Eagles sign Carson Wentz to 4 year, 128 mill extension

31 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

And Garoppolo.

Which makes me wonder if McVay is looking forward to a new QB in next year's draft or does he let Goff play out his rookie contract.

If he truly believed he can make any QB into a Cousins/Goff, he would have taken one in this year's draft to groom and not picked-up Goff's $22M 5th year option for 2020.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:29 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m not sure if the NFL is aware of it or not. When the top 10 QB’s are making over 30+ mil and then you have Tom Terrific making in the low 20’s it should raise some flags. You also have the Patriots paying him who knows how much through his TB12 business. Red flags ? all over the place. 

Well if the NFL might be aware this goes on, why don't the other owners (who are the "NFL") do the same thing?  Why aren't Jerry and Dan doing this under table paying?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well if the NFL might be aware this goes on, why don't the other owners (who are the "NFL") do the same thing?  Why aren't Jerry and Dan doing this under table paying?

I'm sure Jerry and Dan were aware of illegal videotaping and ball deflation...

On 6/6/2019 at 8:24 PM, NewDayBills said:

Don't forget that the Eagles have seen him workout in OTAs and minicamp so they know more than you and I. They've had their hands all over him I'm sure.

Nathan Peterman shined in OTAs... Nuff said

13 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Nathan Peterman shined in OTAs... Nuff said

Well, I'd proclaim that this situation compares more to Andrew Luck than Nathan Peterman. This is about an already established QB returning from a potentially career ending injury. The question is about whether or not Wentz is healthy, which can be observed during workouts, practices, in shorts and OTAs. The Peterman comparison I do not understand. 

Edited by NewDayBills

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Well, I'd proclaim that this situation compares more to Andrew Luck than Nathan Peterman. This is about an already established QB returning from a potentially career ending industry. The question is about whether or not Wentz is healthy, which can be observed during workouts, practices, in shorts and OTAs. The Peterman comparison I do not understand. 

Andrew Luck carried the worst surrounding cast to playoffs every year before... Wentz got injured and the backup won a Super Bowl.

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Andrew Luck carried the worst surrounding cast to playoffs every year before... Wentz got injured and the backup won a Super Bowl.

You ignored everything I said. This isn't about Luck vs Wentz it's about connecting the similarities between the two. Two established QBs returning from injuries which can be monitored during the offseason by trained staff, Peterman fits in this nowhere.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

You ignored everything I said. This isn't about Luck vs Wentz it's about connecting the similarities between the two. Two established QBs returning from injuries which can be monitored during the offseason by trained staff, Peterman fits in this nowhere.

The problem is he isn't established yet...

But whatever doesn't matter the kid got his money now he needs to show it and stay healthy.

Edited by Boca BIlls

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm sure Jerry and Dan were aware of illegal videotaping and ball deflation...

The entire league was aware of the videotaping before NE was busted.  They were alerted by the NFL (with a league-wide cease and desist memo) prior to Mangini pulling the trigger on what was common knowledge.  

On 6/9/2019 at 7:03 AM, Mr. WEO said:

I’m all for the Bills playing this same game. Josh Allen buys a construction company and does the renovation to New Era for 80,000,000. The Bills give Allen a similar contact to Brady and call it a day.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m all for the Bills playing this same game. Josh Allen buys a construction company and does the renovation to New Era for 80,000,000. The Bills give Allen a similar contact to Brady and call it a day.

After his rookie contract of course...

Of course. I would also just like to add that all Allen has in his construction company is a Bobcat and a Jackhammer and only two employees. He will just be renovating one row of seats for 80 mil. It's almost as fair as Kraft buying 50 mil worth of TB12 vitamins.

....and crazy money is about to get crazier........for this guy?..........

Cowboys Rumors: Dak Prescott's Reps Have 'Broached' Contract Worth $34M Per Year

Megan Armstrong   June 13, 2019

Dak Prescott and his representatives are fresh on the trail of Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz's four-year, $128 million contract.

"While that deal could impact the Prescott negotiations with the Cowboys, as the team is analyzing all 60 pages of Wentz new contract, per source, know that Todd France and CAA have broached a deal in the range of $34 million annually, according to someone with knowledge of the talks," wrote Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840985-cowboys-rumors-dak-prescotts-reps-have-broached-contract-worth-34m-per-year

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and crazy money is about to get crazier........for this guy?..........

Cowboys Rumors: Dak Prescott's Reps Have 'Broached' Contract Worth $34M Per Year

Megan Armstrong   June 13, 2019

Dak Prescott and his representatives are fresh on the trail of Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz's four-year, $128 million contract.

"While that deal could impact the Prescott negotiations with the Cowboys, as the team is analyzing all 60 pages of Wentz new contract, per source, know that Todd France and CAA have broached a deal in the range of $34 million annually, according to someone with knowledge of the talks," wrote Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840985-cowboys-rumors-dak-prescotts-reps-have-broached-contract-worth-34m-per-year

Madness.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Madness.

My knee-jerk was to agree.  But Prescott has put together three pretty solid seasons.  This is $2 million more per year than Philly gave Wentz .. and Prescott has started all 16 games in his three years, while Wentz has had two serious injuries.

I can't wait till Josh Allen gets a new contract and some of the clowns in this place melt before my eyes. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My knee-jerk was to agree.  But Prescott has put together three pretty solid seasons.  This is $2 million more per year than Philly gave Wentz .. and Prescott has started all 16 games in his three years, while Wentz has had two serious injuries.

I can't wait till Josh Allen gets a new contract and some of the clowns in this place melt before my eyes. :lol:

The clowns you refer to will never melt away. It's their life mission to state on every Allen topic that the Bills should have drafted Mahomes or Watson a year earlier. Their life moto is: "If only we would have done this instead of doing that." For them it's all about the retrospect and little to do with moving forward.  Their world view is could've and should've. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=movie+on+the+waterfront+i+could+have+been+a+champion+scene+with&&view=detail&mid=58B3830F7C00554B487558B3830F7C00554B4875&&FORM=VRDGAR

Edited by JohnC
add link
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I can't wait till Josh Allen gets a new contract and some of the clowns in this place melt before my eyes. :lol:

...if he matches their stats and then some, he could be the third $50+ million dollar man, prolly after Mayfield and Mahomes.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy