BN reports Jim Kelly to “collaborate” with Josh Allen and Brian Daboll...Tim Graham shoots it down

Hilarious jabs getting thrown on Twitter today.  Vic Carucci wrote an article suggesting Jim Kelly was close to having some sort of an official role with the team (he says its too early to call him Coach Kelly)

17 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Hilarious jabs getting thrown on Twitter today.  Vic Carucci wrote an article alluding to Jim Kelly close to having some sort of an official role with the team (he says its took early to call him Coach Kelly)

This prompted Tim Graham who has thrown shade toward Vic on Twitter before, to shoot down the rumors:

Coach Sal even got in on it:

Edited by Phil The Thrill

Poor Jim... 

Always gets roped back into the Bills QB hype each time we get a new guy, only to leave disappointed yet again.

But at the same time, it's crazy he hadn't been given an official role for the team years ago. As much as he comes up in Bills news the past couple decades, he might as well have an official title & paycheck to go along with it.

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Poor Jim... 

Always gets roped back into the Bills QB hype each time we get a new guy, only to leave disappointed yet again.

But at the same time, it's crazy he hadn't been given an official role for the team years ago. As much as he comes up in Bills news the past couple decades, he might as well have an official title & paycheck to go along with it.

I agree with you and it makes me wonder if there has been overtures that Kelly just wasn’t interested in.  Coaching is a grueling job that doesn’t really pay well comparatively.  

Kelly is set for life, involved in a number of charities and organizations, loves outdoor sports, and has been trying to focus on his family over the past 2 decades. 

I think he loves the game but I just can’t see him sacrificing all of that just to coach.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I agree with you and it makes me wonder if there has been overtures that Kelly just wasn’t interested in.  Coaching is a grueling job that doesn’t really pay well comparatively.  

Kelly is set for life, involved in a number of charities and organizations, loves outdoor sports, and has been trying to focus on his family over the past 2 decades. 

I think he loves the game but I just can’t see him sacrificing all of that just to coach.

I agree.  If he did anything for the Bills with respect to Allen, it would be an occasional conversation.

• Like (+1) 2

As far as Jim getting an actual job for the team, I think It’s better to keep the legends as outside observers and occasional consultants. Let them live in the glory days and give advice when needed. We don’t need another Marv fiasco.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like Kelly in mentor/sounding board role when Josh wants to reach out. I can’t see him going through a more rigorous coaching role however, given his overall health issues and other responsibilities. Still, the amount of football acumen contained in his experience bank is more than anyone who’s reading this post. A Vulcan mind meld may be the appropriate course of action here.

:flirt:;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't really get this reading the article it doesn't really sound like he's implying Jim Kelly has an official role it just makes an off hand joke and talks about what he said he's doing with Allen and the Offense and gives his opinion and Bill Polian's as well. Kind of seems like Tim and Sal took the article way too damn seriously. I mean not news worthy really it's the offseason nothings happening.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Poor Jim... 

Poor Jim? He'd be a nobody without the Bills. He craves this attention and puts himself in this position time and time again.

He should go mentor the Houston gamblers QB since he's done such a good job. 

No thanks, I wish him well but the dude needs to move on. 

Those who disagree can't see through the facade. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

As far as Jim getting an actual job for the team, I think It’s better to keep the legends as outside observers and occasional consultants. Let them live in the glory days and give advice when needed. We don’t need another Marv fiasco.

The failures need to go. They're not legends. They've been imparting knowledge to guys for 20 years and it hasn't done anything.

They're guys who crave attention who arent recognized in NYC or LA and come back here for it. It's like college kids who can't get time who go back to their high school wearing their Letterman and patrol the sidelines.

I wish him the best, but it's old and tired.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Buffalo News needs to retire at this point.

How about they just get Jim Kelly to participate in one of those innumerable ‘Smiles At’ galleries they’re so good at running?  There’s breaking news for you!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Jim, if his health remains, it still young, and charitable endeavors really don’t satisfy the competitive nature.

This would be good for Kelly. I don’t see him as a coach, but he was the toughest SOB to play QB, and to have some of that rub off would be great. 

Edited by George C
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The failures need to go. They're not legends. They've been imparting knowledge to guys for 20 years and it hasn't done anything.

They're guys who crave attention who arent recognized in NYC or LA and come back here for it. It's like college kids who can't get time who go back to their high school wearing their Letterman and patrol the sidelines.

I wish him the best, but it's old and tired.

Geez, have a Snickers...

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2