Tre'Davious White named third-best corner in NFL

Image result for tre white gif

Tre’Davious White named third-best corner in NFL

In just two NFL seasons, Tre’Davious White has already established himself as one of the NFL’s best. The USA TODAY NFL Wire marked White as the third-best outside cornerback in the NFL. Here’s what Doug Farrar wrote about the LSU product.

Most young cornerbacks find themselves in a vicious learning curve when transitioning from college to the NFL—receivers are better and smarter, route concepts are far more complex, and coverages are more variable. White has proven the exception to the rule. He allowed a 48.1% catch rate and an opponent passer rating of 64.9 in his rookie season of 2017, and given equivalent opportunities in 2018, White showed that he doesn’t know what a sophomore slump looks like—he allowed 30 catches on 52 targets for just 357 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions, and an opponent passer rating of 75.6.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-tre-davious-white-named-third-best-corner-in-nfl

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3

The only two players ahead of White are Chicago’s Kyle Fuller and New England’s Stephon Gillmore. White anchors a secondary that allowed the least passing yards per game last season at 179.2. The group as a whole might be the best in the NFL with safeties Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde plus Levi Wallace opposite White at corner.

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The only two players ahead of White are Chicago’s Kyle Fuller and New England’s Stephon Gillmore. White anchors a secondary that allowed the least passing yards per game last season at 179.2. The group as a whole might be the best in the NFL with safeties Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde plus Levi Wallace opposite White at corner.

I don't know who Gillmore is. But Gilmore is a damn fine corner. 

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Awesome, until contract time. That will be a huge amount of money. 

We have 3 more years before we have to worry about that. Until then just win. 

• Like (+1) 4

Somebody should tell Madden that he's rated 3rd best cuz on Ultimate Team his highest card was a 88 overall all the way til May while 10s of other corners had 95+ overalls...

His card was pretty much useless after the first couple of months Madden released.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

Comparing last years qb schedule to this years seems to be very favorable for this secondary. No nfc north qbs that sling it all over. Brady Ben Baker wentz dalton dak Manning. After the first few I’m not scared of the others. Could be a no fly zone 

Edited by aristocrat

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The bills IMO opinion have the best secondary in the NFL and I don’t think anyone else is close. Youth, competitiveness, skill and depth. Toss in the young LBs and the back 7 of our defense is excellent. If we can get any pass rush, our defense is going to be a handful.

I keep thinking the same thing about the pass rush. Any sort of legit push up front and that secondary is gonna be FILTHY. 

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

There really needs to be a ‘port-o-let’ on the sidelines for just such occasions.

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I keep thinking the same thing about the pass rush. Any sort of legit push up front and that secondary is gonna be FILTHY. 

Sounds like they should also add a shower.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This analysis focuses on pass coverage and the data supports the determination.  If performance in run defense could be factored into this, I believe White would jump ahead of Gilmore.  During his time in Buffalo, Gilmore was not good at all in coming up to play the run.  In fact, he seemed very hesitant to get into the play.  Maybe the injuries early in his career have created this behavior.  Both Fuller and White are very good in run support.

As far as the future cost of a contract, I'm not worried about the Bills being able to retain him.  Clearing cap space last year and the conservative free agent contracts this year set things up to be able to pay their best players.  White is definitely one of the best players and they will pay him.

• Like (+1) 1