Josh Allen vs Daniel Jones

57 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Ouch. That draft was an abomination as it turned out. Lawson is the only one left and the last chance to squeeze something out of that draft. Although, technically, we can hope that the 4th round pick we got from KC for Ragland and traded to Washington to get back into the third round this year to select Knox pans out. 

Lawson's 2018 season makes the 2016 draft just slightly better than John Butler's last draft with the Bills :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Lawson's 2018 season makes the 2016 draft just slightly better than John Butler's last draft with the Bills :lol:

:lol: 

I liked Sammy Morris, but man, that draft was among the worst ever. John Butler, may he RIP, was as good a scout as any in history, too. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't know that I'd characterize the final 3 as "home runs" at this point, but I 100% agree that every pick they've made has "home run potential", which is a far cry from Rex's 2016 draft.

look at the first round of that draft. yikes. outside of the top 7 so many misses. 

On 6/19/2019 at 7:08 AM, Jeetz1231 said:

Honest question, how do you feel about the pick now?

Cautiously optimistic. 

He's much further along that I hoped he'd be at this point. I was all for a full season on the bench, but the experience looks like it was good for him. The fear of playing a young QB on a bad team is that you'll "ruin" them, but I think Josh's mental toughness is much too strong for that. I'm obviously not going to bet my house on him becoming a HOFer, but I am very excited for the future of Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/5/2019 at 9:20 PM, DefenseWins said:

I don't think Bills fans were ever as hating on the JA pick last year compared to the fan reactions of Giants fans to Daniel Jones... Do I feel sorry for them? NO!

But maybe we should be happy that the Giants waited till this year to select a QB....

Oh yes they were.  I think our JA showed enough in the second half of last year to turn (most) people around. But I'm not forgetting (Jeremy White) the media people (Jeremy White) who hated on that Allen pick (Jeremy White) and said the Bills were stupid for taking (Jeremy White) Allen over Rosen.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, Bill from NYC said:

My biggest meltdown was Donte Whitner. Spiller and McKelvin were close but Whitner was traumatizing.

Like we don't ALL know that.  :D

At least Whitner was an NFL player.  Anyone who watched EJ Manuel in college KNEW he wasn't going to be an elite NFL QB and his ceiling was basically "JAG".  You don't spend a top half of the first round pick on JAG players.

• Like (+1) 1

Ha, this was me when the trade was announced that Whaley was moving up to the 4th overall spot and picked Watkins in perhaps the most top heavy WR draft in the past 2 decades.. LOL  Sure, I talked myself into it after I calmed down, but let's keep it real, it was perhaps THE DUMBEST MOVE BY A GM in Bills history.

Tim-

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, wppete said:

Since Mcdermott has been drafting he has done an incredible job!

Tre White

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds 

Ed Oliver

All first round home runs!

.....and the flip side is how the 5th round continues to pay dividends.......