Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DefenseWins

Josh Allen vs Daniel Jones

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, teef said:

maybe, but does it matter?  i was replaying to the poster who was blaming the bills for sammy's lack of production.  it wasn't the bills fault.

 

it's funny.  when watkins was shipped out, the group of fans that understood/agreed with the move tended to do so due to lack of production, attitude and injury history.  when injuries were brought up as a reason, the people who hated losing sammy screamed it was a straw man argument.  now those same people are using injuries as an excuse for a lack of production, (not  you allen).  

 

sammy, for all the talent in the world, just has not lived up to the type of wr that he should be.  he's on his third team, the qb isn't an excuse, and he's still unproductive.  injuries are certainly part of it, but we all know that the best ability is availability.  this season is huge for him.  if he doesn't show more production, we know what his career will be, and it's unimpressive.  no more excuses for the guy.  he has all the talent in the world, and i think he can put up big numbers, but seeing is believing.  

 

 

Perfect. Well said.

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

And on a per game basis, Sammy has been less productive in his two years away from Buffalo than in any of his 3 in Buffalo.

 

Injuries are a major factor and most likely the main factor in his underwhelming career thus far.

 

There’s no denying his talent. And if you were to ask me 7 years ago who’d be the best NFL receiver from that Clemson team between Nuk and Sammy, I would have put my life’s savings on Watkins.

 

Life. It’s a *****.

And I would have had Landry ahead of OBJ. Sometimes things are just crazy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

And on a per game basis, Sammy has been less productive in his two years away from Buffalo than in any of his 3 in Buffalo.

 

Injuries are a major factor and most likely the main factor in his underwhelming career thus far.

 

There’s no denying his talent. And if you were to ask me 7 years ago who’d be the best NFL receiver from that Clemson team between Nuk and Sammy, I would have put my life’s savings on Watkins.

 

Life. It’s a *****.

oh no doubt.  the talent is there.  he certainly could have a big year this year.  i hope he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Mcdermott has been drafting he has done an incredible job!

 

Tre White

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds 

Ed Oliver

 

All first round home runs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, wppete said:

Since Mcdermott has been drafting he has done an incredible job!

 

Tre White

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds 

Ed Oliver

 

All first round home runs!

 

I don't know that I'd characterize the final 3 as "home runs" at this point, but I 100% agree that every pick they've made has "home run potential", which is a far cry from Rex's 2016 draft.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

I don't know that I'd characterize the final 3 as "home runs" at this point, but I 100% agree that every pick they've made has "home run potential", which is a far cry from Rex's 2016 draft.

Ouch. That draft was an abomination as it turned out. Lawson is the only one left and the last chance to squeeze something out of that draft. Although, technically, we can hope that the 4th round pick we got from KC for Ragland and traded to Washington to get back into the third round this year to select Knox pans out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Ouch. That draft was an abomination as it turned out. Lawson is the only one left and the last chance to squeeze something out of that draft. Although, technically, we can hope that the 4th round pick we got from KC for Ragland and traded to Washington to get back into the third round this year to select Knox pans out. 

 

Lawson's 2018 season makes the 2016 draft just slightly better than John Butler's last draft with the Bills :lol:

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Lawson's 2018 season makes the 2016 draft just slightly better than John Butler's last draft with the Bills :lol:

:lol: 

I liked Sammy Morris, but man, that draft was among the worst ever. John Butler, may he RIP, was as good a scout as any in history, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

 

I don't know that I'd characterize the final 3 as "home runs" at this point, but I 100% agree that every pick they've made has "home run potential", which is a far cry from Rex's 2016 draft.

 

look at the first round of that draft. yikes. outside of the top 7 so many misses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 7:08 AM, Jeetz1231 said:

Honest question, how do you feel about the pick now?

 

 

Cautiously optimistic. 

 

He's much further along that I hoped he'd be at this point. I was all for a full season on the bench, but the experience looks like it was good for him. The fear of playing a young QB on a bad team is that you'll "ruin" them, but I think Josh's mental toughness is much too strong for that. I'm obviously not going to bet my house on him becoming a HOFer, but I am very excited for the future of Josh Allen. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 9:20 PM, DefenseWins said:

 

I don't think Bills fans were ever as hating on the JA pick last year compared to the fan reactions of Giants fans to Daniel Jones... Do I feel sorry for them? NO!

But maybe we should be happy that the Giants waited till this year to select a QB....

 

 

Oh yes they were.  I think our JA showed enough in the second half of last year to turn (most) people around. But I'm not forgetting (Jeremy White) the media people (Jeremy White) who hated on that Allen pick (Jeremy White) and said the Bills were stupid for taking (Jeremy White) Allen over Rosen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank goodness the JA draft thread didn't include video of all the crybabies in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, Bill from NYC said:

My biggest meltdown was Donte Whitner. Spiller and McKelvin were close but Whitner was traumatizing.

Like we don't ALL know that.  :D

 

At least Whitner was an NFL player.  Anyone who watched EJ Manuel in college KNEW he wasn't going to be an elite NFL QB and his ceiling was basically "JAG".  You don't spend a top half of the first round pick on JAG players.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, this was me when the trade was announced that Whaley was moving up to the 4th overall spot and picked Watkins in perhaps the most top heavy WR draft in the past 2 decades.. LOL  Sure, I talked myself into it after I calmed down, but let's keep it real, it was perhaps THE DUMBEST MOVE BY A GM in Bills history.

 

 

Tim-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, wppete said:

Since Mcdermott has been drafting he has done an incredible job!

 

Tre White

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds 

Ed Oliver

 

All first round home runs!

 

.....and the flip side is how the 5th round continues to pay dividends.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm glad we drafted one and I'm glad it was Allen and if he sucks I hope we draft another one until we get a franchise guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...