Brady trying to trademark "Tom Terrific"

8 hours ago, teef said:

i mean...even his april fool's joke lacked something to be desired.

Too bad Belichick couldn't design a joke for him. I bet it would have looked 1,000 times better.

Edited by The Jerk
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tainted Tom is reserved for him.  

This ^^^^^ 

Tainten Tom* doesn’t get more appropriate then that !!!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

5cf5e9612500003300dbe73f.jpeg

Tom Brady has managed to irk another New York fanbase. (Getty)

As far as the Mets are concerned, there’s only one Tom Terrific — Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Seaver, who won three Cy Young awards and helped lead the Mets to the 1969 World Series.

Mets plead their case with U.S. patent office

Apparently irked by Brady’s claim, the Mets made their case to the USPTO on Monday. But they didn’t do so in a legal filing. 

They aired their grievance on Twitter.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

At a basketball tryout a kid 2 years younger than the rest wore a t-shirt with Tom T on the back, when asked what that meant he said Tom Terrific so everyone could hear 

i was coaching and the other coach looked back and nodded as we shared a “they are going to ride this kid into tears, unless he is the best out there”

he wasn't and they did...

Tampering Tom, of both footballs and cell phones.

As for trademarks vs "common use" terms, I could be wrong but I think some here have it backwards.  I don't think you have to be commonly referred to as something to trademark it (how else would you trademark a new intellectual property), you just can't trademark something that is ALREADY a common term.  Like you can't go out and trademark "Garbage Can" so that you have instant name recognition and force everyone else to spend money redoing their packaging to sell "waste receptacles" instead.

11 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Tampering Tom, of both footballs and cell phones.

As for trademarks vs "common use" terms, I could be wrong but I think some here have it backwards.  I don't think you have to be commonly referred to as something to trademark it (how else would you trademark a new intellectual property), you just can't trademark something that is ALREADY a common term.  Like you can't go out and trademark "Garbage Can" so that you have instant name recognition and force everyone else to spend money redoing their packaging to sell "waste receptacles" instead.

I don't know the exact rules either but I think when it comes to trademarking nicknames, you do have to be commonly referred to by that name in order to have it trademarked.  I'm thinking of the Dolphins DB whose request to TM FitzMagic got denied because most people associate that name with Ryan Fitzpatrick and not him.  

The tough part of this Tom Terrific thing may be that they played in different eras.  To this generation, Brady probably is Tom Terrific.  To the generation before and to Mets fans, Tom Seaver will always be the one and only Tom Terrific. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, Success said:

I’ve never been so ready for an athlete to retire.

Let’s hope he has a good reason to retire , 

and I couldn’t think  of a better reason then us whooping a$$ twice THIS year and taking the division , 

Gooo Bills baby THIS is our time !!!! 

The reason is that Brady doesn’t want the name Terrific to be applied against him by others. He is sick to death of being called Tom Terrific.

this was always in rhe narrative, I hope you all have this in mind when attacking him...