Mike Rodak leaving ESPN

47 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

He had, what most of us would agree with, a dream job. Paid to cover the NFL.

And he quit voluntarily? That doesn’t make much sense to me. 

I'm assuming he wasn't making much with this position , financially at least his wife will rake in much more $$ but ya I'd love to have that job. Man I'd prefer a bunch of posters on here

Panther guy replacing him huh? Seems ol ESPN sees the writing on the wall for the next powerhouse of the east. Have to get someone with Carolina ties in to cover the bills playoff runs the next 10+ years. One can hope right 

Does this guy not know?

His professional career just hit a wall!

He will now spend his time never breaking any stories while writing retread stories after the fact. 

The CO must not have been a good gig or ESPN must pay well bc unless he decides to reinvent the wheel,  all he will be doing is reporting said wheel is round.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

ok gtfo, this is his replacement:

Verified account

Carolina Panthers beat writer, @theobserver | @Cronkite_ASU, @VClions | Habitual line stepper | MLouisJacques@charlotteobserver.com | IG: mlouisja

looool

Another Panthers signing... Damn it!

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm assuming he wasn't making much with this position , financially at least his wife will rake in much more $$ but ya I'd love to have that job. Man I'd prefer a bunch of posters on here

I don't think it really is a great gig. I think it is good in terms of potential exposure for a writer. However, I don't think it does much for them unless they are covering New York, Chicago, LA, Dallas and that's about it. Probably philly too. Those markets will get you a lot of calls. 

Buffalo, not so much. Whoever is covering Cleveland better take advantage of this year lol.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure he has another position lined up. He’s leaving because he’s moving to Bama - his wife’s residency is up at UB and they want  to be closer to family 

Saw that.. seems like a weak excuse tho. 

He cant be from Alabama right? We all convinced ourselves he was a Pats* spy. He gotta be from Mass.

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

What's ESPN?...

ESPN is a dumpster fire of sub par sports reporting.  I can remember when Sportscenter was widely watched and considered a good source of legitimate sports reporting.  They've lost that and haven't been good for quite a while.  It doesn't surprise me that they have a lot of turnover with their employees.  

This collusion between Beane and ESPN must stop. I request an independent panel be formed to determine Beanes involvement in the hiring of one Marcell Louis-Jacques for this position. I would like Mr. Rodak subpoenaed immediately and questioned for his involvement. Living closer to family? Is that really the truth Mr. Rodak? Bills nation must protect the integrity of Bills reporting. Attica! Attica!   

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was just starting to like Rodak. I thought he did a decent job but we held his New England ties against him. Oh well, on to the next one

My exact response.

As he got to know the team/players he got a bit better and seemed to pay a bit more attention. I never really thought he was anti-Bills.  But he was a Pat's* guy and early on he seemed pretty lazy. He got a bit better.

I knew the new reporter would catch s#it here once people heard he previously covered the Panthers.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

ESPN is a dumpster fire of sub par sports reporting.  I can remember when Sportscenter was widely watched and considered a good source of legitimate sports reporting.  They've lost that and haven't been good for quite a while.  It doesn't surprise me that they have a lot of turnover with their employees.  

There's certainly no more Feel Good Edition!

9 hours ago, BuffaloBob said:

Is that some sort of Country music dance fad?

I’m OK with the new guy being a habitual line stepper, providing he is able to keep from grinding his feet into the Pegula’s couch. 

Edited by BillsGuyOutWest
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He's been solid. Best of luck to him.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This new guy better worship everything Allen, McD and BB do or the fans won’t like him.

Yup. 

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1