Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

DJB

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

And then their are people who give credit to Tesla for all of Edisons work.  Tesla is responsible for AC.  Which pretty much is what makes our electrical usage today possible.  You are correct he wasnt really the first he was just the first to create a feasible lightbulb that was efficient and not costly. 

Tesla was the first to light up Buffalo via Niagara Falls if i am correct im my recall.

all because Gunner called a Flashlight a Torch.

18 minutes ago, Paulus said:

This guy has nothing on the 'Cogs.

I don't think he would be a wise trade. Younger is better for the core of the team under McBeane. 

some folks think Bills are in Win Now mode

they are likely in a good Ole Fashioned win each game think. see where that takes them .
No one player will take them over the precipice

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

some folks think Bills are in Win Now mode

they are likely in a good Ole Fashioned win each game think. see where that takes them .
No one player will take them over the precipice

I my mind it depends on what Trent brings and for how long. An Eric Wood type of player is more valuable in my mind. Leadership on the line is yuge!

18 hours ago, DJB said:

Bills FO has made it a priority  to fix and build the line. We have the cap space to make a deal. It's not totally  out of the question that it can't happen

It kinda is.

Just because we have cap space doesn't mean we'll use it. They're going to need it next year when the guys they want to re-sign come due. They've made it real real clear that they aren't going to bring in a lot of high-priced FAs, that they don't want to build the team that way. They want their model to be sustainable for the long-term. Their model is building the core through the draft, filling in holes with low- to medium-priced FAs and re-signing our own FAs. Expect that to continue.

You're right that they've made it a priority to fix and build the line. And they've done so. Done a terrific job of it so far, from the looks.

He's older, he's expensive, we have two guys who can play the position well, and we'd have to give up a relatively high pick in the draft. I think it's really safe to say he's not going to be here.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Nikola Tesla had nothing to do with the light bulb.  He was also an American.

Born in Smiljan, Tesla moved to America at age 26. He was indeed naturalized here, but just saying he was an American leaves out a lot.

arguably the very best LT in the game at the 2nd most important position on team.

seven straight pro bowls. age 31 at start of season.....the exact same age as jerry hughes...who has made none and folks are giddy we signed him

at $14.7 mil for 2 years ....with option of  2 more franchise tag years.

i'd do it in a heart beat up to and including a first rounder

On 6/5/2019 at 2:24 PM, GunnerBill said:

It might be a British thing too. 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:12 PM, GunnerBill said:

It isn't their fault you lot have butchered Shakespeare's language. 

On 6/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, GunnerBill said:

I have no idea what a freaking flashlight is. That is a made up American word that does not exist in English. 

The English language is constantly changing and evolving...some things for the better and some for the worse. I'd argue that we, 'across the pond', earned the right to our own dialect, phrases, and idioms when we gained our independence from your tyrannical king and the 'mighty' British military almost 250 years ago. :beer:

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I don't care who invented what. I just care about the abuse of our beautiful language. 

The English language is not 'beautiful', otherwise it would be one of the 'romance languages'. It has borrowed from several other languages and is an ugly, guttural language like German which, by the way, you blokes would be speaking had we not bailed your arses out of not one but two World Wars. Cheerio! ??

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

The English language is constantly changing and evolving...some things for the better and some for the worse. I'd argue that we, 'across the pond', earned the right to our own dialect, phrases, and idioms when we gained our independence from your tyrannical king and the 'mighty' British military almost 250 years ago. :beer:

The English language is not 'beautiful', otherwise it would be one of the 'romance languages'. It has borrowed from several other languages and is an ugly, guttural language like German which, by the way, you blokes would be speaking had we not bailed your arses out of not one but two World Wars. Cheerio! ??

Well you certainly have my respect for excusing yourselves from the 'rule' of our unelected monarch. I fear we ourselves may never achieve that. But you are wrong about the English language.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well you certainly have my respect for excusing yourselves from the 'rule' of our unelected monarch. I fear we ourselves may never achieve that. But you are wrong about the English language.

We need a synthesis of cockney and redneck. It would be about free-fiddy.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Pete said:

Ever read a history a history book?  Edison is a POS.  Tesla tried to provide free electricity to the world

i was lightly tossing humor and random "facts" about Alvin  and Nikolai

But yes i know plenty enough about both of them.

The Father of direct current and inventor of the Faraday cage.
And Edison and his gang were opportunistic capitalists who wanted to  make AC profitable. both very smart folks with differing agendas and methods.
let history tell the rest of the story

huge fan of Tesla.

the crazy sob  : )
any new news about Trent getting out of Washington ?

On 6/7/2019 at 8:03 AM, ExWNYer said:

The English language is not 'beautiful', otherwise it would be one of the 'romance languages'. It has borrowed from several other languages and is an ugly, guttural language like German which, by the way, you blokes would be speaking had we not bailed your arses out of not one but two World Wars. Cheerio! 

Romance languages are a family of languages that evolved from Vulgar Latin. Has nothing to do with what they sound like, but what their origin is. I believe Romanian is one of the oldest in the group.

Beauty of language is not something that can be measured and is completely subjective. Something that sounds beautiful to our American ears might sound repugnant to someone of another language and culture.

And interestingly, has anyone thought about why the American accent is different from the British one? Well, it's actually because the British accent did not become popular until AFTER America was settled. The first English settlers came over in 1607 and the British accent wasn't popularized until the 1800's.

The American accent is older than the British accent, and in many cases much more phonetic (obviously not always). This is seen in the rhotic vs non-rhotic "R" pronunciation. In fact, Boston and New York accents mimicked that non-rhotic popularity around the same time as Britain.

So you could say that those who speak in the General American accent are probably speaking an older and more pure form of the language than those in the UK. Obviously, though, terminology differs.