If you could pick One non QB player to join the Bills from an NFL roster who would it be?

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Except the fact that Donald crapped the bed on the biggest stage of his career.  New England completely owned him.  If anything he was upstaged by an older Suh who out played him.  

You realise New England's whole gameplan was about taking him away right? They were triple teaming him on lots and lots of snaps. They basically said "the Rams edge rushers can't beat us" and made their focus keeping the middle clean. It was classic Belichick. Find what you do best and take it away. He will always let the guys he doesn't fear make some plays because he is playing the percentages. How likely is Dante Fowler to cost me the Superbowl? How likely is Donald to cost me it? Gameplan accordingly.

Hmm.  Saquan Barkley and Myles Garrett are awfully tempting.  Both are young and among the best in their position in the NFL.  I would not go with an elite WR because of the number of touches per game.  He's going to be a target maybe 10 times in a game, and make 7-9 receptions.  Barkley is going to have at least twice that many carries, and probably add a handful of receptions.  On defense, Garrett's youth is the deciding factor.  I would not go with Aaron Donald because Ed Oliver has the chance to have a similar impact.  Between the two, I'll go with Barkley because I think he can have the bigger impact.

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

Quenton Nelson - Left Guard

best interior lineman in league.

on his rookie deal contract ($6mil/yr ave).

under team control for 4 more years with 5th year option.

incredible value vs top end franchised player

could use the extra +$17 mil cap space per year  on another player (compared to Khalil Mack ave $23 mil/yr or aaron Donald $22.5))

Shhh...guards aren’t worth taking in top10 according to this board

11 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Yes. Deandre Hopkins is probably the correct choice.  I wouldn’t say no to Khalil Mack though.  I’m still pissed about missing out on him.  Myles Garrett would be a great addition and is still on his rookie deal.  And I’d love to have Gilmore back to pair with Tre White. 

When you say "missing out on him" to mean when he was right there for us at 4 and became an instant impact player and an instant pro-bowler and eventually league defensive MVP and one of the best backers in the game as opposed to taking a player who was gone after three years or so, or do you mean missing out on giving up two first round picks on him last year?

...OK, it's a little rhetorical and loaded... I am right there with you as far as being pissed.  Does it show?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

8 hours ago, mannc said:

Before he ran into his recent off-field issues, I would have said Tyreek Hill.  If we are only talking about 2019 season, probably Julio Jones.  But if we are talking about a player to add for the future, I might say Hopkins, Nick Bosa, or Myles Garrett.  

I would take both Watts and both Bosas

Mike Evans. (3rd in yards)

Julio Jones had 153 more yards on 27 more receptions. (1st in yards)

DeAndre Hopkins had 48 more yards on 29 more receptions. (2nd in yards)

Both had better QBs than Evans...and both had the same QB all year.

Evans had more 20+ yard catches (2nd behind Tyreek Hill), his long of 72 yards was longer than both of theirs, and he averaged more YPC than anyone with 45+ catches.

I'll take Mike Evans, he's the best WR in the game right now...no WR did more with less at QB.

(Jones had 11 TDs, Hopkins and Evans each had 8 TDs.)

Edited by JustWinPlease
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Larry Fitzgerald. Considering we are winning the SB this year, he and Gore can go out with a ring and both go into Canton as Bills because of it. Nothing makes me happier than when the Mafia takes over the HOF ceremony.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That includes incorporating his contract.  Barkley, Mack, Donald, and Kelce come to mind but I'd prefer a #1 WR for Allen.

I'd go with DeAndre Hopkins.  A 26 year old in his prime with strong hands, a large catch radius, wins those 50/50 balls, not a locker room problem, and can create separation.  Locked up through 2022 with the majority of the dead cap hit off his 5 year 81 million dollar contract after this season. 

Can´t argue with that, that would be a solid addition that could put our offense over the top.

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

When you say "missing out on him" to mean when he was right there for us at 4 and became an instant impact player and an instant pro-bowler and eventually league defensive MVP and one of the best backers in the game as opposed to taking a player who was gone after three years or so, or do you mean missing out on giving up two first round picks on him last year?

...OK, it's a little rhetorical and loaded... I am right there with you as far as being pissed.  Does it show?

I meant in the draft.  I remember that Leroi has posted the day before the draft that the Bills had a deal with the Browns worked out to get Watkins.  I was hoping he was wrong and it was in place, but for Watkins.  He would’ve been the biggest (current) star in Buffalo.  You’ve got a right to be pissed. 

• Like (+1) 1