BN reports Jim Kelly to “collaborate” with Josh Allen and Brian Daboll...Tim Graham shoots it down

33 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I know what Kelly told Allen because he told reporters what they discussed. SMFH. You guys claim to be Bills fans, but yet you don't pay any attention to the news or read.

I know what was said.  I'm also smart enough to know that the actual content of the discussions would never be shared.  Great job taking what was a civil, mature conversation into a bad direction with insults, though.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I take it you haven't spent much time in corporate America.

Almost uniformly, consultants are snake-oil salesmen and a waste of time. And, no, I'm older than you so I've had AMPLE opportunity to learn from process gurus and motivational speakers and the like in ALL kinds of different fields from sales to technology.  And uniformly, they're teachers because they cannot do. You know the old saying, right?

Stick to your wheelhouse, friend...being wrong on football messageboards.

I have spent ample time in "Corporate America", unlike you however.... I never turn down the opportunity to learn. Even if it's to learn what NOT to do. You speak like a close minded imbecile, but leave it to an imbecile to to tell someone stating facts to be wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I take it you haven't spent much time in corporate America.

Almost uniformly, consultants are snake-oil salesmen and a waste of time. And, no, I'm older than you so I've had AMPLE opportunity to learn from process gurus and motivational speakers and the like in ALL kinds of different fields from sales to technology.  And uniformly, they're teachers because they cannot do. You know the old saying, right?

Stick to your wheelhouse, friend...being wrong on football messageboards.

Consultants are BS.  They peanut butter spread basic concepts across multiple industries without taking the time to get into the weeds to learn the nuances of what actually transpires in different market niches.  

I would say the consultant analogy is a bad one though.  This would be more like the retired VP of sales of your company coming back to talk about his experience working the same industry you're presently in, servicing the same accounts etc..

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't see how Jim is any different than Josh learning from Derek Anderson or even Ken Dorsey...except that Jim was actually a good (great really) NFL QB.

well, to some the old guard are nothing but losers, second best. they're also old and some don't want these old guys around their new shiny toy as they feel their second best level may rub off on the kids.

actually, it's nothing more then useless bitching and whining but that happens quite a bit around this joint.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I've already stated my objections. I want THIS team and THIS QB to stand on their own merits. I don't want these old guys to have ANY input at all.

It's time for this city and franchise to move on already.

Let's remove the numbers from the wall of fame while we're at it. I'm glad you have no say so with the organization.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Let's remove the numbers from the wall of fame while we're at it. I'm glad you have no say so with the organization.

This is just so amusing. Did I ask for that? No. Why is reading so hard for you people?

13 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Poor Jim? He'd be a nobody without the Bills. He craves this attention and puts himself in this position time and time again.

He should go mentor the Houston gamblers QB since he's done such a good job. 

No thanks, I wish him well but the dude needs to move on. 

Those who disagree can't see through the facade. 

Wow - one of those Kelly Haters eh?  No worries we all have our own opinions as we should.  I for one respect what he brought to the plate as a player.  He was an arrogant SOB who was brought down to earth by his son's situation and then his own.  Life either tends to mellow the SOB's or really really sharpen them.  Looks like Jim went mellow....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Wow - one of those Kelly Haters eh?  No worries we all have our own opinions as we should.  I for one respect what he brought to the plate as a player.  He was an arrogant SOB who was brought down to earth by his son's situation and then his own.  Life either tends to mellow the SOB's or really really sharpen them.  Looks like Jim went mellow....

He was an amazing player. I cried when he retired, I was 7 though so give me that credit in that my judgment wasn't the greatest.

I knew a lot of people who met him and none had any good to say. Like pass the point where you can say it was just a bad day. 

I went to a game a few years ago and was invited to a post game party behind the Fieldhouse that players and retired players go to. This was right after Jim thankfully beat cancer the first time. He said he could introduce me to him. I told him I appreciate it, but I'd rather not ruin my image of him. I liked him as the figure with the tough resilient spirit that went back to when he was a player.

Well I never met him but as I was walking through I got to see him get out of his car, scream at people rightly walking. Then back out and peel out and almost hit like 5 or 6 people. I saw him on sports center that morning talking about how much he loved the fans. Then I saw him almost run over 5.

People said he changed, but I doubt it. I don't wish anything ill towards him. But he's definitely close to the same guy that he pretends he's not. 

I didn't have to meet him to come away with a bad opinion. 

11 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

C'mon bro, that's being a bit over the top to say the least. Your reference to a long-defunct USFL franchise (since 1985??) proves that. Jim left his health in terms of his back, knees, ankles, heaven knows what else, on the field for this franchise during a time when it was cool to tee off on QB's after the play like rag dolls, and never complained about that (yes I realize he was paid for that, but compared to many of today's NFL players, it was chump change). He's adopted Buffalo as his hometown, unlike most other players who bolt for warmer climes as soon as the last whistle sounds, and oh yeah, has raised incredible amounts of money for charitable causes in the Western NY area...continues to host his camps for kids every year, among so many other contributions to Buffalo, but I digress. The point is, it's unfair of you to take potshots at one of the few greats from our franchise past who's actually worth the ink to say that about. I know you're better than this. Prove me right.  

No I appreciate his charitable efforts and as I said I loved him as a player as kid.

I've just heard too many stories and seen him firsthand and was left underwhelmed. 

Like I said in my previous post, I didn't want to meet him because of the status I held him in. My dad who met him and said he was an ass still loves him. I'm just not as forgiving at this point. Maybe I'll mature to that point.

He's loved every QB, said he'd work with all of them. At this point, it hasn't worked. So I appreciate and recognize the great time he put in. And he's tough as hell. Physically and spiritually, with all he has gone through.

I just don't know if he has much to offer as a mentor.

14 hours ago, Doc said:

I don't see how Jim is any different than Josh learning from Derek Anderson or even Ken Dorsey...except that Jim was actually a good (great really) NFL QB.

I always worry about too many chefs in the kitchen when it comes to developing a young QB.  That's what concerns me about him working with Palmer in the offseason and now two QB coaches in two years (not McBeane's fault).  At least there hasn't been a system change with Daboll.  I'm not really worried about Jimbo though as I see him as offering more general advice on being a starting QB in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I always worry about too many chefs in the kitchen when it comes to developing a young QB.  That's what concerns me about him working with Palmer in the offseason and now two QB coaches in two years (not McBeane's fault).  At least there hasn't been a system change with Daboll.  I'm not really worried about Jimbo though as I see him as offering more general advice on being a starting QB in Buffalo.

Yes! Dude prepare yourself for the angry old guy brigade to come after you.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No I appreciate his charitable efforts and as I said I loved him as a player as kid.

I've just heard too many stories and seen him firsthand and was left underwhelmed. 

Like I said in my previous post, I didn't want to meet him because of the status I held him in. My dad who met him and said he was an ass still loves him. I'm just not as forgiving at this point. Maybe I'll mature to that point.

He's loved every QB, said he'd work with all of them. At this point, it hasn't worked. So I appreciate and recognize the great time he put in. And he's tough as hell. Physically and spiritually, with all he has gone through.

I just don't know if he has much to offer as a mentor.

Fair enough ODB. And I can certainly relate to the status I've held him in since I was a kid. He just seems to walk the walk unlike a lot of other sports celebs, and I've always admired that given what he's gone through personally after football. 

Myself personally, just as much can be learned from failure as success in many instances and throughout history we learn valuable lessons that should never be forgotten. Allot can be learned from 4 straight Superbowl losses in my humble opinion. 

If J K can give J A a few good pointers on what it took to go to 4 straight Superbowls,  Allen is going to find a way to win.

One Buffalo strong... 

Edited by Figster