Allen and Daboll talking play calling

Shoulder injury last season?

Anyway, I’m not surprised at this at all. It’s the natural evolution of an OC and his QB. We could see last year that, upon his return from injury, Allen was given a bit more of the reigns on the field. 

Hearing this on the heels of Allen working with Zay on how he wants certain routes run, etc., bodes very well. 

Allen is making this team his own and that’s job one on a football team. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Anyway, I’m not surprised at this at all. It’s the natural evolution of an OC and his QB. We could see last year that, upon his return from injury, Allen was given a bit more of the reigns on the field. 

Hearing this on the heels of Allen working with Zay on how he wants certain routes run, etc., bodes very well. 

Allen is making this team his own and that’s job one on a football team. 

Did you forget about the Houston game, he went out after getting sandwiched?

It ended up being great for his development as we brought in Anderson to pass down some wisdom and he got to dissect film. Sky's the limit for Josh. Looking forward to this season!

Edited by sunshynman
words

1 minute ago, sunshynman said:

Did you forget about the Huston game, he went out after getting sandwiched?

It ended up being great for his development as we brought in Anderson to pass down some wisdom and he got to dissect film. Sky's the limit for Josh. Looking forward to this season!

That was an elbow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Did you forget about the Huston game, he went out after getting sandwiched?

I thought he just hurt his elbow on that play. People were panicking that he might need Tommy John surgery after that game. I don’t recall anything about a shoulder injury though.

Agree entirely that getting hurt and having some time to observe and learn while tied to the hip of Daboll was a blessing in disguise.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Sloppy article, hastily thrown together.  There was no shoulder injury, just the elbow we all know about.

I'm surprised Bills fans even read profootballtalk -- there's absolutely nothing presented there (regarding the Bills) that we haven't seen first in the local media.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Sloppy article, hastily thrown together.  There was no shoulder injury, just the elbow we all know about.

I'm surprised Bills fans even read profootballtalk -- there's absolutely nothing presented there (regarding the Bills) that we haven't seen first in the local media.

I get the point about profootballtalk as a lousy source,  but it was nice reading about Allen’s and Daboll’s evolving relationship, regardless. 

1 minute ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Chris Simms has talked about offensive coaches talking to the QB and calling what they like and feel most comfortable with and not calling what they don't like, and made it seem like it's pretty standard stuff around the league.

Yes. It's just evidence that the offense is progressing. First year in a scheme everyone is just trying to learn it, especially rookie QB's. By the 2nd year they are able to refine a lot of things and the QB has experience on what they like and what they don't.

This is why Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson are at a disadvantage compared to Josh Allen. They are starting back from square 1.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Maybe because local media uses paygates?

2 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Chris Simms has talked about offensive coaches talking to the QB and calling what they like and feel most comfortable with and not calling what they don't like, and made it seem like it's pretty standard stuff around the league.

Yep. 

Jimbo and Marchibroda has it paired down to about a dozen plays (with variations) by the time that offense really started humming. 

It all boils down to superior talent anyway. Heck, Kelly could have told opposing defenses what was coming and still would have been successful. We were that talented on offense. Today, everyone and his mother knows Brady is gonna look for Edelman on third down first and foremost and damned if he doesn’t convert most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Tom!

In other news this evening, water - is still wet.

Yep, you heard that right folks! 

Water remains wet - just as it has always been. 

When asked for further comment, it elaborated it was because it comes from a large body of water such as a lake or ocean, which, is also known to be wet. 

Scientists are further looking into the matter to verify it has something to do with its elemental make up - of H2O.

Back you you Tom....

I hate these little articles designed for clicks. They take a small part of an interview that we have all listened to or watched at least once and have already seen reported in print. Then, they isolate it and throw some other pointless and often wrong info to frame it as if its some breaking or new story when in the end its just rehashed recycled throwaway common sense fluff from the original interview with a dumb headline that may or may not actually have something to do with the prest of the 'piece'. Just silly IMO

Edited by gobills1212
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

The only thing I dont like about the No Huddle is you also see what the downside of it is.....too many 3 and outs and your defense has been on the field too long

However

We do have a defense that is based on rotations at a lot of positions too keep players fresh.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The only thing I dont like about the No Huddle is you also see what the downside of it is.....too many 3 and outs and your defense has been on the field too long

However

We do have a defense that is based on rotations at a lot of positions too keep players fresh.

That's the hurry-up.  You can run the No Huddle without it hurrying up and if you see the defense substituting, as long as you don't, you can get them with 12 men on the field.

4 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

Too bad Jimbo had to wait 22 years for someone who might be able to benefit for his experience.

3 hours ago, sunshynman said:

The J-Gun, I'm OK with it!

Or A-Gun. 

• Thank you (+1) 1