Josh Allen vs Daniel Jones

Allen is the only pick the Bills have made where I was legitimately pissed off. I was kind of annoyed with the Spiller pick, but told myself he was going to be a great playmaker, so sold myself on it within a day or two. Most picks, I can talk myself into since I don't pay much attention to college football. 

I was so pissed when they drafted Allen. We knew they wanted a QB and I had basically sold myself on all of the QB's except for Allen. I figured Sam would be off the board and thought maybe the pick would be either Baker or Rosen. When Rosen was there at 7 after they traded up, I got my hopes up really high. He was supposed to be the most NFL ready, he's been groomed to be QB for years and years. We just saw a "raw, but crazy gifted" QB turn into nothing in EJ. I wanted a QB that actually looked like a QB, not a project. 

Edited by elroy16

On 6/5/2019 at 8:43 PM, whatdrought said:

I really don’t know anything about Jones, but it seems like Giants fans are just in a complain about anything mood... probably justifiable.

When the pick was announced, the cameras focused on some of the Giants fans. It looked like they saw a ghost! ?

On 6/5/2019 at 9:20 PM, DefenseWins said:

I don't think Bills fans were ever as hating on the JA pick last year compared to the fan reactions of Giants fans to Daniel Jones... Do I feel sorry for them? NO!

But maybe we should be happy that the Giants waited till this year to select a QB....

No one should ever feel sorry for any franchise that has won a SB in it’s history. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

I know...especially when it is us. 

My entire family is comprised of Giants(brothers, Mom, ab step dad) and Jets fans(cousins and uncles)besides myself. When they B word about their team specially the giants fans. I just roll my eyes and just sarcastically tell them how bad I feel for them and all the troubles they’ve endured as Giants fans.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

My entire family is comprised of Giants(brothers, Mom, ab step dad) and Jets fans(cousins and uncles)besides myself. When they B word about their team specially the giants fans. I just roll my eyes and just sarcastically tell them how bad I feel for them and all the troubles they’ve endured as Giants fans.

Geez! how do you manage to survive Sunday get togethers! ?

If Jones was the Giants' guy, there was no sense getting cute.  

That being said, the video was hilarious.  "Oh, NOOOO!  Daniel Jones?!?  That's the quarterback you ****ing take?!?"  Which Hanna Barbera character is he, anyway?

11 hours ago, teef said:

ehhhhh.  i don't think this is the case at all.  sammy has damaged sammy's career.  he's been on two other teams with very high end qbs, and still hasn't produced.  to blame that on the bills is very misplaced.  

Perhaps his series of injuries has played a role in his lack of development/production?  Assigning guilt is easy; proving it can be problematic, especially in a spectator sport.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Allen is the only pick the Bills have made where I was legitimately pissed off. I was kind of annoyed with the Spiller pick, but told myself he was going to be a great playmaker, so sold myself on it within a day or two. Most picks, I can talk myself into since I don't pay much attention to college football. 

I was so pissed when they drafted Allen. We knew they wanted a QB and I had basically sold myself on all of the QB's except for Allen. I figured Sam would be off the board and thought maybe the pick would be either Baker or Rosen. When Rosen was there at 7 after they traded up, I got my hopes up really high. He was supposed to be the most NFL ready, he's been groomed to be QB for years and years. We just saw a "raw, but crazy gifted" QB turn into nothing in EJ. I wanted a QB that actually looked like a QB, not a project. 

Honest question, how do you feel about the pick now?

10 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Perhaps his series of injuries has played a role in his lack of development/production?  Assigning guilt is easy; proving it can be problematic, especially in a spectator sport.

maybe, but does it matter?  i was replaying to the poster who was blaming the bills for sammy's lack of production.  it wasn't the bills fault.

it's funny.  when watkins was shipped out, the group of fans that understood/agreed with the move tended to do so due to lack of production, attitude and injury history.  when injuries were brought up as a reason, the people who hated losing sammy screamed it was a straw man argument.  now those same people are using injuries as an excuse for a lack of production, (not  you allen).  

sammy, for all the talent in the world, just has not lived up to the type of wr that he should be.  he's on his third team, the qb isn't an excuse, and he's still unproductive.  injuries are certainly part of it, but we all know that the best ability is availability.  this season is huge for him.  if he doesn't show more production, we know what his career will be, and it's unimpressive.  no more excuses for the guy.  he has all the talent in the world, and i think he can put up big numbers, but seeing is believing.  

On 6/6/2019 at 6:52 AM, Hatszel said:

The EJ Manual year who were you going to take?   I personally would have traded back again and then take Manual who was the best Quarterback in that draft.  Not that it says much.   

Picks I hated most were Spiller when we had good backs   and  the trade up for a WR in a Strong WR draft for Watkins.    In my Mocks that year I had us trading back and getting Martin G, Benjamin WR and Martavius Bryant    

My real issue with that year was that we had set ourselves up to have to take a quarterback in a draft that had nothing better than mediocre quarterbacks. I think that when all was said, and done, the best quarterback of that draft was Matt Barkley! If we would have negotiated a more reasonable contract with Fitzpatrick, or just bit the bullet, and paid, and played him in 2013, we would have been in a much better position the following year.

2 hours ago, teef said:

maybe, but does it matter?  i was replaying to the poster who was blaming the bills for sammy's lack of production.  it wasn't the bills fault.

it's funny.  when watkins was shipped out, the group of fans that understood/agreed with the move tended to do so due to lack of production, attitude and injury history.  when injuries were brought up as a reason, the people who hated losing sammy screamed it was a straw man argument.  now those same people are using injuries as an excuse for a lack of production, (not  you allen).  

sammy, for all the talent in the world, just has not lived up to the type of wr that he should be.  he's on his third team, the qb isn't an excuse, and he's still unproductive.  injuries are certainly part of it, but we all know that the best ability is availability.  this season is huge for him.  if he doesn't show more production, we know what his career will be, and it's unimpressive.  no more excuses for the guy.  he has all the talent in the world, and i think he can put up big numbers, but seeing is believing.  

And on a per game basis, Sammy has been less productive in his two years away from Buffalo than in any of his 3 in Buffalo.

Injuries are a major factor and most likely the main factor in his underwhelming career thus far.

There’s no denying his talent. And if you were to ask me 7 years ago who’d be the best NFL receiver from that Clemson team between Nuk and Sammy, I would have put my life’s savings on Watkins.

Life. It’s a *****.

2 hours ago, teef said:

Perfect. Well said.

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

And on a per game basis, Sammy has been less productive in his two years away from Buffalo than in any of his 3 in Buffalo.

Injuries are a major factor and most likely the main factor in his underwhelming career thus far.

There’s no denying his talent. And if you were to ask me 7 years ago who’d be the best NFL receiver from that Clemson team between Nuk and Sammy, I would have put my life’s savings on Watkins.

Life. It’s a *****.

And I would have had Landry ahead of OBJ. Sometimes things are just crazy.

37 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Life. It’s a *****.

oh no doubt.  the talent is there.  he certainly could have a big year this year.  i hope he does.

34 minutes ago, wppete said:

Since Mcdermott has been drafting he has done an incredible job!

Tre White

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmunds 

Ed Oliver

All first round home runs!

I don't know that I'd characterize the final 3 as "home runs" at this point, but I 100% agree that every pick they've made has "home run potential", which is a far cry from Rex's 2016 draft.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't know that I'd characterize the final 3 as "home runs" at this point, but I 100% agree that every pick they've made has "home run potential", which is a far cry from Rex's 2016 draft.

Ouch. That draft was an abomination as it turned out. Lawson is the only one left and the last chance to squeeze something out of that draft. Although, technically, we can hope that the 4th round pick we got from KC for Ragland and traded to Washington to get back into the third round this year to select Knox pans out.