Roger Goodell speaks to Buffalo media from Jim Kelly’s golf tournament

Crazy that guys are wearing zip up long sleeves to golf in June ! Seems like the weather always sucks for Jimbos tournament , which is nuts considering it’s not in say, April. This is why the draft will never work in Buffalo; you’d have to wait until the 4th of July!

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

do bye's directly make it more popular no, but the fact that the four best teams meet in the championship rounds more often, I think does help make the game more popular.  Many more road teams win the first week than the 2nd week of the playoffs.

I disagree. The game is popular because it’s a great game. Fans of the NFL tolerate teams like the Patriots, but we don’t love it. Far from it, and they definitely don’t make the game more popular. Football is unique in that you only have to be the better team that day ( as opposed to a series) and that the home field gives more of an advantage than in other sports. 

2 hours ago, T master said:

I think the Bills can stay stable with out a Jerry world in Buffalo & i believe that if you ask the coaches a 4 game pre season is needed to figure out their depth chart & to implement offensive & defensive schemes !

If they are worried about injury then increase the roster ! The only thing the NFL is thinking by taking away pre season games & adding games is MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY !! 

There will never be a “ Jerry world” type stadium in BUF.. A four game preseason is definitely not needed. it’s barely a three game one now, as game four is largely the players who are getting cut. The players don’t want to play preseason games , and the league doesn’t want to pay them for playing less than they already do. Of course , more real games =. more $$ in the league coffers. 

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Crazy that guys are wearing zip up long sleeves to golf in June ! Seems like the weather always sucks for Jimbos tournament , which is nuts considering it’s not in say, April. This is why the draft will never work in Buffalo; you’d have to wait until the 4th of July!

Same temp in Cleveland today 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same temp in Cleveland today 

Sure, but that’s a little more of a fluke. Just down the road a bit in Columbus, it’s been consistently 15-20 degrees above BUF temps, and our highs have been their lows. We’ve had seemingly perpetual cloud cover since Thanksgiving. Just terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree. The game is popular because it’s a great game. Fans of the NFL tolerate teams like the Patriots, but we don’t love it. Far from it, and they definitely don’t make the game more popular. Football is unique in that you only have to be the better team that day ( as opposed to a series) and that the home field gives more of an advantage than in other sports. 

that part is certainly true, which to me is why I like the byes as the better teams win more.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sure, but that’s a little more of a fluke. Just down the road a bit in Columbus, it’s been consistently 15-20 degrees above BUF temps, and our highs have been their lows. We’ve had seemingly perpetual cloud cover since Thanksgiving. Just terrible. 

62 in Cbus today, pools are closed :(

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

that part is certainly true, which to me is why I like the byes as the better teams win more.

Or the teams in the weakest divisions. Honestly I don’t care for the byes as it gets very tiresome and boring. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

62 in Cbus today, pools are closed :(

Again, that’s today. Saw my Columbus friends at Easter time and they had already mowed their lawns 4 times. Flowers were blooming, and they hit 80 degrees several times already. Weather in BUF is awful and seems to be getting worse. Id guess that CLE is usually better as well. 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Or the teams in the weakest divisions. Honestly I don’t care for the byes as it gets very tiresome and boring. 

Again, that’s today. Saw my Columbus friends at Easter time and they had already mowed their lawns 4 times. Flowers were blooming, and they hit 80 degrees several times already. Weather in BUF is awful and seems to be getting worse. Id guess that CLE is usually better as well. 

It rained all spring in Columbus. It’s a bit warmer but was really gray. There are always hot days here anytime after Feb, we hit all 4 seasons in a wee timeframe in the spring. Cleveland and buffalo have very similar weather actually. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It rained all spring in Columbus. It’s a bit warmer but was really gray. There are always hot days here anytime after Feb, we hit all 4 seasons in a wee timeframe in the spring. Cleveland and buffalo have very similar weather actually. 

They might have similar weather, but BUF has morphed into two seasons really. Spring doesn’t exist and winter starts on around November 1st. 

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Mines not!

Many pools in BUF probably haven’t opened yet. Seriously, we’ve hit the upper 70’s maybe twice so far. If I still had my place in the ‘burbs with inground pool I may not have even bothered to open it yet. It was barely open 100 days a year in a good summer. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

The NHL, NBA, and MLB don't give teams byes.  The NCAA men's basketball tournament doesn't give byes.  Why should the NFL?

the NFL does not take direction from those other wussy sports (in comparison)