BN reports Jim Kelly to “collaborate” with Josh Allen and Brian Daboll...Tim Graham shoots it down

32 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned that Jim was a great QB.

This isn't about trivializing his accomplishments. It's about having the franchise not mess with the current occupant of the position.

Sorry but no. No. No, and no. They are not trying to mess with the current occupant. The fact that you fail to see the value in educating someone in your own mistakes beyond the standpoint of athletic ability is......well....astounding to me. Being able to apply what you learn in others mistakes is a key value in LIFE not just football and if JA can take what JK has to say for what it is (a point of view from someone who has played the position), there are no downsides..... period. He's not telling his how to run the offense, he's not even telling him how to do anything. He's telling him...this is where i made my mistakes, where i messed up and if you can apply that to what your doing today, great.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigPappy said:

Sorry but no. No. No, and no. They are not trying to mess with the current occupant. The fact that you fail to see the value in educating someone in your own mistakes beyond the standpoint of athletic ability is......well....astounding to me. Being able to apply what you learn in others mistakes is a key value in LIFE not just football and if JA can take what JK has to say for what it is (a point of view from someone who has played the position), there are no downsides..... period. He's not telling his how to run the offense, he's not even telling him how to do anything. He's telling him...this is where i made my mistakes, where i messed up and if you can apply that to what your doing today, great.

Let me ask you a question: are you over 50?

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Let me ask you a question: are you over 50?

get over yourself. you look like a little spoiled brat that's not getting his way here. 

of course, that was putting it mildly as you are not worth the point I'd get if I were able to say how I really felt.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

LOL!! not sure why it matters but no i am not over 50. I am 44... again, not that it matters.

Because that sounds like the words of someone who's worried about losing relevance, that's why.

Forced advice is bad advice.

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

get over yourself. you look like a little spoiled brat that's not getting his way here. 

of course, that was putting it mildly as you are not worth the point I'd get if I were able to say how I really felt.

Settle down, pops. I wouldn't want you having a stroke over this.

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Points. If you have a D which is finally competent enough to contain/pressure/make TB12's life difficult, then you need to maximize your offense's opportunities/number of chances to make plays, which by definition, if you have more plays to run, should result in more points, which you need a lot of usually to beat the Pats. 

During a big game I'm leaning towards eating up clock and keeping his ass on the sidelines, both giant Superbowl victories over the Pats where low scoring, Seattle's (should have one) wasn't all that high, both utilized time of possesion, ran the ball, high percentage plays, move the chains, get after Brady with a 4 man rush. 

The Eagles ended up in a shootout but even with a top notch defense Brady put up big numbers, now they did win but they did have a far superior roster.

Atlanta got a lead but couldn't run it and eat up clock and kept giving the ball back to the man ..just saying my vote is keeping his ass on the sidelines. 

I grew up watching the early 90s squad, I'm glad they support the team but some seem like theyre high school All-stars that hangs around to coach so he never has to leave his high school glory days. Not to mention that they got they're asses handed to them repeatedly with the no huddle when it mattered most.

Edited by Pirate Angel

19 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

How do you know what Kelly is telling Allen?

How do you know Allen even cares about what Kelly has to say?

Isn't this why Beane and McDermott acquired/retained Barkley?  For veteran presence?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Isn't this why Beane and McDermott acquired/retained Barkley?  For veteran presence?

To get a decent playing backup, not quite the same thing imho, although anything Barkley can offer is of course extra gravy too. 

In terms of does Allen care—it’s a rhetorical question, but all signs point to he welcomes being around Kelly, per his own statements plus visits to hang out at the house, which certainly the Bills wouldn’t force on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

To get a decent playing backup, not quite the same thing imho, although anything Barkley can offer is of course extra gravy too. 

In terms of does Allen care—it’s a rhetorical question, but all signs point to he welcomes being around Kelly, per his own statements plus visits to hang out at the house, which certainly the Bills wouldn’t force on him. 

I don't believe the Bills are forcing any of this.

I do, however, worry that Kelly is initiating this and that neither the organization, nor Josh Allen, feels that they can say no.  Again ... it's a worry ... not necessarily what I think is happening.

But I can definitely see it going down that way.  To me, that's cause for concern.

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't believe the Bills are forcing any of this.

I do, however, worry that Kelly is initiating this and that neither the organization, nor Josh Allen, feels that they can say no.  Again ... it's a worry ... not necessarily what I think is happening.

But I can definitely see it going down that way.  To me, that's cause for concern.

I can understand your concern Gu

On the other hand though Josh Allen is a very intelligent individual.  I think at the end of the day Allen is going to make his own mind up on what works for him and what doesn't in my humble opinion.

I also think what Kelly has to offer might prove beneficial in many instances IMO. Much like a veteran QB like Anderson, despite being away from the game for so long.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because that sounds like the words of someone who's worried about losing relevance, that's why.

Forced advice is bad advice.

Settle down, pops. I wouldn't want you having a stroke over this.

Forced advice? are you a moron? He was invited to come and speak to them. That is not forced advice. Can i ask how old you are? You must be under the age of 30 because you sound like one of those whinny millennial morons.

51 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I know what Kelly told Allen because he told reporters what they discussed. SMFH. You guys claim to be Bills fans, but yet you don't pay any attention to the news or read.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I agree with you and it makes me wonder if there has been overtures that Kelly just wasn’t interested in.  Coaching is a grueling job that doesn’t really pay well comparatively.  

Kelly is set for life, involved in a number of charities and organizations, loves outdoor sports, and has been trying to focus on his family over the past 2 decades. 

I think he loves the game but I just can’t see him sacrificing all of that just to coach.

There has been the health issues.

I am sure it probably works best for all parties as a flexible, open door, arrangement.

5 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Forced advice? are you a moron?

Invited by WHOM?

Josh?

Do you know?

You know what I hate at work? When the boss brings a consultant in for a daylong presentation on how to do my job, when I don't really need the advice. That's what this is, unless Josh asked for it. Then it's a different animal altogether.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Invited by WHOM?

Josh?

Do you know?

You know what I hate at work? When the boss brings a consultant in for a daylong presentation on how to do my job, when I don't really need the advice. That's what this is, unless Josh asked for it. Then it's a different animal altogether.

He was invited by Josh and Daball per Daball and JK. I noticed you completely ignored the age question, probably because I'm right. And if your boss brought in a consultant for a day long presentation on how to do your job it's probably because he wants you to learn how to actually do the job correctly. Never mind the fact that you apparently are threatened by the idea of someone showing you a better way of doing things when it comes to your job (a millennial trait). Some of us actually appreciate it when others have good ideas and welcome them, especially if it helps us be better or more efficient and our job. It's called L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G.

• Like (+1) 2

Jim learned concepts of the run and shoot and KGun directly from the inventors -- Mouse Davis, the co-inventor June Jones and the refiner (Ted Marchibroda).  If Daboll had this kind of foundational knowledge at his disposal and didn't use it, I would question why not.   It's like having Watson from Alexander Graham Bell's lab in your neighborhood and not using him.  Josh has an intellect and athleticism that maybe even surpasses Jim's -- why not give some of these concepts a shot?

Its a nice click-bait story -- but its not really news...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

He was invited by Josh and Daball per Daball and JK. I noticed you completely ignored the age question, probably because I'm right. And if your boss brought in a consultant for a day long presentation on how to do your job it's probably because he wants you to learn how to actually do the job correctly. Never mind the fact that you apparently are threatened by the idea of someone showing you a better way of doing things when it comes to your job (a millennial trait). Some of us actually appreciate it when others have good ideas and welcome them, especially if it helps us be better or more efficient and our job. It's called L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G.

I take it you haven't spent much time in corporate America.

Almost uniformly, consultants are snake-oil salesmen and a waste of time. And, no, I'm older than you so I've had AMPLE opportunity to learn from process gurus and motivational speakers and the like in ALL kinds of different fields from sales to technology.  And uniformly, they're teachers because they cannot do. You know the old saying, right?

Stick to your wheelhouse, friend...being wrong on football messageboards.