What's Your "Go-To" Dish to Cook?

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

When you say your short ribs are a “deal closer,” does that mean that they make the panties drop?

Yes, thats the 3rd date plan.  Come over and I'll cook.  

Once I've lured them into my gingerbread house its game over.  Except for the enduring shame and guilt.  Thats gonna linger.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

I’ll be over for dinner tonight .... Ok if I bring a few TSW friends?

Agree, that absolutely looks delicious. I could go without the asparagus though. Everything else,especially that cut of meat, is mouth watering.

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Try honey on the peanut butter. You can thank me later.  

I was just thinking about this.

I love a good peanut butter and honey sandwich on wheat.  Must be a triple decker though. That way the honey doesn't ooze through the bread.

Edit:  that's not my go-to to cook.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/4/2019 at 1:56 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Thanks, definitely sounds very easy classic to make, which is always nice.

Butter shouldn't be optional though! I refer you to the school of Paula Deen...

Excellent...putting some garlic cloves under the skin while baking is good as well!

• Thank you (+1) 1

pork chops (bone in or out) put in a glazed ceramic “bean pot” and smothered in BBQ sauce before baking at 400 for 45-60 min, usually is great for a no fuss dinner meat also. I imagine other similar cookware would do the trick as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Get some lean bison meat from Publix (packaged in a bag near the butcher). Brown it, drain it and throw on some good store bought marinara sauce. 

I have a spririlizer contraption, and make some “spaghetti” out of zucchini. Put the warm meat sauce over the cool zucchini in a bowl and you have an easy peezy delicious meal. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Get some lean bison meat from Publix (packaged in a bag near the butcher). Brown it, drain it and throw on some good store bought marinara sauce. 

I have a spririlizer contraption, and make some “spaghetti” out of zucchini. Put the warm meat sauce over the cool zucchini in a bowl and you have an easy peezy delicious meal. 

Sounds like dinner at my house.  G/D free!!  I ***** hate zucchini noodles ?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So you both have a vagetti ?

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It’s a learned hatred.......It starts as “interesting”, then the resentment builds. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If looking for a good low carb pasta alternative I highly recommend  the bean pastas from

https://www.explorecuisine.com/ no joke as I'm a type 1 diabetic and find they are best alternative I've found that taste good and keep my sugar more manageable. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I had a peanut butter sandwich tonight if anyone cares

Crunchy? Smooth? No jelly? Bananas? Fried or raw bananas?  Was the bread toasted? White or wheat? 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, snafu said:

I was just thinking about this.

I love a good peanut butter and honey sandwich on wheat.  Must be a triple decker though. That way the honey doesn't ooze through the bread.

Edit:  that's not my go-to to cook.

Yolo tip: put PB on both slices of bread - thin layer on each if you don’t want too much. Then drizzle the honey over the PB, and place the slices together. Voila, no oozing! Can also do this with jelly. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yolo tip: put PB on both slices of bread - thin layer on each if you don’t want too much. Then drizzle the honey over the PB, and place the slices together. Voila, no oozing! Can also do this with jelly. 

What if you made a nice, think PB sandwich and just dipped it in honey, honey?