Kyle Williams thoughts on Josh Allen

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Did anyone really think Kyle would come out and say "Josh Allen is a bust, and the Bills will rue the day they drafted him!"

C'mon... Kyle is a Bills legend, but I'm sure if I spent 10 mins on Google I could find him saying great things about other Bills QB's as well.

Did your mother drop you on your head?  Why can't you simply accept a positive statement for what it is?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

C'mon... Kyle is a Bills legend, but I'm sure if I spent 10 mins on Google I could find him saying great things about other Bills QB's as well.

OK.  Go for it.  I'll be waiting for your post.

• Haha (+1) 1

Good or bad what do people expect Kyle to say? He’s retired and an avid supporter of the organization. Still very close to many of the players. Whenever the man talks I listen and I listened to this, but going in I knew no way possible it would be negative. Not like Kyle. Too much class. Good luck to him and Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

I mentioned something similar in another thread, and I obviously can't speak for the team, but: I can't remember when the fanbase has been this united behind a quarterback for the Bills. I thought, maybe Kelly. But, as an older poster pointed out to me-- even Kelly had his detractors while he was playing, and I can understand why. But, going back through the years: Tyrod, Fitz, Trent, Orton, EJ, Losman... I remember people bagging on Bledsoe. I was skeptical as hell when they drafted Allen. But, man, am I on board now.

If there's anyone who thinks we should be going a different direction at QB, please, chime in. I'm not sure you exist.

BTW- I effing love Kyle Williams.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Maybe he's seen enough frauds during his time with the Bills to know the difference?

Maybe?????

?

11 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I mentioned something similar in another thread, and I obviously can't speak for the team, but: I can't remember when the fanbase has been this united behind a quarterback for the Bills. I thought, maybe Kelly. But, as an older poster pointed out to me-- even Kelly had his detractors while he was playing, and I can understand why. But, going back through the years: Tyrod, Fitz, Trent, Orton, EJ, Losman... I remember people bagging on Bledsoe. I was skeptical as hell when they drafted Allen. But, man, am I on board now.

If there's anyone who thinks we should be going a different direction at QB, please, chime in. I'm not sure you exist.

BTW- I effing love Kyle Williams.

Even before the first Super Bowl, during those playoffs, I knew guys who hated Kelly.

It used to tick me off royally at the time!!!

15 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hmm.... no offense to Kyle on this topic, but has he ever seen a real franchise guy up close in his own locker room? 

The guys a bills legend legend to be sure and he’s sacked a bunch of franchise guys, can’t think of one he’s shared a locker rooom with..... PRIOR TO JOSH, of course...

He has experienced one going against him twice a year and won 2 games during his 15 year tenure...I am sure there are many a plays where Kyle has wondered "How the hell Tom made that play?" 

17 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hmm.... no offense to Kyle on this topic, but has he ever seen a real franchise guy up close in his own locker room? 

The guys a bills legend legend to be sure and he’s sacked a bunch of franchise guys, can’t think of one he’s shared a locker rooom with..... PRIOR TO JOSH, of course...

You are correct. So really if anything, he knows what is NOT a franchise QB because he's seen a lot of them. So if he knows what is not a franchise QB based on experience, his intelligence should be able to work out what is a franchise QB thus knowing what he sees in JA is a franchise level QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigPappy said:

You are correct. So really if anything, he knows what is NOT a franchise QB because he's seen a lot of them. So if he knows what is not a franchise QB based on experience, his intelligence should be able to work out what is a franchise QB thus knowing what he sees in JA is a franchise level QB.

I like this too.  He’s seen so much bad, he recognizes different. Fair point 

• Like (+1) 1

Ah the rose colored tinting of the off season, a hallmark of this franchise the last 20+ years lol. 

Allen does seem to have a great personality, but he needs to be better than 50% comp, if not, things will derail rather quickly.

19 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Maybe he's seen enough frauds during his time with the Bills to know the difference?

This. This is just as the saying goes. "A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from other's mistakes". You don't need to have a franchise QB in your locker room to know what it takes to have one.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC
  • Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Did anyone really think Kyle would come out and say "Josh Allen is a bust, and the Bills will rue the day they drafted him!"

I would think that he truly didn't feel that way he'd say nothing at all.....

17 hours ago, BigDingus said:

10 minutes shouldn't be that long then... please post link after you've searched...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Ah the rose colored tinting of the off season, a hallmark of this franchise the last 20+ years lol. 

Allen does seem to have a great personality, but he needs to be better than 50% comp, if not, things will derail rather quickly.

Ah, the cloud to every silver lining....