What would you do if you just received $5,000?

$5,000 Hammer's Lot Party!  

Or, more likely, more bikes and more weed...stocks (can I get a $5k repeat on TLRY?  Last time it went from like $20 to $220...?).

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I still find it crazy both her and her daughter drowned in the tub.  

I find it crazy how much that ho ate before she died.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

$5,000 cash so this is your net profit.  Lets say you sold an old car or played a little semi high stakes poker and had a good night.

What would you do with it?  

Me, I think I would just play the stock market.  I would view it as a free $5,000...let's get aggressive.  I would consult with a few people I know who are very knowledgeable about the market and then swing for the fences.  In 10 years, I want to be able to buy the Bills.  @Gugny will be Billy Buffalo.  @teef will run Alcohol Concessions.  @ScottLaw will be Randy Quaid from Major League II the Bills fan version.  

I'd spend half on women, gambling and booze the other half I would waste.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Senator said:

I have not kept track - how many cases of Silver Oak will one meadcoin buy? ??

Ohhhhh, Silver Oak! Not to derail, but a quick Silver Oak tale. Went there on a trip to wine country and the wife LOVED the SO Cab. It’s hard to buy anything for her since she gets what she wants when she wants it, so for every possible occasion I’d include a bottle for her (about $100/per for those unaware). On the news one night they said wine doesn’t keep the way it used to. We had a controlled wine closet, but it scared me and I opened one of the many bottles that had accumulated....and it had gone bad! I wanted to cry! ? We declared open season on the Silver Oak....and the only bad bottle was the first bottle! What are the odds? But it sure was fun while it lasted!

Now: back to you regularly scheduled found money thread. I’d probably travel. Experiences are better than things if you have your basic needs met and no big debt worries. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ohhhhh, Silver Oak! Not to derail, but a quick Silver Oak tale. Went there on a trip to wine country and the wife LOVED the SO Cab. It’s hard to buy anything for her since she gets what she wants when she wants it, so for every possible occasion I’d include a bottle for her (about $100/per for those unaware). On the news one night they said wine doesn’t keep the way it used to. We had a controlled wine closet, but it scared me and I opened one of the many bottles that had accumulated....and it had gone bad! I wanted to cry! ? We declared open season on the Silver Oak....and the only bad bottle was the first bottle! What are the odds? But it sure was fun while it lasted!

Now: back to you regularly scheduled found money thread. I’d probably travel. Experiences are better than things if you have your basic needs met and no big debt worries. 

No problems from me - I’ve bought many cases with the intent of cellaring at least a few bottles - it has never worked! ? 

• Haha (+1) 1