Mike Rodak leaving ESPN

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Ahh, some of the replies to that tweet are classic.  Overboard, but classic.

I think Rodak grew in his job over the years, but man, was he terrible for the first few.

Some of the tweet responses are brutal.  I never warmed up to him, although he did grow from terrible to mediocre in his team here.  

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I neither like nor dislike him as a reporter. He doesn’t really move the dial. But I’m going to take this as a sign that we are going to the Super Bowl.

For his first several years his stories provided absolutely no insight and it didn't even seem like he was watching the team personally.  I think he started to "get it" more recently but still lacked any real journalistic "spark."  If I read anything of his it was truly by accident.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, eball said:

For his first several years his stories provided absolutely no insight and it didn't even seem like he was watching the team personally.  I think he started to "get it" more recently but still lacked any real journalistic "spark."  If I read anything of his it was truly by accident.

He’s pretty boring. Doesn’t provide any insight at all. That’s why there is nothing to like or hate. I get that’s his job, to report, and not to analyze. Just saying. I don’t remember if he had “hot takes” in the past.

42 minutes ago, MJS said:

Can't blame beat reporters for being negative the past 20 years.

Hopefully we give this new guy something positive to write about.

Opinion writers, yes. Beat reporters, no. Unless they are offering a piece as an op/ed, then it should be devoid of anything other than the facts of the story they are writing/reporting, including positive or negative slants. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s pretty boring. Doesn’t provide any insight at all. That’s why there is nothing to like or hate. I get that’s his job, to report, and not to analyze. Just saying. I don’t remember if he had “hot takes” in the past.

He fell into the trap of thinking it was cool or funny to make fun of everything the organization did.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are some beat writers (like Wawrow) that seem to be insightful and well connected enough that they are generally liked in these parts.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I neither like nor dislike him as a reporter. He doesn’t really move the dial. But I’m going to take this as a sign that we are going to the Super Bowl.

Right. "The Bills are going to be good now? Better replace that guy we exiled there with someone we actually care about."

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We don't need another Marcel.

16 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Dude has a hyphen in his name. I already know how this is gonna go.

marcel.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I had no issue with Rodak.

I do have a poor first impression of anyone who describes themself as a "habitual line stepper"  outta here with that

Is that some sort of Country music dance fad?

12 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

He had, what most of us would agree with, a dream job. Paid to cover the NFL.

And he quit voluntarily? That doesn’t make much sense to me. 

I’m sure he has another position lined up. He’s leaving because he’s moving to Bama - his wife’s residency is up at UB and they want  to be closer to family 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hey , at least we will be Awesome now ! Woohoo!

oh no, we suck again !

When did we not? Am I right? :w00t:

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure he has another position lined up. He’s leaving because he’s moving to Bama - his wife’s residency is up at UB and they want  to be closer to family 

The new 'Bama basketball beat with Nate Oats.

• Like (+1) 1