BN reports Jim Kelly to “collaborate” with Josh Allen and Brian Daboll...Tim Graham shoots it down

On 6/4/2019 at 8:19 PM, Ol Dirty B said:

He was an amazing player. I cried when he retired, I was 7 though so give me that credit in that my judgment wasn't the greatest.

I knew a lot of people who met him and none had any good to say. Like pass the point where you can say it was just a bad day. 

I went to a game a few years ago and was invited to a post game party behind the Fieldhouse that players and retired players go to. This was right after Jim thankfully beat cancer the first time. He said he could introduce me to him. I told him I appreciate it, but I'd rather not ruin my image of him. I liked him as the figure with the tough resilient spirit that went back to when he was a player.

Well I never met him but as I was walking through I got to see him get out of his car, scream at people rightly walking. Then back out and peel out and almost hit like 5 or 6 people. I saw him on sports center that morning talking about how much he loved the fans. Then I saw him almost run over 5.

People said he changed, but I doubt it. I don't wish anything ill towards him. But he's definitely close to the same guy that he pretends he's not. 

I didn't have to meet him to come away with a bad opinion. 

Wow. looks like my opinion was way off base.  Thanks for sharing.  Sounds like he hasn't changed a bit.  I once did the autograph thing with him - NOT a pleasant experience.  Did manage to attend one of the parties he threw after a win at home.  Was a wild time and he really did mesh with the players.  I was out of sight and out of mind but did have some cool conversations with Reed and Talley and a passing conversation with Thurman.  Those were the days.

Sad it seems he is a bitter angry guy when the spotlight isn't on and a different guy when the spotlight is on.  Oh well - his loss in life.....