Italian, Kielbasa, Chorizo, Bratwurst, Vienna, blood or...

I do LOVE this place!

I’m a hot Italian sausage guy (hopefully with plenty of fennel), and during my college days in Cincy I learned to appreciate a good Brat. I need a deeper understanding and appreciation for the rest of the options noted! 

• Like (+1) 2

It's like my kids asking me who I love the most. I probably eat bratwurst the most, but it's a close race with kielbasa. I use chorizo more for flavoring in other dishes.....I'm always buying the bulk packs of the Premio sweet and hot Italian sausages from Costco 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

It’s actually amazing to think about the diversity of what is considered sausage.  I could have added to the title bologna, pepperoni, andouille or several others.  To me sausage is essentially the perfect combination of fat and spice.  Both are about flavor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Hungarian sausage 

My mother used to serve us something she called Hungarian goulash. I have NO idea what was in there! Strange little memory burp there.....I’ll need to look that up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Boudin is pretty damn good.  It packs enough flavor that you don't need to serve it with anything else. 

I like the fermented Esan style thai pork and rice sausages quite a bit.

Texas style smoked BBQ sausage is another of my faves.

So many variations and uses for each one.  Hard to pinpoint one favorite.  If I had to, I think I'd say hot Italian sausage.  I've been on a chorizo kick lately, making soft tacos with it.

Friends of mine have made their own sausages (many varieties, including sausage made with venison) and it's been fabulous.