ET1062

Mike Rodak leaving ESPN

He grew on me over time. I thought he did a fine job.

I’d be embarrassed to drag a guy stepping away. Some of those thread comments are overboard. Twitter is truly a cesspool.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, KzooMike said:

This collusion between Beane and ESPN must stop. I request an independent panel be formed to determine Beanes involvement in the hiring of one Marcell Louis-Jacques for this position. I would like Mr. Rodak subpoenaed immediately and questioned for his involvement. Living closer to family? Is that really the truth Mr. Rodak? Bills nation must protect the integrity of Bills reporting. Attica! Attica!   

Getting rid of Rodentak increases integrity of Bills reporting.

3 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Sad to see Rodak go, I always felt he did youman's work covering the Bills beat for ESPN despite a lot of shade thrown his way for allegedly being a closet Pats fan just because he lived in the greater Boston area.

I mean, on Tim Graham’s show he talks about being a pats fan growing up. I know as a media member they’re supposed to not have any bias but can anyone really turn off their fandom completely? I personally don’t care either way. He’s also mentioned about the hoodies he owned from their earlier super bowl years as well. 

Funny when I first read the announcement I thought it said *Binghamton*, and my first reaction was "oof!" 😛

Similar to when people have super strong opinions about certain announcers, or jerseys, the alleged terribleness of Rodak just kind of went over my head - just seemed like a regular dime a dozen beat writer to me.

My most lasting impression of him will be at training camp last year where after one of the practices he was standing near the stands with a group of reporters who had stopped a player coming off the field.  As the reporters were gathered and recording what the player was saying, a group of 20-somethings in the stands stood there mockingly screaming "Rodak! Rodak!" the whole time.  He just stood there and took it with as much dignity as someone can muster in that scenario.  All I know is that he handled that encounter with class (and the same verbal assault these same guys had given him throughout practice whenever he was in earshot).

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When did we not? Am I right? :w00t:

Well were 9-7 a couple times :D

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Well were 9-7 a couple times :D

But it was a sucky 9-7.

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I mean, on Tim Graham’s show he talks about being a pats fan growing up. I know as a media member they’re supposed to not have any bias but can anyone really turn off their fandom completely? I personally don’t care either way. He’s also mentioned about the hoodies he owned from their earlier super bowl years as well. 

...friends of mine in Bflo say he is one weird dude......nasty, vindictive, caustic, always right and once he has a personal vendetta, he never lets it go...other than that, he's  a pretty nice guy (COUGH)....

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...friends of mine in Bflo say he is one weird dude......nasty, vindictive, caustic, always right and once he has a personal vendetta, he never lets it go...other than that, he's  a pretty nice guy (COUGH)....

Yeah, he seems like that one friend you just ignite an argument just to see how far you can push him 😂

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/6/2019 at 12:14 PM, Rockpile233 said:

He grew on me over time. I thought he did a fine job.

I’d be embarrassed to drag a guy stepping away. Some of those thread comments are overboard. Twitter is truly a cesspool.

A lot of those comments were just plain rude. I don't do twitter. Can't he delete posts, or tweets, or whatever they are called? 

‘Habitual line-stepper’ is a Charlie Murphy/Dave Chappelle reference so I’m guessing this new guy is in his early 30s.

Also, Rodak was a self-admitted troll so good riddance imo.

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

A lot of those comments were just plain rude. I don't do twitter. Can't he delete posts, or tweets, or whatever they are called? 

He can delete his own tweets. If he gets replies to his tweets that he doesn’t like, he can’t delete them but he can block and mute the person who said it. Blocking will prevent the person from replying to his tweets in the future and muting will prevent him  from seeing any of their tweets in the future.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Lost respect for him two years back when he literally said the Bills' season was over before it started...and then the Bills went on to end the drought. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/5/2019 at 1:51 PM, Bray Wyatt said:

ok gtfo, this is his replacement:

Verified account

Carolina Panthers beat writer, @theobserver | @Cronkite_ASU, @VClions | Habitual line stepper | MLouisJacques@charlotteobserver.com | IG: mlouisja

looool

The new guy has three first names. 

Not a good sign.

• Like (+1) 1

18 more days .... 

and about the same # of days before Camp opens 

On 6/6/2019 at 2:41 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

But it was a sucky 9-7.

Yea bad draft pick sucky

Just for the record. See ya Douchey NE butt kisser. 

On 6/6/2019 at 2:41 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

But it was a sucky 9-7.

the only sunlight over 20 frickin years

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

the only sunlight over 20 frickin years

Hence why it sucked. Although when considering other teams suckitude compared to the Bills, if a team made the playoffs, no matter by how slim a margin, it was often seen as proof they were way above the the Bills.