My biggest fear about the Bills this season is the number of new players.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The moon moves around the Earth and not towards the Earth at any great speeds.  

lmhywsk

On its current course. Take an object of equal or greater value and send it hurtling toward the moon at mind numbing speeds and depending on the trajectory we may get lucky. 

Think of it as an intergalactic game of billiards. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

On its current course. Take an object of equal or greater value and send it hurtling toward the moon at mind numbing speeds and depending on the trajectory we may get lucky. 

Think of it an as intergalactic game of billiards. 

With the moon the size that it is, wouldn't it just basically rip apart or explode?  We'd feel it here for sure and I'd guess we would get moon shrapnel entering our atmosphere...possibly gigantic tsunami's in several places.  

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

My fear is when my junk stops working and I have to takes those pills.

My friend pranked I think his brother on his wedding day.  He crushed up a viagara and put it in his beer.  On the way to the airport in the limo, he said it just went up and wouldn't go down.  He said they had sex and thought it would be over.  But it didn't, it just went back up.  They had sex again...then it went back up after that.  He couldn't do it again...too sore.

So he had to strap down with the brim of his pants as he was walking through the airport.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My friend pranked I think his brother on his wedding day.  He crushed up a viagara and put it in his beer.  On the way to the airport in the limo, he said it just went up and wouldn't go down.  He said they had sex and thought it would be over.  But it didn't, it just went back up.  They had sex again...then it went back up after that.  He couldn't do it again...too sore.

So he had to strap down with the brim of his pants as he was walking through the airport.

wow, I guess that can also be a good prank. Least he got some for an ungodly amount of time. I envy him. lol

15 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

My fear is when my junk stops working and I have to takes those pills.

if that happens, i'll double and triple up on those things, and walk around harassing women.

The biggest concern is really just the Oline gelling and we won't even really know who is playing where for a while. WRs switch in an out and getting timing down with a QB can take a bit, but I think that's minimized with good communication and putting in the time. I'd expect the OL to get their act together sometime around week 5 as far as actually acting like a cohesive unit. Preseason is great, but as we've seen before, we don't always do the best job at picking the right starters.

18 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think if you're looking for them to win this season, you might have the wrong mindset. I think absolute best case we have a 2016-esque season. If this team ends up being good I don't see them ready to really compete until 2021, or year 5 of the rebuild. As of today the only star we have in their prime is White. Hopefully a couple come into that role this year, including Allen, Edmunds and one of Zay or Foster. We also need some of the new faces to flash that potential. If we get several, we could accelerate the close of the rebuild by next year, but I think 2 more years is more realistic.

I think this is correct, except for the wrong reason and the wrong time-frame.  They should be ready to compete against anyone in 2020.

I say wrong reason because it isn't about star players.   QB is the only place McDermott needs a star, and he has Allen.  Allen learned a lot last season and will learn a lot more this season.  He won't be fully developed, but he'll be one of the top 10 QBs by 2020.

One aspect of McD's process is that he trains up a core of players who commit, work hard and lead.  When new guys come on board, they learn the process and the culture and they adapt quickly.  So, yes, there are a lot of new players this season, but they will integrate quickly.   Allen and Morse will lead the offensive linemen, Beasley the receivers, Shady and Gore the running backs.   Hughes and Star on the dline, ALexander and Edmunds at linebacker, Hyde and White in the defensive backfield.   The new players will integrate.  

In 2020 there will be more talent upgrades - another o lineman, another d lineman, another receiver, always another DB.  They will integrate quickly, too.   

The culture is in place to make this team continuously successful. 

Edit:  Obviously, I hadn't read the intergalactic billiards portion of this thread before I wrote this.  Sorry to break everyone's train of thought.   

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think if you're looking for them to win this season, you might have the wrong mindset. I think absolute best case we have a 2016-esque season. If this team ends up being good I don't see them ready to really compete until 2021, or year 5 of the rebuild. As of today the only star we have in their prime is White. Hopefully a couple come into that role this year, including Allen, Edmunds and one of Zay or Foster. We also need some of the new faces to flash that potential. If we get several, we could accelerate the close of the rebuild by next year, but I think 2 more years is more realistic.

I can only pray that Pegula is not as patient as you.

If it doesn't look right at the end of this season, McBeane need to be shown the door.

• Like (+1) 1

Virtually all of the recent successful rebuilds have been predicated on having the right OC and the right QB. I tend to think that if we got those right, the results will come much sooner than 2021!

Granted, Allen has a bit further to go in terms of development than most coming into the league, and the talent level went from awful to "just OK." I still don't believe it's going to take nearly that long if Daboll and Allen are the answer. 

As others have said, forming cohesiveness will be most important with the offensive line. It would be ideal if they can quickly identify the top 5 and proceed accordingly in camp. Other important "relationships" will be between JA and Beasley/Brown/whoever else emerges. So while I don't think they have to come out of the gate swinging, I do expect to see incremental progress throughout the season. Anything less would be a disappointment.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I think this is correct, except for the wrong reason and the wrong time-frame.  They should be ready to compete against anyone in 2020.

I say wrong reason because it isn't about star players.   QB is the only place McDermott needs a star, and he has Allen.  Allen learned a lot last season and will learn a lot more this season.  He won't be fully developed, but he'll be one of the top 10 QBs by 2020.

One aspect of McD's process is that he trains up a core of players who commit, work hard and lead.  When new guys come on board, they learn the process and the culture and they adapt quickly.  So, yes, there are a lot of new players this season, but they will integrate quickly.   Allen and Morse will lead the offensive linemen, Beasley the receivers, Shady and Gore the running backs.   Hughes and Star on the dline, ALexander and Edmunds at linebacker, Hyde and White in the defensive backfield.   The new players will integrate.  

In 2020 there will be more talent upgrades - another o lineman, another d lineman, another receiver, always another DB.  They will integrate quickly, too.   

The culture is in place to make this team continuously successful. 

Edit:  Obviously, I hadn't read the intergalactic billiards portion of this thread before I wrote this.  Sorry to break everyone's train of thought.   

Awesome post my friend!

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

After a 6-10 season, more new players is far from my biggest fear.

^^^^This^^^^

After last season, everyone wanted a total redo on offense, so Beane went out and got a bunch of new faces.

Now, we should be worried about too many new faces?

19 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

A 5 year rebuild is ridiculous.

^^^This^^^

Marv took us from a 2-14 team to 4-12, 7-8, 12-4 and the AFC title game in his 3rd year.

I expect McBeane will achieve the same or better in this, their 3rd season.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The moon moves around the Earth and not towards the Earth at any great speeds.  

lmhywsk

well to be fair. The Moon is actually *moving away from the Earth at about 1.5" a year and seeing as how the universe was made from the Big Bang our destiny is predetermined. The universe is a sphere like a big bubble that keeps growing so if the Moon keeps going it will eventually circle the universe and hit Earth. Bam. Game over.

*EX: Just like flying out of LAX non stop around the world. You are at the same time moving away from LAX and towards LAX at the same time.

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Senator said:

^^^This^^^

Marv took us from a 2-14 team to 4-12, 7-8, 12-4 and the AFC title game in his 3rd year.

I'm sure McD will too if it turns out they've drafted a bunch of HOF players in the past few years.

38 minutes ago, The Senator said:

^^^This^^^

...uh oh...put that kevlar vest on and deepen the foxhole 'cause the usual TBD Trio now have you in their cross hairs with such blatant optimism.......believe you know THEM....:thumbsup:.....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...uh oh...put that kevlar vest on and deepen the foxhole 'cause the usual TBD Trio now have you in their cross hairs with such blatant optimism.......believe you know THEM....:thumbsup:.....

Indeed, but their pessimism will be silenced as we enter the bye week at 5 and 0.

(and we’ll welcome them aboard the bandwagon)

19 and 0 baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!! ???

• Like (+1) 2