GMFB “Bills will win the AFC East!”

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills last won the AFC East in 1995.

Let that sink in.

So, to predict the Bills to win the AFC East for the first time in 24 years is not smart business.

I think the more accurate statement, at this point, is to say that predicting the Pats*** will NOT win the AFC East is not smart business.

This Bills team is really an unknown and should not be held to the same (low) standard of their predecessors.  So much relies upon Allen's progression from Y1 to Y2 and how well Beane has addressed the OL and receiving corps.

40 minutes ago, eball said:

I think the more accurate statement, at this point, is to say that predicting the Pats*** will NOT win the AFC East is not smart business.

This Bills team is really an unknown and should not be held to the same (low) standard of their predecessors.  So much relies upon Allen's progression from Y1 to Y2 and how well Beane has addressed the OL and receiving corps.

All true.

As always though, I take the wait and see approach.

wasn't really thread worthy so I'll leave this here.

seems ol' fitz has mahomes attention

There isn't much Patrick Mahomes II loves more than a good FitzMagic show.

The Chiefs' star quarterback found out Ryan Fitzpatrick is a fellow no-look passing aficionado and immediately tweeted his support.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001033102/article/patrick-mahomes-reacts-to-ryan-fitzpatricks-nolook-pass

The Pats are like the Warriors.  So much aura - they’ve won for so long that pundits are terrified to pick anything that isn’t their continued dominance.

No one gave the Raptors a shot in this finals. Not a ghost of a chance.  And they’re up 3-1.  Sure, GS has had injuries, but is it really surprising for an older team to have those?  Look at the age of key positions on the Pats.

I’m convinced that #6 was their swan song.  I don’t think they make the playoffs this year.  I think the division comes down to us or the Jets.

8 minutes ago, Success said:

The Pats are like the Warriors.  So much aura - they’ve won for so long that pundits are terrified to pick anything that isn’t their continued dominance.

No one gave the Raptors a shot in this finals. Not a ghost of a chance.  And they’re up 3-1.  Sure, GS has had injuries, but is it really surprising for an older team to have those?  Look at the age of key positions on the Pats.

I’m convinced that #6 was their swan song.  I don’t think they make the playoffs this year.  I think the division comes down to us or the Jets.

Pats are nothing like the Warriors. Coaching matters in the NFL. What BB did to the Rams was gross. 

The Warriors win with talent. Too many injuries, it’s not like they got old and fell off the map. 

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Pats are nothing like the Warriors. Coaching matters in the NFL. What BB did to the Rams was gross. 

The Warriors win with talent. Too many injuries, it’s not like they got old and fell off the map. 

Exactly. Sometimes us Bills fans are blinded by our disdain for the Pats. It’s ok to admit that BB is an all time great head coach. He consistently makes opposing coaches look like complete fools. BB is on another planet as far as coaching is concerned. McDermott, Gase, and Flores aren’t going to out coach him. The best hope to beat the Pats is their talent declines, and opposing teams can develop superior talent. I don’t see many coaches ready to dethrone BB. 

28 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Exactly. Sometimes us Bills fans are blinded by our disdain for the Pats. It’s ok to admit that BB is an all time great head coach. He consistently makes opposing coaches look like complete fools. BB is on another planet as far as coaching is concerned. McDermott, Gase, and Flores aren’t going to out coach him. The best hope to beat the Pats is their talent declines, and opposing teams can develop superior talent. I don’t see many coaches ready to dethrone BB. 

BB was a mere mortal before Tom Brady came around. If he continues to lose velocity, the end could be quick and ugly.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

BB was a mere mortal before Tom Brady came around. If he continues to lose velocity, the end could be quick and ugly.

On that note I’m not saying BB is immortal. I think coaching is at an all time low and he is a HOF coach. Things were different not too long ago. 

6 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Pats are nothing like the Warriors. Spying matters in the NFL. What BB did to the Rams was gross. 

Corrected.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

He was mere mortal before director of spying was hired.

On 6/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, LSHMEAB said:

This is a QB driven league, so I have no doubt that BB will feel the loss of Brady. We’d start to see the Pats lose to teams with elite QB’s, and superior rosters. This doesn’t take away from the fact that BB is a top notch coach. I can’t envision the Pats continuing to hoist the Lombardy, but I’m confident BB would win games. I could see them becoming a middle of the road team who’s always in the mix.

BB has a long history of success in the NFL. No question he doesn’t win as many titles without Brady, but he still had a track record as a decent coach. I’m not sure where the narrative comes from that BB was a total bum as a football coach before the Pats. I understand his failure with the Browns, but I think he needed to learn the leadership portion of being a head coach. BB has always excelled with the x’s and o’s. The proof is in his two titles as D coordinator with the Giants, and a number one ranked defense with the 94 Browns. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

This is a QB driven league, so I have no doubt that BB will feel the loss of Brady. We’d start to see the Pats lose to teams with elite QB’s, and superior rosters. This doesn’t take away from the fact that BB is a top notch coach. I can’t envision the Pats continuing to hoist the Lombardy, but I’m confident BB would win games. I could see them becoming a middle of the road team who’s always in the mix.

BB has a long history of success in the NFL. No question he doesn’t win as many titles without Brady, but he still had a track record as a decent coach. I’m not sure where the narrative comes from that BB was a total bum as a football coach before the Pats. I understand his failure with the Browns, but I think he needed to learn the leadership portion of being a head coach. BB has always excelled with the x’s and o’s. The proof is in his two titles as D coordinator with the Giants, and a number one ranked defense with the 94 Browns. 

This is where two seemingly contradictory things can be true. BB IS an outstanding coach AND Tom Brady has elevated BB's status. Bottom line is you need a quarterback and Brady is the greatest of all time. BB's track record as a HC says as much. I suppose you could call it a match made in he** from a Bills perspective.

BB would still be an outstanding coach without TB, but unless he found another franchise QB, not the invincible force he appears to be.

The last time the Bills played the Pats without Brady, we shut them out in GILLETE! Think about that for a second. He would have to find another great QB and that is easier said than done.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Well, he is from Richmond VA, and dislikes Russell Wilson..so yep, pretty smart dude!

Russell Wilson is a good QB, but a pretty weird to be honest.

The magic water solving his concussion during the GB playoff game. 

All the stuff with Ciara, posting pics about just having sex... 

I think their is a reason most of that defense didn't seem to particularly care for him.

Again, a good QB but he's out there.

22 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Wasn't Brissett injured almost to the point where he couldn't even throw the ball?

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Russell Wilson is a good QB, but a pretty weird to be honest.

The magic water solving his concussion during the GB playoff game. 

All the stuff with Ciara, posting pics about just having sex... 

I think their is a reason most of that defense didn't seem to particularly care for him.

Again, a good QB but he's out there.

Wasn't Brissett injured almost to the point where he couldn't even throw the ball?

Yeah. The Bills shutout at NE may not be the greatest example. Nevertheless, Bill Belichick's career record as HC without Brady is 53-61. That's a pretty large sample size.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. The Bills shutout at NE may not be the greatest example. Nevertheless, Bill Belichick's career record as HC without Brady is 53-61. That's a pretty large sample size.

Fair point. That's including the Browns which I'm not really knowledgeable enough to give an opinion on. I was too young to remember. 

He's also 13-6 as the Pat's coach without Brady. The Bills never beat him with Cassel at QB.

They've both proven to be great as much as I dislike them. I don't think anyone can make a legitimate argument otherwise.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/8/2019 at 1:01 PM, CommonCents said:

Goff isn't good...