What would you do if you just received $5,000?

$5,000 cash so this is your net profit.  Lets say you sold an old car or played a little semi high stakes poker and had a good night.

What would you do with it?  

Me, I think I would just play the stock market.  I would view it as a free $5,000...let's get aggressive.  I would consult with a few people I know who are very knowledgeable about the market and then swing for the fences.  In 10 years, I want to be able to buy the Bills.  @Gugny will be Billy Buffalo.  @teef will run Alcohol Concessions.  @ScottLaw will be Randy Quaid from Major League II the Bills fan version.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought at first you were talking about the one thing you wouldn't do is make the infamous 5K bet against the Bills? :D I think I'd buy some pre-wrapped sausages and bacon, and maybe a fur coat (but not a real fur coat, that's cruel)...oh, wait, that's for the if I had a million dollars thread, never mind. 

Probably would be spent by the missus before I could figure out what I wanted to do with it. 

I could put 5,000 dollars into the house pretty easily without waste such as upgrading windows and pre-buy heating oil for the winter.  If there is a few hundred dollars left the tiller needs some work.  Maybe some mid-season veggies could go in the garden.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would party with people who rhyme with trippers.  

there will be some tripping hippie strippers well equipped and good tippers bringing also nippers and slippers

Edited by Pete

Put 5-10% aside to do something fun.  Pay down my highest-interest debt with the rest.  

One thing I've found, for myself at least, is that with any windfall, putting a little aside for some frivolity makes me feel more positive about using the rest responsibly.