If you could pick One non QB player to join the Bills from an NFL roster who would it be?

Before he ran into his recent off-field issues, I would have said Tyreek Hill.  If we are only talking about 2019 season, probably Julio Jones.  But if we are talking about a player to add for the future, I might say Hopkins, Nick Bosa, or Myles Garrett.  

Mack then Hopkins. I’d really love to have seen Mack opposite Jerry but it wasn’t meant to be.  I’m glad we saved the 23 mill a year and multiple picks.  While it’s not likely, Oliver has the ability to be equal to Mack imo.  Oliver plus next year’s 1st and 20 mill and other picks.  With Beane running the show, I’m happy he did as he did even though it sucks watching Mack dominate.  

I chose mack over Hopkins because pass rush > everything except qb imo.  Talent wise, there really isn’t a better fit for josh allen than hopkins.  He’s EXACTLY what JA needs to be a HoFer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On Defense Khalil Mack hands down... The Dline would be sick with Mack & Oliver getting to the QB.

On offense Saquon Barkley & Odell Beckham Jr. If we had all 3 it would make Buffalo a SB team hands down.

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Mack then Hopkins. I’d really love to have seen Mack opposite Jerry but it wasn’t meant to be.  I’m glad we saved the 23 mill a year and multiple picks.  While it’s not likely, Oliver has the ability to be equal to Mack imo.  Oliver plus next year’s 1st and 20 mill and other picks.  With Beane running the show, I’m happy he did as he did even though it sucks watching Mack dominate.  

I chose mack over Hopkins because pass rush > everything except qb imo.  Talent wise, there really isn’t a better fit for josh allen than hopkins.  He’s EXACTLY what JA needs to be a HoFer.

Tell me about it im still mad we passed on Mack when we traded up i really thought we moved up for mack.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I guess I'm looking at the Bills as a franchise right now who's GM and coach is better at identifying defensive talent than offensive talent.  We finished 2nd overall in defense last year in yards allowed with an average pass rush.  I have more faith that this staff will draft/trade for/sign a future star DE end and if Oliver turns out we could have an elite defense for years.  Plus, Hughes will continue to provide pressure and if we're lucky Shaq and/or Murphy outperform expectations.

I want to help Josh Allen with a #1 WR that seems more and more difficult to obtain.  Hopkins set a record for most receptions in a season (115) without any drops last year.  He's arguably the best at 50/50 balls and has a large catch radius which is huge as Allen will never have pinpoint accuracy.  Having a team game plan to stop Hopkins would make life easier for Brown, Beasley, and Foster/Jones.  It also helps the running game as teams can't load the box if we can burn them in the air.  You can't go wrong with Hopkins or Mack though but I think Hopkins would help this particular team more.

Edited by Doc Brown

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I'd say Aaron Donald, but we have Ed Oliver now. For that reason I'll go with Hopkins. We need a #1 WR.

Except the fact that Donald crapped the bed on the biggest stage of his career.  New England completely owned him.  If anything he was upstaged by an older Suh who out played him.  

I'm answering this question taking into account the moves the Bills made in the off season and since they already have a very good defense I'll focus on the offense. 

They shored up their O-line and improved themselves at WR & TE.  Sure I could pick a future HOFer at these positions and make the Bills even better but like I said I think they're much improved here.  So where do I see a problem still?  RB.  They need a game breaking RB that fits the modern bill of being deadly both running and catching the football.  So I'm going to take Christian McCaffrey.

He's young, is just now coming into his own and I suspect he'll be in the final 3 for offensive MVP this year.  And if he can convince Cam Newton of the value of check down passes he can convince Josh Allen.  The guy has demonstrated that he can run between the tackles and carry the load taking over 90% of the Panthers offensive snaps last year.  IMO he would provide the overall high quality RB production we haven't seen since Thurman Thomas.  And he would do it for at least 5 more years. 

Quenton Nelson - Left Guard

best interior lineman in league.

on his rookie deal contract ($6mil/yr ave).

under team control for 4 more years with 5th year option.

incredible value vs top end franchised player

could use the extra +$17 mil cap space per year  on another player (compared to Khalil Mack ave $23 mil/yr or aaron Donald $22.5))