Bills WR corps aka The Smurfs

Sean McDermott was just on NFL live on espn and was asked about the new wr corps and he called them the smurfs..... great new nickname in my opinion 

it was just on and I can’t find video of it..... but those were his words, seemed like he was making a joke about it. 

Edited by BoldBully

36 minutes ago, BoldBully said:

Sean McDermott was just on NFL live on espn and was asked about the new wr corps and he called them the smurfs..... great new nickname in my opinion 

it was just on and I can’t find video of it..... but those were his words, seemed like he was making a joke about it. 

Image result for smurfs redskins

Not exactly a new nickname...

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Pretty sure they called the 1980-90’s Redskins WR’s the Smurfs. 

Might be mistaken. 

Well then they stole it from McDermott's vision!

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Our wideouts really aren’t all smurfs

Zay has good size for a WR

Foster has good size 

Duke Williams great size

beasley and McKenzie are pretty small but I wouldn’t say our Corp is all smurfs

If you look at who is out on the field right now during OTAs for the Bills (McKenzie, McCloud, Roberts, Easley), it's pretty smurf-y.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

If you look at who is out on the field right now during OTAs for the Bills (McKenzie, McCloud, Roberts, Easley), it's pretty smurf-y.

If you use those 4 yea but I doubt any of those 4 are our outside 2 or starting slot come September 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you use those 4 yea but I doubt any of those 4 are our outside 2 or starting slot come September 

I agree. But if, in the interview, McDermott was talking about OTAs, then those are the 4 guys currently starting, since Zay and Beasley and Brown are either not there or not on the field.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm fine with the nickname as long as he doesn't try to get cute and refer to the ever reliable Cole Beasley as "Handy" Smurf. That would be taking it too far. I do kinda respect the fact that McD wouldn't even recognize the double entendre. No time for shenanigans.

The oldest guy is Brown, but I'm not seeing "Papa Smurf" in his future.