How competitive are you?

In business?  With women?  Sports or games?  I am pretty competitive overall but my blood pressure goes up when it comes to business.  I am the sort of guy who if he won a few million dollars after taxes I would enjoy making my competition squirm as it would be the most fun I could get out of it.  Even without a windfall I spend lots of time figuring out how to get the jump on other people.  I wish sometimes my competitors could know this but when smack talk gets back to me that just lights a fire to try harder.  My biggest regret is not being able to push back harder against them.

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

In business?  With women?  Sports or games?  I am pretty competitive overall but my blood pressure goes up when it comes to business.  I am the sort of guy who if he won a few million dollars after taxes I would enjoy making my competition squirm as it would be the most fun I could get out of it.  Even without a windfall I spend lots of time figuring out how to get the jump on other people.  I wish sometimes my competitors could know this but when smack talk gets back to me that just lights a fire to try harder.  My biggest regret is not being able to push back harder against them.

I'm more into pushing myself to get better. I once played a guy in chess who was so competitive he just wouldn't move. I thought it was going to be a quick friendly game but he was taking twenty minutes a move and I said screw this and quit and he went around bragging to anyone who would listen that he beat me. Like for years! What a *****! 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

A ) Retired
B ) Every answer I posted here was dirty. I'll pass and say I like men. ? 
C ) I am not a sportsman. I played league softball when younger, and that was it. Games? Now there I can be cutthroat, especially pinochle (because I count cards).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A ) Retired
B ) Every answer I posted here was dirty. I'll pass and say I like men. ? 
C ) I am not a sportsman. I played league softball when younger, and that was it. Games? Now there I can be cutthroat, especially pinochle (because I count cards).

My apologies for failing to remember the female members here.  You are free to answer in regards to men.  A number of us are married or are with someone but we can always recount the days of our youth.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I beat my 6 year old 2 out of 3 times in foosball yesterday...pissed about the one loss!

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

My apologies for failing to remember the female members here.  You are free to answer in regards to men.  A number of us are married or are with someone but we can always recount the days of our youth.

You don't have to change anything around for me. I think  @CowgirlsFan  and I are the only women currently actively posting  here (please correct me if I am wrong). While I cannot speak for her, I prefer to tease you all when things are posted that are very male-centric. Makes me laugh (apparently, I am easily amused). I would never expect someone to change their manner of posting for me in any way - well, except for @DC Tom , but I do not think that will happen. ? 

IOW, no apologies are necessary, but thank you for the thought!!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You don't have to change anything around for me. I think  @CowgirlsFan  and I are the only women currently actively posting  here (please correct me if I am wrong). While I cannot speak for her, I prefer to tease you all when things are posted that are very male-centric. Makes me laugh (apparently, I am easily amused). I would never expect someone to change their manner of posting for me in any way - well, except for @DC Tom , but I do not think that will happen. ? 

IOW, no apologies are necessary, but thank you for the thought!!

You're right.  It won't.  

Even though I've never called you an idiot.  But only because you haven't earned or deserved it.  Yet.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Too competitive....I hate losing. When my wife and I first started living together we got into a huge fight because I she beat me in Memory and I got pissed and acted like a jerk.

you'll never beat your wife in memory, she'll remember things you did wrong 20 years ago...

Edited by ricojes
  • Haha (+1) 3

When I played college football I was very competitive. When I was drafted in the 4th round I negotiated a guaranteed salary, made the team and basically coasted for three years until I suffered a torn labia. That ended my playing days but I socked enough dough away and still get royalties on my Ho-Ho and Palmolive commercials I made in the local television markets. 

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I always thought I was super competitive....until I got marrried, then had kids. My kids were crazy intense, and almost always excelled in every sport. They changed the rule in one summer HS hoops league that you could not foul out. I used to go attend those games only to see that one boy didn’t get into a fight. He was NOT intimidated by the older and bigger kids!

As competitive as the kids were, we were leaving a gym on day after a kids game. My wife’s phone rang and we all had to be quiet while she saved some deal. She got off the call and turned to the kids in the back and said “THAT is MY sport!” She’s the reason I can sit here and annoy you people so much of the day. Please don’t hate her for that.....she means well. 

36 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

When I played college football I was very competitive. When I was drafted in the 4th round I negotiated a guaranteed salary, made the team and basically coasted for three years until I suffered a torn labia. That ended my playing days but I socked enough dough away and still get royalties on my Ho-Ho and Palmolive commercials I made in the local television markets. 

Dammit!  I wanted to be drafted by the NFL and coast for a few years.  I was very quick but never played football on a competitive level due to my back.  I don't think that my body could have held to actually playing and when I was at Cornell I was told by a friend that the Ivy's typically play dirty ball because most players lack any real skill.  Who knows how much actual skill I would have had.  I had nightmares about catching a ball as a receiver then running the wrong way because I got knocked senseless.  Anyways, I projected myself to be a third rounder back in the mid-1980's.

Edited by RochesterRob