Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

DJB

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Trent Williams is, without a single shadow of a doubt, elite. The issue is he is 30 and injury prone. But he is a top 4 left tackle in the NFL. He is streets ahead of anyone the Bills currently have. 

Had to look up what "streets ahead" means.

It's one of those sayings that is new enough to not be old, but old enough not to be new.

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

People don't think he's going to be had for a 7th round pick or something, do they?

If you want the Bills to trade for him, fine, but are you ready to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick? Top 5 franchise LTs don't come cheap.

Jason Peters got a low 1, a 4 and a conditional 6.  Peters was 27 and had no injury history.  I don't think Williams is worth that much at 30 with his mileage.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Jason Peters got a low 1, a 4 and a conditional 6.  Peters was 27 and had no injury history.  I don't think Williams is worth that much at 30 with his mileage.

Even if we say a 3rd round pick, it's still a "no" for me.

I’d take him for a 3rd.  He’s dam good and will be valuable for Allen the next 2 years.  We have nsekhe to back him up for when he gets hurt.  We have the cash.  If he can stay healthy it’s a bargain. And huge for our young QB

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d take him for a 3rd.  He’s dam good and will be valuable for Allen the next 2 years.  We have nsekhe to back him up for when he gets hurt.  We have the cash.  If he can stay healthy it’s a bargain. And huge for our young QB

Clearly he can't, so it's not.

If Williams is available, we should be negotiating with Washington today. We could use a player or two designated "elite"  on our roster. Especially if that elite player is an LT.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

If Williams is available, we should be negotiating with Washington today. We could use a player or two designated "elite"  on our roster. Especially if that elite player is an LT.

What if he is only elite for 9 games? 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It isn't their fault you lot have butchered Shakespeare's language. 

Well when Shakespeare was around, my concept of ‘torch’ was much more conversant with his than the flashlight you lot want to bring me!  (To quote Cleese in the ‘penguin on the telly’ sketch, “There!  I’ve run rings round you logically!”)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Well when Shakespeare was around, my concept of ‘torch’ was much more conversant with his than the flashlight you lot want to bring me!  (To quote Cleese in the ‘penguin on the telly’ sketch, “There!  I’ve run rings round you logically!”)

I have no idea what a freaking flashlight is. That is a made up American word that does not exist in English. 

3 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Why is he only available for 9 games?

In fairness 9 was an exaggeration. He has averaged 12 starts per season the last 5 years. 

I am a huge Williams fan. But his health concerns have to play in to any decision to go after him and give up assets. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Clearly he can't, so it's not.

So every player we sign has to be a bargain?  We haven’t broken the bank this offseason.  We’re in position to pay a premier LT

hes often injured but has played in at least 10 games every season.  It’s not like he doesn’t contribute 

Edited by NewEra