Next great American tennis player

My prediction is that Amanda Anisimova is the next big thing. Excellent range of shots, mature attitude and good temperament.

If she doesn't go Capriati on us, expect great things from her.

Now if only the men's side produces a prospect like her, the US will be good in tennis again. 

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The only way for me to honestly judge her talent is if you post a pic (assuming she’s over 18). On behalf of the other 99.87% of the board, thank you in advance. 

She’ll be 18 in August, you sick perverted deviant.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

My prediction is that Amanda Anisimova is the next big thing. Excellent range of shots, mature attitude and good temperament.

If she doesn't go Capriati on us, expect great things from her.

Now if only the men's side produces a prospect like her, the US will be good in tennis again. 

I remember hearing about her during the Aussie Open.  Didn't think she'd be making a run to the semis in a major already, especially on clay.  But hell, the bracket's wide open and there for the taking.  

women's tennis isn't all that

at the Toronto tournament a few years ago the couple next to me asked if the women playing were any good, i told them the current Australian and Wimbledon winner were playing in front of them

they shrugged it off like a fly landed on their hand

2 hours ago, stony said:

I remember hearing about her during the Aussie Open.  Didn't think she'd be making a run to the semis in a major already, especially on clay.  But hell, the bracket's wide open and there for the taking.  

She dismantled Halep the reigning French Open champion today and her March upward continues. I don't follow women's tennis nearly as closely as I do the men's due mostly to the fragmented competition and no strong US players. But AA may change that. 

9 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

She dismantled Halep the reigning French Open champion today and her March upward continues. I don't follow women's tennis nearly as closely as I do the men's due mostly to the fragmented competition and no strong US players. But AA may change that. 

Same here.  The men's game has been so strong for the past 15 years.  A verifiable golden era. 

5 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I expect a mediocre men's tennis player will be the next great American women's tennis player.

that was tried in the 1970s

what happened, extremely rare to have all top 4 men's seeds advance to the semifinal !!!

meanwhile, the women have an 8 and 26 and 2 upstarts, which their side of the bracket is going nowhere fast....

Edited by row_33

3 hours ago, stony said:

Same here.  The men's game has been so strong for the past 15 years.  A verifiable golden era. 

Yes it has been a golden era. I have been watching since 1979 and cant remember such an extended period of top level competition due to the 3 all time greats. No matter who ultimately gets called the GOAT, the other two wont be far behind. Indeed all have said that the others have pushed them to greater heights. Fans like us can just sit back and enjoy the thrills they provide. Consider - its the year 2019 and still they are three of the 4 semi finalists at another Grand Slam. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...