What would you do if you just received $5,000?

7 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’d put it towards one of the next trips we’ll take. If we were talking 50k, I’d get more creative. On the other hand, as someone already mentioned there’s always hookers & blow....

Talking $50k is a whole new ballgame. We want to re-do the master bath and open the kitchen up to the family room. Don’t believe the HGTV shows when they tell you what stuff costs.....it’s crazy expensive! The $50k would put a dent in that total. 

I’ll stick to travel for $5k and be happy. 

5K would have my old boat fully operational, new trolling motor and sonar/GPS, a cooler full of Budweiser and snacks, fully stocked tackle box and a truck full of gas. And a new Buffalo Bill's hat.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Talking $50k is a whole new ballgame. We want to re-do the master bath and open the kitchen up to the family room. Don’t believe the HGTV shows when they tell you what stuff costs.....it’s crazy expensive! The $50k would put a dent in that total. 

I’ll stick to travel for $5k and be happy. 

Master bathroom redo is definitely like lighting money on fire. We did it about 6-7 years ago. Obviously most of the time it’s a cost you’d never come close to recovering,  but we’re selling our house right now and if we had not had it done, it would stick out like a sore thumb. The rest of the house had been extensively remodeled before we bought it but the master bathroom was just horrible. Like salmon colored tiles and olive colored paint type horrible...

4 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Master bathroom redo is definitely like lighting money on fire. We did it about 6-7 years ago. Obviously most of the time it’s a cost you’d never come close to recovering,  but we’re selling our house right now and if we had not had it done, it would stick out like a sore thumb. The rest of the house had been extensively remodeled before we bought it but the master bathroom was just horrible. Like salmon colored tiles and olive colored paint type horrible...

We recently renovated a perfectly fine Jack and Jill bath. Turned out great, but crazy expensive. About half the cost of doing the master, I’m thinking. I asked my bride why we didn’t just use that money to pay for half of the cost of the master. She stuck with it was a trial run for the contractor. If he did a good job, we’d use him on the big job. 

Truth be told, she’s always had it in for the vanity being 2-3 inches lower in the J&J bath (for kids, which we no longer have). I just throw my hands up and let her write the checks. 

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

We recently renovated a perfectly fine Jack and Jill bath. Turned out great, but crazy expensive. About half the cost of doing the master, I’m thinking. I asked my bride why we didn’t just use that money to pay for half of the cost of the master. She stuck with it was a trial run for the contractor. If he did a good job, we’d use him on the big job. 

Truth be told, she’s always had it in for the vanity being 2-3 inches lower in the J&J bath (for kids, which we no longer have). I just throw my hands up and let her write the checks. 

That’s all you can do sometimes! I know the feeling ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1