Trent Williams demands trade. Bills should bring him in to complete Oline

DJB

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1136311148775653376

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-redskins-would-be-wise-to-come-to-terms-with-lt-trent-williams

Excellent numbers from PFF ranked #3 over the past 3 years.

Josh blind side would be rock solid

Edited by DJB

11 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Only unless we can fleece Washington by offering Dawkins and a 2nd.

That seems high.......older player, highly paid with injury history.  Maybe a second but keep Dawkins.

That said, i do not see Washington trading him.  They have enough O line issues without creating more.

Trent is excellent. Since he has demanded a trade the skins would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder. Maybe throw in a 7th for good measure.

Trent was suspended for substance abuse but I would take the chance anyway. He is better than anyone we have.

Edited by VADC Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

I am really interested to see how this goes... 

On the one hand, this organization is a joke so it could do anything and it wouldn't be a surprise. 

On the other hand, his reasoning for demanding the trade is not something anyone would want brought up- if he is really willing to sit out and not play, they would be stupid to let that hang over them. 

Of all the “insert player that’s expendable because of injury/cap/competition,” players that are about to start popping up over the next few months, this may be one of, if not my favorite. 

The very early and unbacked best offensive line or top 10 offensive line talk in the league would start to show some actual potential. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Washington's medical staff sounds like an absolute joke.

They said Guice's injury last year was no big deal then announced he tore his ACL

They rushed Colt McCoy back and now hes had three surgeries for a broken ankle

and now Trent Williams? I'd fire the medical staff

Most of the medical staff are picked to attend $nyder's parties.

BS, this is about money.  He sees what guys who "graded" below him signed for after his 2015 deal. 

Guy's heading into his 10th season and his last full season was 6 years ago.  He's trying to walk away form 24 million over the next 2 years.  Unless his next team is fine with him playing for fractions of seasons (at a premium price), how many years does anyone really think this guy has value?

Hard pass.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

People don't think he's going to be had for a 7th round pick or something, do they?

If you want the Bills to trade for him, fine, but are you ready to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick? Top 5 franchise LTs don't come cheap.

• Haha (+1) 1

Two years left on his deal. Get him for those two years - we have the cap room. If he is healthy then our OL is significantly better for the next two years. He can mentor Cody Ford w the Okie connection.