Bills WR corps aka The Smurfs

21 hours ago, Logic said:

If you look at who is out on the field right now during OTAs for the Bills (McKenzie, McCloud, Roberts, Easley), it's pretty smurf-y.

Just as long as they score lots of Smurfdowns in this smurfy offense.?

20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

LOL...not to worry!...I'm older than dirt.............

I heard you invented dirt.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did he though? Bills owned the overall W-L against the Fish during that time, and Marino, Clayton, Duper et al were 0-3 against the Bills in the playoffs IIRC :thumbsup:

Bills had the better team for the 3 games, there was a lot of losses on the way to that though

23 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Our wideouts really aren’t all smurfs

Zay has good size for a WR

Foster has good size 

Duke Williams great size

beasley and McKenzie are pretty small but I wouldn’t say our Corp is all smurfs

At one point the Bills' WRs average height was 5'11.

13 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

At one point the Bills' WRs average height was 5'11.

The average height of an NFL receiver is 6’ so they are right there...

again, how many of those smurfs will even make the roster and have sufficient playing time?

Zay is 6’2 with good size

Foster is 6’2

Duke Williams or Sills will make the roster and are 6’5

In a 3 WR package Beasley will probably be the only “smurf” out there 

Foster and Zay will play most of the snaps and they have really good size

Edited by Buffalo716

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

again, how many of those smurfs will even make the roster and have sufficient playing time?

Foster is 6’2

...not sure what rock I've been under, but never knew the Foster kid was 6'2"......

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not sure what rock I've been under, but never knew the Foster kid was 6'2"......

Yep 

he has tons of potential because he can win with 4.3 speed or box out smaller corners and he started to show an ability to high point a back shoulder ball 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yep 

he has tons of potential because he can win with 4.3 speed or box out smaller corners and he started to show an ability to high point a back shoulder ball 

,,,thanks bud...CERTAINLY glad he heeded McCoy's tongue lashing and McDermott's "release and eventual re-sign" wake up calls...probably would have ended up in the AFCE as one of our worst nightmares.....stiff camp competition now should keep him "on his toes".....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

,,,thanks bud...CERTAINLY glad he heeded McCoy's tongue lashing and McDermott's "release and eventual re-sign" wake up calls...probably would have ended up in the AFCE as one of our worst nightmares.....stiff camp competition now should keep him "on his toes".....

He an UDFA heading into year 2.. if he isn’t “on his toes” rn than he won’t last long in the league 

If he keeps grinding like he did after he was cut last year then he can have a victor Cruz type career

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Foster is 6’2

They're both 6'3, but I get your point.

Williams has a chance if he looks impressive and I could easily see Sills being sent to the practice squad to continue his development; I'm not sure either is a lock to be on the opening day roster though.

Of the smaller players, only Victor Bolden Jr. strikes me as being in jeopardy of missing out on a roster spot as things stand.

Roberts made the Pro Bowl as a receiver last season,  Ray-Ray McCloud seems to be coming on based on OTAs, Isaiah McKenzie was productive last season and is arguably the Bills' most explosive receiver,  and then you have Cole Beasley and John Brown.  

I feel like Daboll wants to incorporate more gadget plays into the offense and may have more regard for the smaller, quick receiver, than you may think. 

2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

They're both 6'3, but I get your point.

Williams has a chance if he looks impressive and I could easily see Sills being sent to the practice squad to continue his development; I'm not sure either is a lock to be on the opening day roster though.

Of the smaller players, only Victor Bolden Jr. strikes me as being in jeopardy of missing out on a roster spot as things stand.

Roberts made the Pro Bowl as a receiver last season,  Ray-Ray McCloud seems to be coming on based on OTAs, Isaiah McKenzie was productive last season and is arguably the Bills' most explosive receiver,  and then you have Cole Beasley and John Brown.  

I feel like Daboll wants to incorporate more gadget plays into the offense and may have more regard for the smaller, quick receiver, than you may think. 

Roberts made the pro bowl as a returner.. he won’t be used much as a WR

i forgot about John Brown who is smurfy 

the team is keeping 6-7 WRs max and they definitely are keeping a RZ target ... id guarantee Sills or Duke makes it

Zay

Foster

Beasley

Brown

Sills or Duke 

Roberts(ST)

then it comes down to McKenzie Ray and others

there are some smaller guys but our outside WRs have good size. I don’t mind smaller guys in the slot or some special gadget plays

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

the team is keeping 6-7 WRs max and they definitely are keeping a RZ target ... id guarantee Sills or Duke makes it

Zay

Foster

Beasley

Brown

Sills or Duke 

Roberts(ST)

there are some smaller guys but our outside WRs have good size. I don’t mind smaller guys in the slot or some special gadget plays

...fair to say McKenzie performed whereas Ray-Ray had some hiccups?....if so, is McKenzie the better chance to stick with Ray-Ray to PS?...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...fair to say McKenzie performed whereas Ray-Ray had some hiccups?....if so, is McKenzie the better chance to stick with Ray-Ray to PS?...........

It all comes down to who’s a better player now

mckenzie has talent but gets dinged up every game it seems like. It’s ray ray comes back stronger and faster and looking good give him the spot 

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Zay

Foster

Beasley

Brown

Sills or Duke 

Roberts(ST)

I edited the line about Roberts and changed returner to receiver by mistake, but I mention him because he counts toward the average size. He made the Pro Bowl as a returner and he's likely sticking around because of it. I don't believe you even recalled that Roberts was an addition to the roster, if you forgot about John Brown.

I'm just curious as to who you feel has the best chance at making the opening day roster between Williams and Sills.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It all comes down to who’s a better player now

mckenzie has talent but gets dinged up every game it seems like. It’s ray ray comes back stronger and faster and looking good give him the spot 

...sure will be some difficult talent decisions ahead......STILL surprised Pegula (yup our "clueless owner") did NOT heed the expert advice of TBD pundits and "fire McBeane.....fire McDermott...".....YET.............

Just now, BurpleBull said:

I edited the line about Roberts and changed returner to receiver by mistake, but I mention him because he counts toward the average size. He made the Pro Bowl as a returner and he's likely sticking around because of it. I don't believe you even recalled that Roberts was an addition to the roster, if you forgot about John Brown.

I'm just curious as to who you feel has the best chance at making the opening day roster between Williams and Sills.

I just had a brain fart on brown. It happens Especially after suffeing Almost 10 concussions in my football career 

I assure you I knew Roberts was on the roster but he won’t be seeing much time at WR though is a ST ace

probably Duke because he has pro experience and balled out last year.. sills to PS