Who Was Better: Bruce Smith or Reggie White

Who Was Better: Reggie White or Bruce Smith?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Better: Reggie White or Bruce Smith?

• Bruce Smith
    • Reggie White

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Well that’s what was reported.  My thinking is that Bruce Smith at 40% health is probably better than whoever was his replacement. 

No way, no how.  If Bruce had an actual full blown case of influenza he would have made the Bills much worse that day had he tried to play.  Influenza isn't something you just shake off, suck it up and go out and play a game of NFL football with.

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

He doesn’t pertain to this question.  I didn’t say who was the best ever.  I said Bruce or Reggie...

And why would you ask that question, if not to ascertain who was the best ever?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Bruce played 19 years not 17. Bruce had only 2 more sacks in 4 more seasons played. I agree that Reggie was the better of the two and the greatest of all time. They are definitely the top 2 though. 

...if I remember correctly, didn't Bruce become even more effective when he dropped some weight?.....thought he was + or - 290 as a rook and trimmed to near 265...probably wrong.....senior moment AGAIN...

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He doesn’t pertain to this question.  I didn’t say who was the best ever.  I said Bruce or Reggie...

lol... move the goal posts much?

now lets go back to your actual post about jones not having the numbers.. the reason he doesn't have near the numbers is because sacks wasn't a stat yet. however they are a stat now because of deacon.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and the reason he doesn't have near the numbers is because sacks wasn't a stat yet. however they are a stat now because of deacon.

...who would certainly be in the conversation of "best ever".....Rams' Fearsome Foursome was dominant+...........

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Get over it...he’s not a choice in this poll

solid response... good talk.

I would have led with that instead of referencing numbers that didn't exist yet.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Um, what?  I wasn't using it as humor.  The poster proposed an arm wrestling match...

Also you should chill.  The world isn't going to calibrate itself to your sensitivity level.

My bad.  I didn’t see that you were responding to the arm wrestling comment.

You’ll read another member’s comment who used Reggie’s death as a joke.  It’s not me being sensitive. It’s making light out of the death of someone

Edited by Phil The Thrill

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

now lets go back to your actual post about jones not having the numbers.. the reason he doesn't have near the numbers is because sacks wasn't a stat yet. however they are a stat now because of deacon.

He seems very sensitive, asks a question which seems to be leading to the GOAT in regards to best pass rusher (otherwise what is the point of this poll), I interject another possible option hoping to add to the conversation, he makes a factually incorrect statement about said player, then shifts the goal posts when called on it. Very strange.....

Also they had someone go back through the old games and total the sacks, deacon had 173.5 in 191 games, which is averaging more sacks per game than Reggie

43 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

That REALLY confused me as they lost to the Jags in 1996. Either you meant 95, or the Pit game went into the 96 calander. Took me a sec

This is the game where Jim Kelly just killed them.  Maybe his worst playoff game.  

I remember he got knocked out and went into the tunnel.  You though he was done but Van Pelt came in and was playing well.  Then Jimbo came back injured returned to the game and sealed their loss.  More tough than brains

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He seems very sensitive, asks a question which seems to be leading to the GOAT in regards to best pass rusher (otherwise what is the point of this poll), I interject another possible option hoping to add to the conversation, he makes a factually incorrect statement about said player, then shifts the goal posts when called on it. Very strange.....

Also they had someone go back through the old games and total the sacks, deacon had 173.5 in 191 games, which is averaging more sacks per game than Reggie

Thats like someone saying “Who was better Michael Jordan or LeBron James?” and someone says “Wilt Chamberlain”

It’s like “ummmm, ok.  But that wasn’t the question - Michael or LeBron?  Bruce or Reggie? Come on, man

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This is the game where Jim Kelly just killed them.  Maybe his worst playoff game.  

I remember he got knocked out and went into the tunnel.  You though he was done but Van Pelt came in and was playing well.  Then Jimbo came back injured returned to the game and sealed their loss.  More tough than brains

Thats like someone saying “Who was better Michael Jordan or LeBron James?” and someone says “Wilt Chamberlain”

It’s like “ummmm, ok.  But that wasn’t the question - Michael or LeBron?  Bruce or Reggie? Come on, man

Michael, Reggie are the correct answers

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

A terribly offensive and disrespectful comment

He has nowhere near the numbers that Bruce or Reggie do

I dont appreciate using someone’s death as humor

Get over your bad self.

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I dont appreciate using someone’s death as humor

Not even the Gary Coleman coffin meme?  Come on.  That was pure gold.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

White had an additional 23.5 sacks in his two seasons in the USFL. He initially chose the USFL for the most obvious reason: they paid him more. 

So you are saying he had professional training before going to NFL raising number of sacks first year in NFL.