Steve Smith Sr. on One Bills Live right now

McBeane brought him in to talk to the players and give any advice he wanted to share with the team. He seems much more down to Earth on this show than he does on his national show. Talking about the depression he went through as a player.

He won't be leaving Buffalo empty handed at least. He is sporting a nice Bills hoodie.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I can respect his longevity in the league, and his accomplishments - but I always thought he was a hot-head and a little bit of a dirty player.

Funny that's why I liked him!  Never hurts to get in the other guy's kitchen.  He was a tough little SOB

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm really tired of everything the Bills do being connected to Carolina.

;)

But in reality Charlotte is not too far off of being “Buffalo South.”  Not unlike the fact that people from WNY for years seemed to end up in Florida.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

But in reality Charlotte is not too far off of being “Buffalo South.”  Not unlike the fact that people from WNY for years seemed to end up in Florida.

WNYers in NC via FLA are halfbacks.  Moved to the Sunshine State then moved halfway back home.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

He was never a diva or me first or malcontent for that matter.  He was just an ultra passionate, super competitive and wore his emotions on his sleeve.

I think people would see his scowls or trash talking and automatically lumped him in with other players but he was never one of those kinda guys.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I can respect his longevity in the league, and his accomplishments - but I always thought he was a hot-head and a little bit of a dirty player.

Smith Sr. was a tough guy and he played tough. The Bills could have used a little passion from their players. I've spent too many years watching our guys taking cheap hits and getting pushed around.  

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

WNYers in NC via FLA are halfbacks.  Moved to the Sunshine State then moved halfway back home.

Not all. My brother moved to Concord, NC many years ago and my sister followed him. She moved home, got remarried and moved back to NC.  

Neither has lived in Cuba North.

13 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Smith Sr. was a tough guy and he played tough. The Bills could have used a little passion from their players. I've spent too many years watching our guys taking cheap hits and getting pushed around.  

Do you really think that matters? They lost games because they had no talent, had bad QB's, and bad coaches. I thing being willing to go after players after the whistle is super far down on the list of reasons the Bills haven't been good.

If you have loads of talent, a good QB, and good coaches you are going to win, regardless of how you deal with cheap shots and "passionate" opponents.