Steve Smith Sr. on One Bills Live right now

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Not a fan Of Steve Smith. A massive sh#t talker still after his playing days. 

I’d take a locker room full of guys just like him. Dude is competitive as hell and wanted to win. Plus he had talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do you really think that matters? They lost games because they had no talent, had bad QB's, and bad coaches. I thing being willing to go after players after the whistle is super far down on the list of reasons the Bills haven't been good.

If you have loads of talent, a good QB, and good coaches you are going to win, regardless of how you deal with cheap shots and "passionate" opponents.

when Tre White got hit ? the whole bench should have cleared.and some one should have stuck Gronkowski's brace up his keister on national TV.
Bills have played wimpy for too long.

Play as a Team and defend each.

all for one !

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

when Tre White got hit ? the whole bench should have cleared.and some one should have stuck Gronkowski's brace up his keister on national TV.
Bills have played wimpy for too long.

Play as a Team and defend each.

all for one !

Fine. That's fine. Just doesn't add or subtract from the win column.

Just now, MJS said:

Fine. That's fine. Just doesn't add or subtract from the win column.

when you are fighting for the guy next to you and the guys next to him ? I think you have a connection that goes beyond "doing your job well "
just me. I respect your point

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

when you are fighting for the guy next to you and the guys next to him ? I think you have a connection that goes beyond "doing your job well "
just me. I respect your point

So two years ago when that Gronk slam happened to Tre White nobody went after Gronk. The team went 9-7 and broke the 17 year playoff drought. Last year, everyone went after Kiko after his cheap shot on Josh Allen, indicating their willingness to fight back after the whistle. The team went 6-10 and missed the playoffs.

I think it's good when players are willing to stick up for each other, I just think it's impact to wins and losses is minimal. There are scores of more important things. In fact, you can play hard and passionate and tough between the whistles and make a bigger impact than reacting to something after the whistle when the play is dead.

So the fact that we have had a wimpy team in the past is duly noted. I just don't think those teams would have won any more games had they gone after guys for cheap shots.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Funny that's why I liked him!  Never hurts to get in the other guy's kitchen.  He was a tough little SOB

And why not learn some tough? I can think of a certain division team I'd like to punch in the face.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Purple Nerple

and that too.

been awhile since i have been the game.

But like your old school thinking.

whats the one where you pull Brady up by his thong panties.

wedgie ?

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

fierce competitor in steve smith. one of those players that was not on your team but I liked to watch in action. JA has that fierce competitor nature in him. 

simple as that 73.

fierce competitor is well said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Before there was Bob Woods, Steve Smith was #$%#$@ crazy

Edited by stevewin

56 minutes ago, MJS said:

So two years ago when that Gronk slam happened to Tre White nobody went after Gronk. The team went 9-7 and broke the 17 year playoff drought. Last year, everyone went after Kiko after his cheap shot on Josh Allen, indicating their willingness to fight back after the whistle. The team went 6-10 and missed the playoffs.

I think it's good when players are willing to stick up for each other, I just think it's impact to wins and losses is minimal. There are scores of more important things. In fact, you can play hard and passionate and tough between the whistles and make a bigger impact than reacting to something after the whistle when the play is dead.

So the fact that we have had a wimpy team in the past is duly noted. I just don't think those teams would have won any more games had they gone after guys for cheap shots.

Yeah, teams playing like teams don't generally translate to wins, you should talk to the Lakers about that one...

I don't get any of the negative posts in this thread. HOF worthy career guy brought in to talk to the team and I see a bunch of "I don't like him for whatever dumb reason" posts in this thread and have yet to hear a single post about what he said on OBL. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Do you really think that matters? They lost games because they had no talent, had bad QB's, and bad coaches. I thing being willing to go after players after the whistle is super far down on the list of reasons the Bills haven't been good.

If you have loads of talent, a good QB, and good coaches you are going to win, regardless of how you deal with cheap shots and "passionate" opponents.

Getting pushed around during plays and after plays is part of the whole physical aspect of the game. Intimidation is a real factor. Players know that and you could see the Bills getting pushed all over the field on many occasions. They have given up multiple games over the years where the opponent rushed for over 200 yards.  That happens because the players up front are getting their a__es kicked. Yes, they have had bad rosters but they have been a very soft team.  Do you think that Gronk would have hit Tre White on the ground if he thought someone on the Bills would nail him on the next play?  Whether you believe that or not, that is a real factor in the league.

My point about Smith Sr. was that he played tough and wasn't intimidated by anyone.  He didn't let intimidation change the way he played in a game.  The Bills could used that kind of tough attitude in more of their players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Us going 6-10 had more to do with having a rookie qb than if the team was tough or not. I want to see fight from my team and i do think it matters

• Awesome! (+1) 1