Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

DJB

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I'd send a third for him. 

Williams - Dawkins - Morse - Spain - Ford 

looks good to me. 

I don't think Spain will be a starter.

If I had to guess I'd go with Dawkins, Long, Morse, Feliciano, Ford

Post-trade: Williams, Long, Morse, Ford, Dawkins...that would be strong if Dawkins held up at RT.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Trent Williams is, without a single shadow of a doubt, elite. The issue is he is 30 and injury prone. But he is a top 4 left tackle in the NFL. He is streets ahead of anyone the Bills currently have. 

No question that he is an elite LT. And his work ethic is exceptional. The problem is that his knees are rickety. They are bone on bone. When his career is concluded he will probably have to deal with life long pain. Although he is well respected in the organization and among his teammates the organization has the leverage over him. When Trent signed his contract he was well/fairly compensated as one of the best tackles in the game. As time goes by the pay scale rises and he slides back compared to lesser players. That's just the nature of the system. 

If the Redskins could have foreseen this possible holdout I'm sure they would have made a more determined effort to keep Ty Neskhe. When he filled in for Trent he did a solid job. 

30 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I don't think Spain will be a starter.

If I had to guess I'd go with Dawkins, Long, Morse, Feliciano, Ford

Post-trade: Williams, Long, Morse, Ford, Dawkins...that would be strong if Dawkins held up at RT.

I disagree.  Help me with your logic?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have no idea what a freaking flashlight is. That is a made up American word that does not exist in English. 

song by Funkadelic

and not about a torch at all

33 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No question that he is an elite LT. And his work ethic is exceptional. The problem is that his knees are rickety. They are bone on bone. When his career is concluded he will probably have to deal with life long pain. Although he is well respected in the organization and among his teammates the organization has the leverage over him. When Trent signed his contract he was well/fairly compensated as one of the best tackles in the game. As time goes by the pay scale rises and he slides back compared to lesser players. That's just the nature of the system. 

If the Redskins could have foreseen this possible holdout I'm sure they would have made a more determined effort to keep Ty Neskhe. When he filled in for Trent he did a solid job. 

and why Ty was reflective of a keen and watchful eye by Bills pro scouts. Beanes made a deal for a solid player

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

correct. injured shiny object.  pass.

check the knees, before passing.

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and why Ty was reflective of a keen and watchful eye by Bills pro scouts. Beanes made a deal for a solid player

Neskhe was a good pickup. He's versatile enough to play every position on the line but center. The Skins wanted to keep him but because of cap issues had to let him go to the market. I'm hoping that the Bills can assemble a solid line with their offseason acquisitions and draft of Cody Ford. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

BS, this is about money.  He sees what guys who "graded" below him signed for after his 2015 deal. 

Guy's heading into his 10th season and his last full season was 6 years ago.  He's trying to walk away form 24 million over the next 2 years.  Unless his next team is fine with him playing for fractions of seasons (at a premium price), how many years does anyone really think this guy has value?

Hard pass.

I think you are exactly right.  This is clearly about the money.  If the skins were to throw some more green in his direction, his problem with the medical staff will evaporate.  He has no leverage during the duration of his contract.  The Bills shouldn't get involved with him.  Injuries and past suspension are enough reasons to stay away.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

man, I don't know.......I think Dawkins could be a tremendous LG.......I'd take Nsekhe at RT over Long at LG.

8 hours ago, DJB said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1136311148775653376

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-redskins-would-be-wise-to-come-to-terms-with-lt-trent-williams

Excellent numbers from PFF ranked #3 over the past 3 years.

Josh blind side would be rock solid

does PFF make any adjustments for injury time- guys who are only available 4 days a year make for great fantasy teams but not good real teams.

13 hours ago, DJB said:

Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

They're not building the team by bringing in high-priced guys, especially older ones.

Williams is good. Not going to be here, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

man, I don't know.......I think Dawkins could be a tremendous LG.......I'd take Nsekhe at RT over Long at LG.

I think Dawkins could easily be very good at LG, but I also feel like the O-line wouldn't be getting the best overall value playing him so close to Williams with the right side lacking in talent in comparison to the left, and the inexperience of Cody Ford; I'd like the talent to be dispersed along the O-line, to start things off in this scenario.

Nsekhe is great depth, but he's not bringing what Dawkins brings as an overall blocker and Spencer Long was pretty good at LG for the Jets; I watched Long in his blocking assignment versus Kyle Williams and he did a pretty good job, and by 'pretty good job', I don't mean 'decent'. He seems to hold up well at the point of attack. 

I don't believe my eyes were deceived, because I listened to a Jets' fan speak on Long's departure, to gauge his value in the fans' eyes, and he pretty much stated that the Jets' O-line production improved when he was moved from the center position---where he struggled---to left guard. 

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

So every player we sign has to be a bargain?  We haven’t broken the bank this offseason.  We’re in position to pay a premier LT

hes often injured but has played in at least 10 games every season.  It’s not like he doesn’t contribute 

No, obviously not.  But he will want at least 12 million a year and you are assuming he will even be available for 10 games a year and at his age and given his history, there's no reason to believe this.

A "contributor" isn't a value at that price.