Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

DJB

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We differ in opinion.  I believe 24 mill, 2 years for Trent Williams is a good deal.  If he wanted over 12 mill gtd is where I’d start to have a problem. 

We have cash this year.  We can pay him up front and make it so little is owed after this year.  I’m not just thinking about him putting us over the top to win the SB, I’m looking to develop JA.  Having Trent st LT instead of Dawkins would be a huge upgrade and help JA imo.  

Williams disagrees with your opinion.  He's owed that by Washington now.  He is demanding a trade. 

The Bills had made wholesale changes on the O-line.  Why not see how it goes?  Let the Skins pay him 12 mil a year for part of a season to help maintain their continuously mediocre Offense.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He also had four-game suspension without pay for violating the league's Policy & Program for Substance Abuse. Is this medical staff's problem too?

I do not want Bills to bring in any players with such violations unless Jim Overdorf is not involved in contract since he crafted contracts without ability to take back bonuses for such violations.

He was subjected to a suspension due to drug violations. I'm not sure if it was performance enhancing or just drug usage.. That violation is behind him. He was a team captain and one of the most respected players on the team. He's dedicated as a player and team oriented enough to make arrangements for the other lineman to work out with him in Texas in the offseason. 

I'm not arguing for the Bills to pursue him. That wouldn't be the right thing for them to do in their situation. But that doesn't alter the fact that he is one of the top three or four tackles in this league. And despite his prior drug issue he is highly regarded within the locker room and organization as a pillar player. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He was subjected to a suspension due to drug violations. I'm not sure if it was performance enhancing or just drug usage.. That violation is behind him. He was a team captain and one of the most respected players on the team. He's dedicated as a player and team oriented enough to make arrangements for the other lineman to work out with him in Texas in the offseason. 

I'm not arguing for the Bills to pursue him. That wouldn't be the right thing for them to do in their situation. But that doesn't alter the fact that he is one of the top three or four tackles in this league. And despite his prior drug issue he is highly regarded within the locker room and organization as a pillar player. 

My issue is contracts without take backs for violations under control of player.

16 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think given that we invented the light bulb we can call things what we like.

Tesla invented the light bulb. Edison stole the idea.

Its the American way

lol

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Its the American way

lol

Tesla is a benevolent, honorable,  genius.  Edison is a thief with no honor.

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Williams disagrees with your opinion.  He's owed that by Washington now.  He is demanding a trade. 

The Bills had made wholesale changes on the O-line.  Why not see how it goes?  Let the Skins pay him 12 mil a year for part of a season to help maintain their continuously mediocre Offense.

Adding an elite left tackle or “seeing how it goes” with a tackle who has sucked for 1/2 of his career.  I’ll take the sure thing when it comes to Josh Allen’s protection.  We wouldn’t have to wait and see.

Regarding Williams contract demAnds, we have to wait and see. Imo, he’s looking for more gtd money.  That’s all these guys care about.  Especially the guys with injury issues. We have money. Lots.  

On 6/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, JayBaller10 said:

Only unless we can fleece Washington by offering Dawkins and a 2nd.

You’re thinking of a young, 20 something year old elite OT rather than the older, expensive one who now has an injury history. 

EDIT: oops, that was me who made the comment! ?

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Adding an elite left tackle or “seeing how it goes” with a tackle who has sucked for 1/2 of his career.  I’ll take the sure thing when it comes to Josh Allen’s protection.  We wouldn’t have to wait and see.

Regarding Williams contract demAnds, we have to wait and see. Imo, he’s looking for more gtd money.  That’s all these guys care about.  Especially the guys with injury issues. We have money. Lots.  

He's due 24 million.  He wants more than that.  No need to wait and see about that.

I don't consider a guy who's missed 13 games over the past 3 seasons (missed games in each season) a sure thing.  Having "lots of money" doesn't men they should spend over 12 million a year for a short rental on an elite player who spends a lot of time in the shop. Josh Allen's "development" will not be altered by the presence or absence of Trent Williams. 

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wonder what the mindset is at OBD. and the team building process McD really employs. Develop the draft picks and then pay them.
Wonder also how they feel about what they have on the roster for LT. If they feel Dawkins can be the guy long term with better Coaching and much better cast of characters?

I am fine with what they have on the team currently.

20 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Lost in this discussion is one critical fact: we have a Williams deficit on our roster.

For that reason alone, sign him.

When we were kids my buddy did a franchise mode in madden and stocked his team with only Williams. 

Clearly he didn't have enough to do.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

When we were kids my buddy did a franchise mode in madden and stocked his team with only Williams. 

Clearly he didn't have enough to do.

When you were kids?

Our team was stacked with Williams’s 5 years ago lol not like it was 40 hahah

youd still be a kid !

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

When you were kids?

Our team was stacked with Williams’s 5 years ago lol not like it was 40 hahah

youd still be a kid !

Oh this was before that. It was like 04 or around that time. Probably a little later. I think Mario was a rookie.

Mike Williams, the one who busted after missing a year when Maurice Clarett had that lawsuit with the NFL about the age requirement I think was in it.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Oh this was before that. It was like 04 or around that time. Probably a little later. I think Mario was a rookie.

Mike Williams, the one who busted after missing a year when Maurice Clarett had that lawsuit with the NFL about the age requirement I think was in it.

Yea I remember mike Williams , pat Williams and Shaun Williams from that 04 team

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I remember mike Williams , pat Williams and Shaun Williams from that 04 team

Yea but then he actively went out, traded for and signed Williams's. I think QB might be the only spot he never filled.

Lol sorry for hijacking this thread with ridiculous crap.

19 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I wonder what the mindset is at OBD. and the team building process McD really employs. Develop the draft picks and then pay them.
Wonder also how they feel about what they have on the roster for LT. If they feel Dawkins can be the guy long term with better Coaching and much better cast of characters?

I am fine with what they have on the team currently.

Im fine with it too, but I have no problems if we try and upgrade it.  Is Dawkins going to be worth 12-+mill a year in 2 years?  I view a move like signing Trent Williams similar to the rams signing Andrew whitworth.  It’s a move that helped put the rams in the conversation.  Took a couple years to make it to the big game, but they made it.  Trent is younger that whitworth was as well.  Beane and mcd are looking to win this year.  Make no mistakes about it.  Trading a 3rd rd pick Ndoaying a premier LT the going rate is going to kill this team.  It’s going to make them that much better

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea but then he actively went out, traded for and signed Williams's. I think QB might be the only spot he never filled.

Lmao surprised there isn’t a backup QB  with the name Williams 

Edited by Buffalo716

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Its the American way

lol

And then their are people who give credit to Tesla for all of Edisons work.  Tesla is responsible for AC.  Which pretty much is what makes our electrical usage today possible.  You are correct he wasnt really the first he was just the first to create a feasible lightbulb that was efficient and not costly. 

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

SB MVP Doug Williams ?