Molly Ivans Would Be Smiling About A Democratic Texas

Just now, DC Tom said:

What really worries me about channeling leftist idiocy isn't that I can do it so effectively.  It's that it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it should.  Even pretending to be this stupid should be painful.  

You’d think

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

What really worries me about channeling leftist idiocy isn't that I can do it so effectively.  It's that it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it should.  Even pretending to be this stupid should be painful.  

:lol:

What if you tried walking at the same time?

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's cute how so many old Republicans are in denial about what's coming. Only once in the past 30 years have the people of the United States chosen a Republican president. Soon, not even the great wall that is the electoral college will be able to protect them anymore.

And only twice in the past 4 decades has a Democrat won a majority of the popular vote.

Your point being?

Edited by Taro T
  • Thank you (+1) 1

‘Texodus’ Wave of GOP Retirements May Not Boost Democrats as Expected

WASHINGTON—Democrats are beside themselves with excitement, thanks to the “Texodus” of 11 Lone Star State Republican incumbent congressmen either losing reelection bids or retiring since President Donald Trump entered the Oval Office in 2017.

The DCCC added six veteran campaign staffers in the new operation, which is based in the state capital of Austin and augments an ongoing expansion of state and national party resources that began there before 2018.

Democrats defeated Texas GOP incumbent Reps. Pete Sessions and John Culberson in November 2018, two key wins in the party’s sweep back into power in the House of Representatives for the first time since 2011.

{snip}

But Texas political experts interviewed on Aug. 13 by The Epoch Times cautioned Democrats about declaring victory prematurely and Republicans against giving up, when so much remains to be seen in the 2020 presidential race.

Democrats are convinced that Trump, who carried Texas by nine points in 2016, won’t do nearly so well in 2020, thanks to four years of what they characterize as constant scandal, Twitter wars, and continuous upheavals in the administration.

“What I tell people is, I listened to the first two Democratic debates and I have to say, the first one was hard to watch because it was, you know, crazies,” Miller told The Epoch Times.

“But the second one was, ‘Yeah, we want to get rid of all hydrocarbons.’ They want to put Texas out of business, I mean that’s the subtext of that,” he continued.

Miller was referring to Democrats’ Green New Deal environmental proposal to end the use of all fossil fuels, including oil and natural gas, which have long been at the heart of the booming Texas economy.

“If they nominate a candidate like Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris, or somebody like, God forbid, Bernie Sanders, if they nominate somebody who is extremely left of center, they’re not going to get there,” Miller said.

More at the link: https://www.theepochtimes.com/texodus-wave-of-gop-retirements-may-not-boost-dems-as-expected_3040629.html

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Lol. These are direct personal insults that are not allowed (supposedly) on this forum, but I'm starting to detect that this place is corrupt and may not be worth trying to change. God bless you.

I know you'll have something smart, condescending, or insulting to say regardless of what I say here (classic cyberbullying), but no one has ever accused me of being dim-witted or lacking intelligence. Quite the contrary.

Typically, only weak people feel the need to belittle others.

So, it was your intention to change PPP?

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

And only twice in the past 4 decades has a Democrat won a majority of the popular vote.

Your point being?

Come again? Where are you getting your statistics? Maybe you're getting hung up on the term "majority," but the Democrat has won the popular vote in every election but one (Bush-Kerry) for the past 30 years.

13 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Come again? Where are you getting your statistics? Maybe you're getting hung up on the term "majority," but the Democrat has won the popular vote in every election but one (Bush-Kerry) for the past 30 years.

The results are widely known and readily available.  Only twice in the past 4 decades has a majority of ballots counted indicated that the Democrat wa the preferred candidate.

Goodness the Dems and their rigged polls love to predict the future and how it will be so perfect for them

i got friends like this who mouth off every week on NFL point spreads and forget how they pick about 33 percent over the years, they never learn and they never once have been asked who they think is a good bet.

4 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

This is categorically false.

Obama twice got more than 50 percent of the popular vote, that’s it for the last 10 elections for the Dems

i think that’s what was meant

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

This is categorically false.

So, is English not your 1st language?

Or do you have some personal definition of either the word "categorically" or "false" that the rest of us are supposed to magically know and accept?

Because the statements in each of my replies to you are true and accurate. 

55 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, is English not your 1st language?

Or do you have some personal definition of either the word "categorically" or "false" that the rest of us are supposed to magically know and accept?

Because the statements in each of my replies to you are true and accurate. 

I am simply talking about the candidate who won the popular vote (i.e., received the most votes). It seems that you may have cleverly inserted the word "majority" to get around that and try to bring this into the weeds.

• 4 weeks later...

Can all these polls be wrong?? 

President Trump might not want to look at a new poll conducted by Univision and the University of Houston.

The survey shows six Democratic presidential candidates leading the incumbent in Texas. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has the healthiest lead over Trump — a 48 percent to 42 percent edge. Meanwhile, former Vice President Joe Biden has Trump beat 47 percent to 43 percent, while Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is ahead 44 percent to 42 percent. Those three, frequently considered the front-runners in the Democratic primaries, don't come as a huge surprise, but Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Cory Booker (D-N.J.) also hold slight advantages. Former Housing Secretary and homegrown Texan Julián Castro is the sixth candidate that Texas would seemingly support over Trump; he has a three point lead over the commander-in-chief.

Those are the only six candidates highlighted in the survey for this particular question. Oddly, former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) is not pitted against Trump, though among the Democratic candidates, he finished second only to Biden in the survey, and led all other candidates by seven points or more among Texas Latinx voters. So it appears the El Paso native is doing pretty well in his home state at the moment.

POTUS poll among Texas Latinos:
Beto 26%
Biden 19%
Bernie 16%
Castro 13%
Warren 6%
Kamala 3%https://t.co/ROJef2Jry5 pic.twitter.com/6CUb55QlXD

— Conor Sen (@conorsen) September 10, 2019

The poll also revealed that 40 percent of voters would vote for any Democratic candidate over Trump, compared to just 33 percent who are committed to voting for the president. The poll was conducted between Aug. 31 and Sept. 6 on the phone and online. It consisted of 1,004 voters and the margin of error was 3.1 percent. See the full results here. Tim O'Donnell

https://theweek.com/speedreads/864097/6-democratic-candidates-are-beating-trump-new-texas-poll

On 8/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, The Bills Blog said:

I am simply talking about the candidate who won the popular vote (i.e., received the most votes). It seems that you may have cleverly inserted the word "majority" to get around that and try to bring this into the weeds.

what does the popular vote get you?

the square or cube root of Sweet ***** All?

• 9 months later...

President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden are locked in a tight contest in Texas, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.

“Too tight to tell in Texas,” Quinnipiac University polling analyst Tim Malloy said. “It’s a huge battleground state, it’s neck and neck, so this may be the most important state of all — and it’s right dead even. What drama.”

In the survey of 1,166 self-identified registered voters in Texas conducted May 28 to June 1, Trump had 1 percentage point over Biden — 44% to 43% — five months out from the general election.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200603/quinnipiac-poll-trump-biden-too-tight-to-tellrsquo-in-texas