Nothing Short of a Super Bowl Win Will Prove Them All Wrong !!

Short of winning a Super Bowl (and that may not even do it) will convince the NFL or the media that Buffalo is a respectable, upstanding community, & franchise . Every thing that happens with in the Bills region is never good enough !!

Brandon Beane in his short tenure here has taken a team with a dismal at best cap situation/roster & turned it into one of the better situations in the entire NFL but does he get any props for doing so ? NO !! Then there's the NFL exec that said earlier this year he doesn't see the direction that Beane is taking the Bills in to be a good one ...  WHAT? 

In 2 short years the direction & out look of our Buffalo Bills has made a turn to look better than it has in 17 yrs & no one gives the Bills credit where it is due ! Being one of the older clubs to go through all the ups & downs of the economy over the years not to mention the economy of the area it self not being the greatest yet they have always pulled through but not according to the Jerry's of the league and the Bills not being "America's Team" ? BS !! sorry ? the Bills are always on the out side looking in it seems !! 

I read a article that tells how the reigning Super Bowl champs a team that has been on a unprecedented winning streak for some 20 yrs have done so good at balancing their cap & all NS tell us something we don't know !! If they hadn't done that do you think they would have the winning record as long as they have ? Not thinking so just saying !!

But the teams like our Bills that have been irrelevant & out of the play offs for a record amount of time & have finally pulled themselves out of a hole & are beginning to look as if they are heading in a good direction under BB & McD get no props !! COME ON MAN !! 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/31/bills-brandon-beane-snubbed-on-list-recognizing-cap-management/

Then last but definitely not least there is Goodell a native of the area, he grew up in Jamestown & knows more than most about the area & what the people can financially afford,  he talks about how the Bills need a new stadium (toting the NFL line)  to stay relevant .

Not one mention of the state of the art work out & rehab facilities the Pegs have built at the stadium, he never once mentions how much the players dig where & who they are playing for but it's always the down side of things never finding the good in what's happening here ! And how a brand new stadium is the only way the Bills can stay relevant :huh:

Bottom line !! If the Bills win they will come & it doesn't matter if they are playing in a $1.6 Billion brand new stadium or they are still at New Era but that's not in the NFL's best interest !!

I for one hope the Bills kick every ones A** with out a new stadium & proves them all wrong, the NFL , the Media all of them (evil laughter)  ? HA HA HA HA HA !!! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2

I like being under the radar. I don’t want anyone to see what a great team is forming here we until it’s obvious. 

It’s happening!  I can see it!  You can see it!  ScottLaw doesn’t see it, but that’s okay. It’s happening. We have a team built on physically-gifted, team-first players with depth at every position (except QB) that care about nothing but winning. 

Our time is coming!  We have wandered aimlessly across the desert for 40 (okay 20) years and we have arrived at the promised land. Soak it all in because it feels good. It’s okay to feel good - we’re not used to it, but it’s okay to feel good.  

The next few years are why we support our team.  We will adjust to expecting to win instead of celebrating when our team put up a good fight in a narrow defeat to a strong team. Soon, we become the team to beat. 

This is different - not like the tongue-in-cheek “this year is different.”  This time, it really is different. We have a QB, coach and GM who are all determined to win no matter what. We can sustain an injury to anyone (except Josh) and have the next man up step in at an NFL  level. 

The next Golden Age for the Bills is beginning!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I agree that Beane has done an outstanding job of cap management.  I think he could easily have been named one of the top five.  I think most of the top five on the list have been in the role of GM for a lot longer than Beane, so they may be getting points for longevity.  The exception is John Lynch in San Francisco.  I don't know why the author things Lynch is doing a better job than Beane.

This is how people talk when you have sucked for ages. And won 6 games last year.

And no, they don't need to win a Super Bowl. They just need to become a team that competes for championships ... a top 6 or 8 team.

Edited by Thurman#1

Pats were the laughing stock of the league for a very long time before Brady. If you suck for decades and are not drafting #1 overall why should anyone pay you any attention in the national media? 

We have not drafted the “top” players, we have not signed the “top” players.

Buffalo does not deserve any props from national media until they are a legit contender and can do it on a regular basis. 

I don’t want the browns type of hype, or even the stupid jets hype since they signed bell. 

Are you new?!

Fwiw, its ok to feel that way, but posts like that also fuel the 'fire' to a degree. If we always want to walk around with a chip on our shoulder - thats ok, but the small city syndrome is something we facilitate to a degree. Im sure many people feel otherwise, and thats ok too - but IMO winning the SB wouldnt do much but allow Buffalo to puff out their chest rather than walking around feeling slighted. It might even bring more need to build a stadium bc of the extra attention. Personally, i dont understand this way of thinking. We have an NFL team, which in that sense makes us an equal with every other NFL city. Honestly, as a fan of an NFL team, Im fine with that. Winning to whatever degree will 'fix' these percieved issues unless they dont... bc they are in our head. If you get sick of it go root for a bigger market team, and then theyll be something else to feel bad about. I just dont understand the poor us schtick. We have an NFL team and to a degree it is what we make of it - not what other people tell us it is. 

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 2

Nah.

If the Bills win their first five games, the national media will jump all over it, and call them a "sleeper team" until they lose their next two, at which point they'll stop talking about it, because they would have to admit they were wrong. Plus, they will have forgotten what they said in the first place. This is very much a "what have you done lately" sort of league. Just look at what they're saying about the Browns.

5 hours ago, T master said:

Short of winning a Super Bowl (and that may not even do it) will convince the NFL or the media that Buffalo is a respectable, upstanding community, & franchise . Every thing that happens with in the Bills region is never good enough !!

What about finding the REAL killers? You know, finally exonerating OJ??  That would be pretty cool.  Put Buffalo on the map.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills fans desperately need the approval from people in the media whom they constantly say know nothing.

As a team, we have averaged less than 7 wins per season for the last 2 decades and people wonder why we don’t get much respect?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If we go 5-3 or better the first half the Bills will get that national media attention you crave. I don't remember what year but I think it was 2012 and we were 4-1, Stevie Johnson was on almost every national sports radio show making the rounds. The broadcasters were saying "You've got something special brewing up in buffalo" turns out we didn't we had a hot start and then we reverted back to being the Bills. Until we are in the playoffs consistently every year we aren't going to hear much about Buffalo via national media, they have ratings to care about and a small market team that has been to the postseason once in 19 years doesn't drive ratings.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

If we go 5-3 or better the first half the Bills will get that national media attention you crave. I don't remember what year but I think it was 2012 and we were 4-1, Stevie Johnson was on almost every national sports radio show making the rounds. The broadcasters were saying "You've got something special brewing up in buffalo" turns out we didn't we had a hot start and then we reverted back to being the Bills. Until we are in the playoffs consistently every year we aren't going to hear much about Buffalo via national media, they have ratings to care about and a small market team that has been to the postseason once in 19 years doesn't drive ratings.  

Exactly..look  at Kansas City..They are a small market team too. They are on 5+ nationally televised games..They earned that right because they took the eventual super bowl champion to the last play in the championship game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Bills fans desperately need the approval from people in the media whom they constantly say know nothing.

As a team, we have averaged less than 7 wins per season for the last 2 decades and people wonder why we don’t get much respect?

Post of the year ?

14 hours ago, T master said:

Brandon Beane in his short tenure here has taken a team with a dismal at best cap situation/roster & turned it into one of the better situations in the entire NFL but does he get any props for doing so ? NO !! Then there's the NFL exec that said earlier this year he doesn't see the direction that Beane is taking the Bills in to be a good one ...  WHAT? 

In 2 short years the direction & out look of our Buffalo Bills has made a turn to look better than it has in 17 yrs & no one gives the Bills credit where it is due ! Being one of the older clubs to go through all the ups & downs of the economy over the years not to mention the economy of the area it self not being the greatest yet they have always pulled through but not according to the Jerry's of the league and the Bills not being "America's Team" ? BS !! sorry ? the Bills are always on the out side looking in it seems !! 

I read a article that tells how the reigning Super Bowl champs a team that has been on a unprecedented winning streak for some 20 yrs have done so good at balancing their cap & all NS tell us something we don't know !! If they hadn't done that do you think they would have the winning record as long as they have ? Not thinking so just saying !!

But the teams like our Bills that have been irrelevant & out of the play offs for a record amount of time & have finally pulled themselves out of a hole & are beginning to look as if they are heading in a good direction under BB & McD get no props !! COME ON MAN !! 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/31/bills-brandon-beane-snubbed-on-list-recognizing-cap-management/

Then last but definitely not least there is Goodell a native of the area, he grew up in Jamestown & knows more than most about the area & what the people can financially afford,  he talks about how the Bills need a new stadium (toting the NFL line)  to stay relevant .

Not one mention of the state of the art work out & rehab facilities the Pegs have built at the stadium, he never once mentions how much the players dig where & who they are playing for but it's always the down side of things never finding the good in what's happening here ! And how a brand new stadium is the only way the Bills can stay relevant :huh:

Bottom line !! If the Bills win they will come & it doesn't matter if they are playing in a $1.6 Billion brand new stadium or they are still at New Era but that's not in the NFL's best interest !!

I for one hope the Bills kick every ones A** with out a new stadium & proves them all wrong, the NFL , the Media all of them (evil laughter)  ? HA HA HA HA HA !!! 

We would be the only team that can win the Super Bowl and still only get Sunday 1pm games when the schedule comes out

15 hours ago, T master said:

You're concerned that the media doesn't think buffalo is a respectable and upstanding community?  What says that they don't?  What says it is? Who cares either way.?

17 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Usually, these are the same fans who are convinced after every loss that the officials cost them the game.  

17 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I hope the Bills win a lot because I'm a Bills fan.

I don't care about proving anybody wrong.

....exactly...take it in steps.....10-6 and WC spot.......win the WC game but lose a close one next up......I like it and could care less what the urinalists yap about.......and their 2020 power rankings will STILL have us in the twenties and McDermott in the twenties as a HC anyways............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy