Roger Goodell speaks to Buffalo media from Jim Kelly’s golf tournament

Who says we need a stadium at all. Let’s find a nice big open field put a fence around it and charge everyone 20 bucks to come in and watch with all the booze they can carry. Then we will have football as it as meant to be played in a field surrounded by a bunch of drunk people. I know what you are thinking this will not be an optimal family experience. Well the world is not all daisies and butterflies and there is no better way of teaching children this then at a football game. Someone needs to hidden camera Goodell when he finds out we are going to play football unadulterated. He will flip his lid! Also I think it is time we retire Billy Buffalo.

Edited by Leonhart2017

3 hours ago, shane nelson said:

If you want the Bills to be here for the next 50 years then "Our House" must be up to NFL standards.  While I love Rich, The Ralph and The Cap as much as anyone else; I love the Bills more.  Our House needs a MAJOR Renovation (okay KC or GB) or we need to move to a new home.  That new home is either OP or DT.  If not, we will be at risk of that location being somewhere else.  Time to deal with reality and not our own wants and wishes!!   

So you believe the Pegulas will move the team.  Seems to be 100% against what they stand firm in owning the team.  More info on why they would do so please.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You're right they don't and and that's why particularly in hockey the 8th seeds are beating the 1 seeds.  Is that really a good thing. In the NHL and NBA way too many teams are making the playoffs anyway.  Agree it was cool that in 2018 Virginia lost to the 16 seed, but did it really make the tournament better or Syracuse losing to Vermont or Richmond?  Actually MLB does give byes BTW through the wild card round.

Without the byes I doubt the Bills would have made it to 4 straight Super Bowls.  Granted, one year it helped them, but the other three, would likely have been knocked out of one of them.

And to your last question, why should the NFL.  Did you ever think that maybe that's at least a small part of the reason the NFL is the #1 sport. 

Oh my God this post is so garbage I don't even know where to begin.

You don't care for the other sports, just leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I could do without the clickbait trash from PFT. I’m calling on all of my fellow TBD members to boycott that trash site!!

With that being said this is pretty much the exact same situation that it’s been forever. It’s posturing. A new stadium or a massive renovation is absolutely coming. That has ALWAYS been the case. Everyone is going to try to leverage the other side to pick up as much of the tab as they can. At the end of the day it will be a public/private partnership where each side picks up their piece.

My one wish is that this whole thing didn’t play out in the media. When comments like this are made, trash media, like PFT, will create their own narrative  for clicks. The uneducated now believe that they are in jeopardy of leaving. 

I couldn’t agree with this more. Kelly’s charity event also seems like such an inappropriate setting to publicly mention this issue. It shows very little class or tact imo. Things are like this are what gives the NFL such a bad name. 

Just read some direct quotes from Goodell at the golf tourney & his logic is no where near logical but one word tells it all pretty much in a nut shell !

Goodell said "A stadium is going to maintain the kind of fan base that's going to keep the team competitive & allow US to be successful in that market"

The stadium although it needs to be fan friendly & have certain creature comforts has nothing to do with weather the team is successful IMHO, if the players are happy in the fact that the owners are giving them everything they need to succeed like the brand new work out facilities the Peg's had built then they are going to play hard for that owner & be healthier for it !! 

Just because you have a $1.6 Billion stadium doesn't mean there will be more fans it means the opposite if it means pricing the fan out of the stadium one would think !

Sure it's nice to look at but these num nuts have to think of more than the NFL's agenda & wallet, which is the part of Goodells statement to me that stuck out the most was the part when he said "us" (which is the reason why i put it in capital letters) that one word immediately made me think us being the NFL to be successful in that market :huh:

The Bills have been here since the 60's & have made it through good & bad does that not mean they are a successful franchise ?

Sure they (meaning the NFL) are in this to make money but where does greed over rule what's best for the fans & their region ? Goodell of all people growing up in the area should know what the region can afford & knows if the Bills win the place will be packed snow or not ! Also the players have said that the Bills have some of if not the best work out facilities in the league which is pretty telling !

I think the entire stadium thing is a NFL push (Jerry & his hench man) & has more to do with them than the actual fans that support the team, I've been to the Ralph a number of times & never had a terrible experience, sure the old girl may need some upgrades but all the yuppy crap like super fast internet & hand warmers at every seat , TV's all over so you can stay inside & watch the game SCREW ALL THAT !! 

If you want to do the yuppy game day thing & text all your buddies & do selfies through out the game & not even pay attention to what's going on on the field then throw a party at your house if you want to watch live football then go to the game & watch it .

The Pegs are doing a lot of things to the stadium & i think it would be asinine if they sank all they have into the place to just shut it down in a few year because Big Brother (NFL) tells us all what they think we need as fans to stay relevant ? !!

Sorry for the rant ?

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

And I think the type of owner we have is directly related to how Ralph set up his lease. 

He did not want a carpetbagger coming in and moving team.

...yup....and damn smart....so what if Pegula tells Rog, "not now but call me in a few years about new digs"?.....what could they do, excommunicate him?....seriously?.....

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sure, but that’s a little more of a fluke. Just down the road a bit in Columbus, it’s been consistently 15-20 degrees above BUF temps, and our highs have been their lows. We’ve had seemingly perpetual cloud cover since Thanksgiving. Just terrible. 

Not sure it is a fluke - looking at the last 9 years of April temperatures the difference between Cleveland and Buffalo is about 3 degrees for both the high and the low temperatures (not 15-20) because Cleveland is also up on the lake unlike Columbus.

Additionally, the last 9 years Buffalo has had significantly less total precipitation in April on average than Cleveland.  7 of the 9 years Buffalo  has been less with the difference exceeding 30 millimeters difference in Buffalo’s favor in 2 years. The two years that Cleveland had less it was by 11 and 3 millimeters - nearly identical. 

Buffalo also had fewer days of precipitation in April 5 of the last 9 years and only 2 years did they have more.  

Based on the true data between the cities it looks like Cleveland is generally slightly warmer (about 3 degrees), but wetter with more precipitation and more days of precipitation (both rain and snow).  

I do do not see how anyone could logically say the weather difference is what would keep the NFL Draft out of Buffalo.

Finally a quick review shows Chicago has temperatures right in the same area as Buffalo and Cleveland and even more precipitation on average than either city for April and they already had the draft.

To me it is not the weather that will keep them away - unless Cleveland is horrible- it will be held as a carrot to get a new stadium and some new downtown buildings to host such an event and put on a great experience.

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sure, but that’s a little more of a fluke. Just down the road a bit in Columbus, it’s been consistently 15-20 degrees above BUF temps, and our highs have been their lows. We’ve had seemingly perpetual cloud cover since Thanksgiving. Just terrible. 

Also just to to clear up one last thing - the average April temperature in Columbus is about 5-6 degrees warmer than Cleveland the last 9 years - a bigger difference than between Cleveland and Buffalo.  

Columbus also has several years with even more precipitation than Cleveland and Buffalo in April, but there are huge extremes - some years like 2017 they had 48 less millimeters than Cleveland, but 15 more than Buffalo.  Others like 2015 - Columbus has 40+ millimeters more than both Buffalo and Cleveland.  The number of days with precipitation is nearly identical also.

So there is a bigger difference in temperatures between Columbus and Cleveland than Cleveland and Buffalo and Columbus actually has the most precipitation of all 3 many years.

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Er, as opposed to a 6 beating a 3 and then a 6 beating a 1 AND then winning the Super Bowl, which the 2010 Packers and 2005 Steelers did. I'm not really sure I follow how a lower seed beating a higher seed cheapens a league. 

The 6th seeds in the NFL have done relatively well and many have advanced to the AFC/NFC Championships. That means they've been beating the 1 seeds. Why does it matter that they've done it a round later in the playoffs? I don't think for a second that's making the league worse off.

I'm not saying expand to 8 teams, I'm just not sure I get why a bye is necessary.

The difference is with the byes, the 1 and 2 seeds have less opportunities to lose. and having that bye gives the rested team a big leg up the following week, so more often than not will win and then move onto the conference championship the following weekend.  Does the 6 beat the 1 on occasion, sure but more often they don't.  The two teams you mention   are also rather popular teams so sure many were happy about it.  Actually thought the Giants also did the same another year, also a popular team.  Go to 8 teams you're playing more games, so more chances to lose,  and you lose the advantage of being rested. 

There's already enough parity in the league, at least let the better teams advance more.

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

While Buffalo doesn’t have the corporate presence to sell more suites, I disagree on the raising of revenue overall. There is plenty of room for that in this market, which currently has the lowest average ticket price in the league. There is an upscale market that remains largely untapped who simply won’t attend games at the current venue. This is largely due to weather and the presence of a segment of fans that currently goes to the games. This won’t change without a new venue. The stadium isn’t exactly crumbling to the ground, but it’s a woefully outdated relic from a different era of the NFL from a business standpoint. 

So you want more muffy and chets at Bills games.. great more rich bastages not cheering.

Yeh if they are going to build a new place, put it downtown, but not because Roger told Buffalo so... he need to turn in his Buffalo heritage card and screw pft

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

So you want more muffy and chets at Bills games.. great more rich bastages not cheering.

None of this Stadium talk has anything to do with who you or I want to attend games. It’s based on who the Pegulas and their brain trust decide is their target market to increase the team’s revenues. 

• Like (+1) 1