Steve Smith Sr. on One Bills Live right now

17 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Us going 6-10 had more to do with having a rookie qb than if the team was tough or not. I want to see fight from my team and i do think it matters

Well you are proving my point. There are far more important factors, such as how experienced your QB is.

54 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get any of the negative posts in this thread. HOF worthy career guy brought in to talk to the team and I see a bunch of "I don't like him for whatever dumb reason" posts in this thread and have yet to hear a single post about what he said on OBL. 

This. I was never a big fan of SSS because of his loudmouth commentating on PFF, but after listening to him today, he has won me over. He expressed a lot of his personal problems and how it made him a better player. He was a trash talking mo-fo on the field, but he could back it up. He would make a pretty good WR coach IMO. I'm now a fan of his.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, MJS said:

So two years ago when that Gronk slam happened to Tre White nobody went after Gronk. The team went 9-7 and broke the 17 year playoff drought. Last year, everyone went after Kiko after his cheap shot on Josh Allen, indicating their willingness to fight back after the whistle. The team went 6-10 and missed the playoffs.

I think it's good when players are willing to stick up for each other, I just think it's impact to wins and losses is minimal. There are scores of more important things. In fact, you can play hard and passionate and tough between the whistles and make a bigger impact than reacting to something after the whistle when the play is dead.

So the fact that we have had a wimpy team in the past is duly noted. I just don't think those teams would have won any more games had they gone after guys for cheap shots.

its an argument not worth me making for sure. and McDermott would surely agree with you.

and of course you just bring it harder next play !

we all  were lucky Tre recovered.  and i do not want anyone thinking they can take free shots at our guys, But i have digressed greatly : (

Edited by 3rdand12

Steve Smith was a heck of a self made player.

He was also a selfish, me first baby who was not a great presence in the Panthers locker room .

The guy sucker punched two of his team mates, One in a film room(?!).

Dave Gettlemen moved him out because he and Cam couldn’t be on the same team. Cam needed room to grow into a leader and Smith wasn’t letting him have it.

Repeatedly, they brought young receivers in and instead of helping them or dealing with them behind closed doors he’d make snide comments in public. Just like that crap he did with Rosen.

We all Know hot chicks who , even if they are the hottest in the room , are catty to all the other women. That boys is exactly who “ Schmitty “ was and is. 

And before you bring up Thurman and the chip on his shoulder, Thurman grew into a model teammate . Smith never did.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

On 6/3/2019 at 7:18 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

I prefer guys who don't beat up their teammates:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3514554

What this article fails to point out is that Smith sucker punched Lucas while Lucas was kneeling on the sidelines, at least twice. Punk azz move. Lucas apparently got the better of him during practice and little stevie couldn't handle it. He would talk a bunch of stuff, but couldn't take it when someone reciprocated.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80d9bb34/article/gift-of-forgiveness-has-served-lucas-panthers-well

Edited by Dopey
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, BuffaloBill said:

But in reality Charlotte is not too far off of being “Buffalo South.”  Not unlike the fact that people from WNY for years seemed to end up in Florida.

I'm born and raised in SC. I can not go anywhere without someone asking me about my Bills gear. 80% of the time, they are from the Buffalo area. I've only had one or two jerks question why I'm a fan and be somewhat rude about it. Rolls off my shoulders though. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

What this article fails to point out is that Smith sucker punched Lucas while Lucas was kneeling on the sidelines, at least twice. Punk azz move. Lucas apparently got the better of him during practice and little stevie couldn't handle it. He would talk a bunch of stuff, but couldn't take it when someone reciprocated.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80d9bb34/article/gift-of-forgiveness-has-served-lucas-panthers-well

It's pretty ironic that Troy Vincent was quoted.  The same Troy Vincent who broke rookie JP Losman's leg in a pre season practice.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, MJS said:

Fine. That's fine. Just doesn't add or subtract from the win column.

If they would've jumped Gronk and actually done something about that it may have added to the win column. Sometimes things like that brings a team closer together and they play harder for each other