NFL.Com Article Bills Josh Allen Taking Reins Developing That Trust

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032530/article/bills-josh-allen-taking-reins-developing-that-trust

Didn't see this linked here yet.  Kevin Patra from NFL.Com shares this quote from Josh:

"This year, I sat down with 'Dabs' (Brian Daboll) and went over what I like, what I didn't like. And he's trusting me in that mindset. If there's a play that he wants to call, and I don't like it, he's not going to call it. So, it's developing that trust."

A quick read with some update on how he is maturing in year 2.

Edited by freddyjj
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, freddyjj said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032530/article/bills-josh-allen-taking-reins-developing-that-trust

Didn't see this linked here yet.  Kevin Patra from NFL.Com shares this quote from Josh:

"This year, I sat down with 'Dabs' (Brian Daboll) and went over what I like, what I didn't like. And he's trusting me in that mindset. If there's a play that he wants to call, and I don't like it, he's not going to call it. So, it's developing that trust."

A quick read with some update on how he is maturing in year 2.

be sure and watch Baldy's breakdown on Josh at the link. an excellent 6 minute vid. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

2nd link to a story re-quoting what we could all read on buffalobills.com a week ago.

Sorry - I searched on article title, nfl.com and it didn't come up.  

...kid exudes nothing but leadership skills......the quote, "OUR team and OUR family" did it for me......humble, grounded, respectful of the game as well as QB's who paved the way.....just need to temper two things ASAP: (1) cannot put this whole team on HIS shoulders weekly; certainly hope he is our long term answer to a franchise QB versus a short term exit on a gurney; (2) arm strength- arm strength was a known but surprised as his agility for a big kid; he'll need to temper the arm strength into finesse; at the same time with "Professor" Palmer and Coach Dorsey, the Allstate guy said something about "being in good hands"....stay tuned......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

No, I wasn’t criticizing the thread, I was criticizing the source. All good. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Didn’t you know there was a thread called “Josh Allen” with 250 pages of comments.  

Anything topic that remotely mentions Josh Allen needs to go under that thread or someone will complain to you ????

3 hours ago, eball said:

2nd link to a story re-quoting what we could all read on buffalobills.com a week ago.

Cut him some slack, he’s trying to share an article he found interesting 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...kid exudes nothing but leadership skills......the quote, "OUR team and OUR family" did it for me......humble, grounded, respectful of the game as well as QB's who paved the way.....just need to temper two things ASAP: (1) cannot put this whole team on HIS shoulders weekly; certainly hope he is our long term answer to a franchise QB versus a short term exit on a gurney; (2) arm strength- arm strength was a known but surprised as his agility for a big kid; he'll need to temper the arm strength into finesse; at the same time with "Professor" Palmer and Coach Dorsey, the Allstate guy said something about "being in good hands"....stay tuned......

Yes...it is difficult enough to be a 2nd year QB as it is. I am sure that Palmer and Dorsey are hammering home the importance of being a complete player. If he doesn't know this by now, game experience will yield itself.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Cut him some slack, he’s trying to share an article he found interesting 

Dude did you even read the post directly above yours?

The team goes as far as Allen takes him.  Allen has won over the franchise.  More so than any Qb post Kelly.  They invested heavily into the offensive line. Everything is setting up for Allen to make a leap in production.  

I think that in the long run, Allen and the Bills are gonna benefit from having played Allen so much last year. And having the same HC and OC for two years in a row will also benefit Josh. Compare that with all the BS that "the other Josh" has been going through. Everything I have read and seen about/from Allen would seem to indicate that he may just be the real deal. It's been a long time comin....