Bills OTAs 6/4 (open to media)

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I just listened to Sean's presser.  I didn't get the impression that he had concerns about Oliver.  He was talking in the context of mentoring...how Star had Dwan Edwards to mentor him in the ways of being a professional.  Now it's Star's turn to do the same with Oliver, though Ed has to take ownership and learn to do things himself.  He was asked to elaborate and Sean discussed those things outside of practice that are important for players to do and to form the habits it takes to be a solid professional (what time you  arrive, what time you leave, what to do in your free time, when to workout, when to get a massage, film study, etc.)  Then he said it's "important that the habits that precede the winning are being built the right way and in a timely fashion for these young players."  So I didn't take it as any criticism of Oliver.

Your take is not appropriately over-reactive.  We must look for reasons to panic.  

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Your take is not appropriately over-reactive.  We must look for reasons to panic.  

I might be totally off base but I took McD handling of Oliver (and Ford who he loved getting in the draft)

Its earned....just like Josh Allen didnt come in and receive the golden carpet treatment......you might be a high pick but ITS EARNED

jmho

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I might be totally off base but I took McD handling of Oliver (and Ford who he loved getting in the draft)

Its earned....just like Josh Allen didnt come in and receive the golden carpet treatment......you might be a high pick but ITS EARNED

jmho

It’s not much different than when the big time HS recruits get to campus in college. They’ve been talked up and celebrated already, but they haven’t made it yet. Not at that level. Not even close. The coaches start to “de-recruit” them and be extra hard on them because the talent is there, but now the work begins for them to reach their potential. Theyve excelled against HS kids but have done nothing Vs college players. Same with college to pro. Need to get them in the right growth mindset.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, FLFan said:

This Oliver thing has me freaked out ?

it was obvious he was a malcontent when the jacket issue arose.

Cannot believe mCd drafted him.

he will likely hold out through preseason and get injured playing field hockey. tear acl mcl while getting concussed during a drunken barfight after street racing from the Mongolian buffet. after insulting mongolians everywhere for the small portions

Roger will make him a case study and fine Buffalo all their draft picks for six years or until terry makes him a shiny stadium just for Goodell.
 Then he will retire. Roger will forgive Ed and reinstate him

Upon his return to the NFL? He'll go to play for the Patriots to make all pro on the ride to another Lombardi.

panicked enough ?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s not much different than when the big time HS recruits get to campus in college. They’ve been talked up and celebrated already, but they haven’t made it yet. Not at that level. Not even close. The coaches start to “de-recruit” them and be extra hard on them because the talent is there, but now the work begins for them to reach their potential. Theyve excelled against HS kids but have done nothing Vs college players. Same with college to pro. Need to get them in the right growth mindset.

That is the right way to treat an up and comer. Try to keep them all humble and hungry
Humble brings wisdom, and that lasts lifetime.

Hungry can bring greatness. 

the two combined help define a young Mans future.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He should stick to the baseball

Maybe Josh was feeling his oats and chugged a few Home Run Champion Beers before practice

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

"Sills V had the most regrettable drop of the day. After working himself open and finding separation to the right sideline, he let an in-stride Jackson pass hit him in the hands and drop to the ground."  :(

• Sad 2