BN reports Jim Kelly to “collaborate” with Josh Allen and Brian Daboll...Tim Graham shoots it down

I’m sure the Bills support Kelly’s charities and treat him well when he comes around.  In turn, I’ll bet he makes himself available to the Bills for rubbing elbows with the right people and some PR stuff.  That’s a fair deal for both sides and it keeps their businesses separate, which is best for everyone. 

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No. Please no. Just NO.

Ugh.

poor fella

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Poor Jim? He'd be a nobody without the Bills. He craves this attention and puts himself in this position time and time again.

He should go mentor the Houston gamblers QB since he's done such a good job. 

No thanks, I wish him well but the dude needs to move on. 

Those who disagree can't see through the facade. 

take a hike.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Like what?  A HOF Qb talking to a young QB, offering advice to him? What exactly is the downside?

BAGGAGE.

People like you, people like DaBillzwhatever1973, people like vorpma IDOLIZE Kelly to the point where they're blind to his obvious weaknesses. And that idolization carries some really awful expectations, like somehow Jim's gonna lay hands on the kid and turn him into something THEY want Josh to be. Let the kid be himself. Let him grow into the role himself. Don't put an unnecessary albatross around his neck.

Jim was a great QB. It's time, though, that he faded off into the sunset. He's had his day. Let this guy have his.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Poor Jim? He'd be a nobody without the Bills. He craves this attention and puts himself in this position time and time again.

I'm not sure what facade I can't see through, but I suppose that's the nature of a facade. 

If he's welcomed at the facility, and JA enjoys the interaction, what's the beef?  He's a HOF qb, with experience in 4 SB, with a background that includes youthful arrogance, maturation as football player, some very unfortunate personal family health issues, reaching the (near pinnacle) of the NFL and experience with media/pressure/fans/football that few possess. 

If JA is the qb we hope he can become, time with JK will do him no harm. Personally, I'd think his feedback on things he might have done differently as a player is where the benefit lies.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

BAGGAGE.

People like you, people like DaBillzwhatever1973, people like vorpma IDOLIZE Kelly to the point where they're blind to his obvious weaknesses. And that idolization carries some really awful expectations, like somehow Jim's gonna lay hands on the kid and turn him into something THEY want Josh to be. Let the kid be himself. Let him grow into the role himself. Don't put an unnecessary albatross around his neck.

Jim was a great QB. It's time, though, that he faded off into the sunset. He's had his day. Let this guy have his.

What utter , complete nonsense.  What drivel.  What utter crap.  Kelly is not an albatross, and no one here is idolizing him nor are blind to the fact that his team lost 4 Super Bowls. And no one here has any delusions that Kelly is somehow telling Allen how to run the offense or whatever.  

What Kelly is, is a HOF QB that can share his experiences with a young QB who all hope will become the next great QB of the Bills, and that will lead them to a Lombardi.  If you don't think he might be able to pick up a few things from Kelly about leadership, team dynamics, hell even how hosting parties at his house might help with team unity then you are either completely ignorant about such matters or are being willfully dumb.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

What utter , complete nonsense.  What drivel.  What utter crap.  Kelly is not an albatross, and no one here is idolizing him nor are blind to the fact that his team lost 4 Super Bowls. And no one here has any delusions that Kelly is somehow telling Allen how to run the offense or whatever.  

What Kelly is, is a HOF QB that can share his experiences with a young QB who all hope will become the next great QB of the Bills, and that will lead them to a Lombardi.  If you don't think he might be able to pick up a few things from Kelly about leadership, team dynamics, hell even how hosting parties at his house might help with team unity then you are either completely ignorant about such matters or are being willfully dumb.

Your inner fanboy is showing here. Name me ONE other NFL team that operates like this. Think Steve Grogan  came and held young Tom Brady's hand? Think Joe Namath is out there sharing sage advice with Darnold? How about Marino with Rosen?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Your inner fanboy is showing here. Name me ONE other NFL team that operates like this. Think Steve Grogan  came and held young Tom Brady's hand? Think Joe Namath is out there sharing sage advice with Darnold? How about Marino with Rosen?

As if you have any damn clue about what these teams did or did not do. 

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

C'mon bro, that's being a bit over the top to say the least. Your reference to a long-defunct USFL franchise (since 1985??) proves that. Jim left his health in terms of his back, knees, ankles, heaven knows what else, on the field for this franchise during a time when it was cool to tee off on QB's after the play like rag dolls, and never complained about that (yes I realize he was paid for that, but compared to many of today's NFL players, it was chump change). He's adopted Buffalo as his hometown, unlike most other players who bolt for warmer climes as soon as the last whistle sounds, and oh yeah, has raised incredible amounts of money for charitable causes in the Western NY area...continues to host his camps for kids every year, among so many other contributions to Buffalo, but I digress. The point is, it's unfair of you to take potshots at one of the few greats from our franchise past who's actually worth the ink to say that about. I know you're better than this. Prove me right.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

People here are so willfully and utterly BLIND to reality, it's really quite laughable.

You are, to put it mildly, a moron.  Kelly has been there and done that.  Do I think he should have input on the actual offensive plans, etc.?  No.  Do I think as a guy who played years in the league he can offer some perspective on the expectations of a QB in Buffalo,  in terms of interacting with the community, teammates, etc.  The answer to that is an obvious yes, and you're just being ignorant if you think the opposite.  That is reality.  You live in some delusional world if you think the opposite.

What is YOUR reality here.  Do you actually think having a HOF QB offer a kid some advice is some how hurting him?  How? 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

What is YOUR reality here.  Do you actually think having a HOF QB offer a kid some advice is some how hurting him?  How? 

I've already stated my objections. I want THIS team and THIS QB to stand on their own merits. I don't want these old guys to have ANY input at all.

It's time for this city and franchise to move on already.

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Denver, John Elway. And he gets paid for it. :P

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I've already stated my objections. I want THIS team and THIS QB to stand on their own merits. I don't want these old guys to have ANY input at all.

Again, pure drivel.  Your propensity for over-reaction is mind boggling.

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Denver, John Elway. And he gets paid for it. 

He's a GM. Not a former player who hangs around the facility.

NOT the same thing.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Again, pure drivel.  Your propensity for over-reaction is mind boggling.

Your opinion is worthless to me, honestly. Sorry.

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I respect your opinion, even if I wholeheartedly disagree with the premise that a knowledge of history is bad for the present. Let that be a lesson to several other posters on this thread, lol. 

• Like (+1) 1