Bills OTAs 6/4 (open to media)

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just something I’ve notice -Sean doesn’t speak in glowing terms when discussing Oliver. Hasn’t in the past and definitely not today. He throws heaps of praise on nearly every other player, 4th Team DBs and OL. Regarding Oliver, he’s getting repetitive talking about how he (“a player”) has to understand it’s a full time commitment re: film study, workouts, meetings. Not just an 8 hr job and go home. He seems concerned -and now so do I..

I just listened to Sean's presser.  I didn't get the impression that he had concerns about Oliver.  He was talking in the context of mentoring...how Star had Dwan Edwards to mentor him in the ways of being a professional.  Now it's Star's turn to do the same with Oliver, though Ed has to take ownership and learn to do things himself.  He was asked to elaborate and Sean discussed those things outside of practice that are important for players to do and to form the habits it takes to be a solid professional (what time you  arrive, what time you leave, what to do in your free time, when to workout, when to get a massage, film study, etc.)  Then he said it's "important that the habits that precede the winning are being built the right way and in a timely fashion for these young players."  So I didn't take it as any criticism of Oliver.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I just listened to Sean's presser.  I didn't get the impression that he had concerns about Oliver.  He was talking in the context of mentoring...how Star had Dwan Edwards to mentor him in the ways of being a professional.  Now it's Star's turn to do the same with Oliver, though Ed has to take ownership and learn to do things himself.  He was asked to elaborate and Sean discussed those things outside of practice that are important for players to do and to form the habits it takes to be a solid professional (what time you  arrive, what time you leave, what to do in your free time, when to workout, when to get a massage, film study, etc.)  Then he said it's "important that the habits that precede the winning are being built and in a timely fashion for these young players."  So I didn't take it as any criticism of Oliver.

You're missing a prime opportunity to panic.

• Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

But you Can get an evaluation on promptness, attention to detail, showing whether you learned from yesterday, etc.

I’m not trying to look for concerns, we’ve heard Sean talk like this about other players. It usually isn’t a good thing. I hope the poster who said that’s how he treats rookies is right. But Knox is getting plenty of propers..

...Parcells was a master of mind games with LT as well as others......McDermott released Foster and then re-signed him last year as a wake up call......who knows?...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I hope that Oliver doesn’t have the same thing Lawson did. I believe it was a torn labia which would suck.

So friggin immature! It's a torn Labrum!!

Which is the outer beef curtain I believe.

• Haha (+1) 1