for an extended time (God forbid)?

7 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Get your pocketbook out...cause hes gonna cost us a pretty penny.

this is where a lot of teams fail in managing their cap.  look at how the pats roster is set up.  they pay the guys that are worth it and move on from guys that aren't.  nobody on their team you would say is overpaid.  too many teams hand out deals making guys the top paid just to keep the guys.  they get similar production out of lesser paid guys.  

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for tre white gif

Tre’Davious White named third-best corner in NFL

In just two NFL seasons, Tre’Davious White has already established himself as one of the NFL’s best. The USA TODAY NFL Wire marked White as the third-best outside cornerback in the NFL. Here’s what Doug Farrar wrote about the LSU product.

Most young cornerbacks find themselves in a vicious learning curve when transitioning from college to the NFL—receivers are better and smarter, route concepts are far more complex, and coverages are more variable. White has proven the exception to the rule. He allowed a 48.1% catch rate and an opponent passer rating of 64.9 in his rookie season of 2017, and given equivalent opportunities in 2018, White showed that he doesn’t know what a sophomore slump looks like—he allowed 30 catches on 52 targets for just 357 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions, and an opponent passer rating of 75.6.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-tre-davious-white-named-third-best-corner-in-nfl

This is great!! Keep working young fella!! What kills me is that they have Stephon Gilmore at 1.

33 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

this is where a lot of teams fail in managing their cap.  look at how the pats roster is set up.  they pay the guys that are worth it and move on from guys that aren't.  nobody on their team you would say is overpaid.  too many teams hand out deals making guys the top paid just to keep the guys.  they get similar production out of lesser paid guys.  

The Patriots have a huge advantage, because Tom Brady gives them a discount at the QB position.

His contract pays him an average of $15 million per year, which ranks 19th in the NFL.

In addition, their offensive system is specifically designed to make the RB and WR positions expendable.

>  Instead of utilizing high-paid outside receivers like Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Julio Jones, the passing game depends on slot receivers and tight ends - which make considerably less money, can be found later in the draft and are more easily interchangeable.

>  Instead of utilizing a single stud running back, they go RBBC and play different guys each week depending on the gameplan.  They aren't locked-down with a huge Todd Gurley, LeVeon Bell type contract, and players (again) are easily replaceable.

And finally, the team's overall success and prominence makes players appear much better (and more attractive in free agency) than they really are.  Don't be surprised when Trent Brown flops outside of New England.  He was an average tackle, who happened to start for a Super Bowl winner.  No way he gets that massive contract if he's leaving a team like Arizona.  Meanwhile, the Patriots reap the benefits by getting a 3rd Round Supplemental for letting a mid-level guy walk.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love our secondary.

people worry about Wallace, and while he is an unknown, the kid has done nothing but succeed over the years. Also, Taron Johnson was a top 5 slot corner before getting hurt. If these guys take another step we will have the best secondary in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Comparing last years qb schedule to this years seems to be very favorable for this secondary. No nfc north qbs that sling it all over. Brady Ben Baker wentz dalton dak Manning. After the first few I’m not scared of the others. Could be a no fly zone 

I am more worried about Darnold than Dalton, Dak or Manning in terms throwing on us. 

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What happened to what’s his face from the saints?

Lattimore? Nothing. He is still really, really good. 

Personally I don't think White is top 3. I think he is top 10. And Lattimore and Marlon Humphrey who were in the same class are right there close to him. Think Lattimore slightly outplayed Tre in year 1 but Tre slightly outplayed Lattimore in year 2. Humphrey wasn't an every down starter as a rookie but was very, very good as a 2nd year player. And that is before we get into some of the other corners in that class later on. Some of us said it at the time but the 2017 draft had an unbelievable class of defensive backs. Those three corners I named above in particular will be the end of their rookie deals be the cream of the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

AND we have true quality depth @ CB & Nickel. Are we in good shape should we lose Hyde/Poyer for an extended time (God forbid)?

I wonder if that happened if their first instinct would be to try EJ Gaines as a free safety. I am not sure with him you have the versatility to play with inter changing safeties as McDermott prefers but I think in Corey Graham style he could transition inside into a FS position pretty well. He has the skillset.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

This is great!! Keep working young fella!! What kills me is that they have Stephon Gilmore at 1.

Could you imagine Gilmore and White paired together? I just hope this FO will pay White so we don't dump another 1st rd pick because he plays like one and warrants a contract. 

17 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Could you imagine Gilmore and White paired together? I just hope this FO will pay White so we don't dump another 1st rd pick because he plays like one and warrants a contract. 

I think they have to pay White. He was the first pick of this regime, they passed on two young QBs who look pretty darn good so far to move back and take him, and he has already played like a borderline elite player. If in that context they are not gonna pay a guy then when would you ever pay a guy? 

• Like (+1) 3

Good to see him get his due.  I really like fuller, but I think the crown is there for the taking without Fangio running that D anymore.  Dude should’ve stayed a DC.  He has his work cut out for him in Denver