Rant:

Why is it that when he starts a thread that's supposed to contain rants, @Joe in Winslow instead crafts the OP to be basically the same as a pet peeve thread?  Does he not understand what a rant is?  A rant is a goddamn tirade, an abusive, long, angry speech of criticism.  But what does he give us?  Some compact complaint about the morons that he works with, as if that's not a direct indictment of him as simply another representative of the same hiring pool.  Double dumbass on him for not only the self-indictment, but also doubling down with an ill-titled thread.  And the results of this ill-titled thread?  Exactly ONE ***** RANT from ONE QUALITY POSTER.  That's it.  The rest of them I could cut and paste into the pet peeves thread, but I won't because they're shitposters.

***** you, Joe.  *****.  You.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Why is it that when he starts a thread that's supposed to contain rants, @Joe in Winslow instead crafts the OP to be basically the same as a pet peeve thread?  Does he not understand what a rant is?  A rant is a goddamn tirade, an abusive, long, angry speech of criticism.  But what does he give us?  Some compact complaint about the morons that he works with, as if that's not a direct indictment of him as simply another representative of the same hiring pool.  Double dumbass on him for not only the self-indictment, but also doubling down with an ill-titled thread.  And the results of this ill-titled thread?  Exactly ONE ***** RANT from ONE QUALITY POSTER.  That's it.  The rest of them I could cut and paste into the pet peeves thread, but I won't because they're shitposters.

***** you, Joe.  *****.  You.

You know what I can't stand? Overly wordy lawyers.

As if there were any other kind. t(-.-)t

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You know what I can't stand? Overly wordy lawyers.

As if there were any other kind. t(-.-)t

Stop confusing me with Rob's House.  I'm not edumacated enough to be a law-yer.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you went too far and can't get in the turn lane, don't be an ass and block traffic in the straight lane with your blinker on.

And don’t be that guy in the turn lane already, who pretends not to see the guy with the blinker on desperately trying to merge into said turn lane; I mean really, is it a matter of life or death if you’re the 4th car in line or the 5th??? Will the mac n cheese taste any better or worse if you eat it 20 seconds after you first could have otherwise???

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you went too far and can't get in the turn lane, don't be an ass and block traffic in the straight lane with your blinker on.

I will be an azz when peolp are running red light up road and the only way turn left onto the road is for that light to stop traffic.  

I will block that ***** -er and wait for traffic to clear in my direction!  The whole ***** -ing lane!

24 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And don’t be that guy in the turn lane already, who pretends not to see the guy with the blinker on desperately trying to merge into said turn lane; I mean really, is it a matter of life or death if you’re the 4th car in line or the 5th??? Will the mac n cheese taste any better or worse if you eat it 20 seconds after you first could have otherwise???

How do you feel about lane closures?  I generally put on my blinker on once I see the "Lane closed ahead" and start trying to merge over.

I see a lot of people who will wait to merge until the last possible second and it causes a bottleneck up front.  I generally won't be as open to letting those people in.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I will be an azz when peolp are running red light up road and the only way turn left onto the road is for that light to stop traffic.  

I will block that ***** -er and wait for traffic to clear in my direction!  The whole ***** -ing lane!

I've blocked the shoulder a few times with people trying to pass.  I remember I pissed off about 10 cars, honking at me like crazy a few years ago.  There was construction happening on an exit.  I was waiting to get off the highway like others.  Then the people behind me decided to start driving on the shoulder to pass everyone.  This caused a major bottleneck up front because you've got the shoulder people trying to merge.

I moved my truck over where it was half on the shoulder, half on the highway.....blocked enough where people couldn't pass on the shoulder.  Now all the people trying to pass behind me were furious.  What was great is the people behind me that didn't get in the shoulder, they all moved up so the people trying to pass on the shoulder couldn't get back over.  They were literally stuck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is definitely a Pet Peeves thread.

OH COME ON! How can someone who's a METS fan possibly be able to differentiate between pet peeves and rants? I mean they root for a team that plays in FLUSHING.

FLUSHING! *kicks dirt at gug*

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

OH COME ON! How can someone who's a METS fan possibly be able to differentiate between pet peeves and rants? I mean they root for a team that plays in FLUSHING.

And everything flushed goes right into Jersey!

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've blocked the shoulder a few times with people trying to pass.  I remember I pissed off about 10 cars, honking at me like crazy a few years ago.  There was construction happening on an exit.  I was waiting to get off the highway like others.  Then the people behind me decided to start driving on the shoulder to pass everyone.  This caused a major bottleneck up front because you've got the shoulder people trying to merge.

I moved my truck over where it was half on the shoulder, half on the highway.....blocked enough where people couldn't pass on the shoulder.  Now all the people trying to pass behind me were furious.  What was great is the people behind me that didn't get in the shoulder, they all moved up so the people trying to pass on the shoulder couldn't get back over.  They were literally stuck.

I have wanted to do this before but just the thought of someone in a real emergency who needed to use the shoulder to get off the exit discourages me from doing so. I'd hate to hold up an ambulance or similar to get a few laughs. 

My biggest driving pet peeve is when the person you are passing in the right lane speeds up while you pass so it takes longer to pass them. 

Just now, McGee Return TD said:

I have wanted to do this before but just the thought of someone in a real emergency who needed to use the shoulder to get off the exit discourages me from doing so. I'd hate to hold up an ambulance or similar to get a few laughs. 

My biggest driving pet peeve is when the person you are passing in the right lane speeds up while you pass so it takes longer to pass them. 

People are just jerks and ruin it for everyone.  I hope I didn't block anyone that had a real emergency.  I just got tired of people causing more traffic.  

Yep...I hate those people too.

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I resent this!  But yeah @Gugny, YOU root for a team in FLUSHING!  ? 

Why do smoke detector batteries only die in the middle of the night?  Thanks a lot, smoke detector.  I don't have a spare 9 volt in the house and all stores are closed.  I know your battery is dead and I can't fix that.  There's really no need to chirp at me all night.  And since you're hard-wired into an electrical source anyway, how the hell are you draining that batter so fast anyway?

• Haha (+1) 1